Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quickster47 View Post
    What exactly where the other dangerous design flaws in previous models you speak of?

Did you personally experience them?

Carl
    '

He is probably referring to the Dynamic Power Steering recall that happened in the fall of 2010 and affected all models and years.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Problems with the ST

It is July 4th and we still have not heard anything from BRP or Ghislain Cossette the service manager at BRP. We have reported the melted master brake cylinder to the NHTSA. I hope that we hear something soon. We really miss riding our Spyder and itis not right to pay $25,000 for a bike you can't even ride. Right now I am so mad at BRP for selling these flawed bikes.

Spyder Garage

Default ST Problems

My ST-S is going to the dealer tomorrow to have the MC plastic cap replaced. I have already wrapped the exhaust pipe with heat wrap and the dealer will wrap the cap with reflective heat tape. It's odd that your dealer won't try a fix and release the Spyder, while my dealer has suggested this fix until we hear from BRP. Is it wise for me to be riding my Spyder after this fix? Well, I'll let you know as time goes by. I'm not going to let BRP ruin my summer fun by staying silent.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Guys, I spoke with BRP and they are currently investigating the situation of the brake master cylinder deformation on some 2013 units.

If you want to have your unit inspected for this possible situation, please call your dealer and appointment to have your Spyder checked out. BRP has communicated with their dealer network on this subject.

Once a solution is available it will be communicated to the dealer network accordingly. This needs to be handle by your local dealer.

Spyder Garage

BRP is no different than any other manufacture be it a motorcycle, car or a weedeater. Vendors are issued submittals and go through a bid process to supply specific parts to be manufactured to certain standards of materials, quality etc. During the manufacturing process sometimes faulty materials get by the quality control or inspection process. It doesn't usually affect the entire line of the product but usually a small percentage. The difficult part is to determine if the defect involves all the parts used in production or just a certain batch of parts used and then determine when this defective batch hit the assembly line. It does take time to Nail down these issues. We do lay down a lot of money for the Spyders and although I have never had any issues I can certainly understand the fustration for those of you that are having the problem. I had a car that was bought new (2010) model that lost 2 transmissions and had a faulty throttle body, (yes, throttle bodies go bad on cars to). I am sure BRP will get to the bottom of the heat issue and the parts breaking down due to the heat. Hopfully sooner than later.
    Last edited by StanProff; 07-04-2013 at 10:40 AM.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Default melting plastic

i just saw rabtech's photo of the master cylinder/exhaust pipe. they are like two inches apart. what genius designed that. most plastics melt around 350° . i would think it's easily hotter than that two inches from that pipe. W T H .
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Default #9 sparkplugs, heat shield around MS, computer reset

pic1.jpgpic2.jpg
    My 2013 Spyder RT-S Master brake cylinder is ok at 3,200 miles, but still added HP reflective heat shield around master cylinder; double wrapped #2 cylinder exhaust pipe and temp dropped to 152 deg. Putting in colder running #9 iridium plugs, with a computer reset from Len helped it to run richer with light black carbon instead of the white it was previously using the #8 plugs. (I also added a 2 Bros muffler before the computer reset). Len can advise your dealer how to reset your Spyder ST to run richer.
    Added HP reflective shield over top of #2 cylinder to stop heat around left side & seat. Added Hp reflective heat shield to front & sides of gas tank, gas temp dropped to 128 deg, gas cap is now 116 deg.
    Hang in there. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    check the spark plugs...my are white...running lean
    Last edited by spyderyderjim; 07-07-2013 at 05:04 PM.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My ST will go to Len at PitBull this coming weekend...we will trailer it to Missouri on Friday...see Len Saturday am...

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder