Thread: Cook's Corner?

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Cook's Corner?

So any of the Ca folks here ever take their Spyder to Cook's Corner?

http://www.cookscorners.com/

This place has been around since I was a kid. Whenever taking a drive through the local hills here you always see TON's of bikers there just about anytime of day and weekends can be PACKED! I was driving by there a few months ago and did not see one single trike (or Spyder) there of any kind when I went past the place. Seems it's mostly Harley guys.

You think they would laugh us Spyder lovers out of the place if we rolled up there?

Maybe we should plan a "Spyder decent" on the place some weekend to introduce our trikes to the place

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default Maybe..!!

Have not heard of the place though we ryde mostly southern areas. We have several places like that here and if you go you will spend most of the time answering questions. If we go in a group we may be able to eat..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Might be a fun idea to do. I know your ride up from SD would add 2 hours or so.
    Maybe plan a ride to there on a weekend they are not having a big event?

The Santiago canyon roads up there like Majeska Canyon and Silverado Canyon roads can be fun little rides. Not too long to get all tired but fun. I plan to get some learning in on those roads in the very near future as I have yet to ride on a curvy road yet. My wife insists I do that before she will go on any long ride with me.

Bob

Spyder Garage

I have rode my RT to Cook's Corner and Rose Canyon Cantina many times for lunch, on weekdays and on weekends. The only issue is parking, you have to get there early.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 06-28-2013 at 06:59 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    I have rode my RT to Cook's Corner and Rose Canyon Cantina many times for lunch, on weekdays and on weekends.
    So what happened? You get laughed at with "that's not a motorcycle! " or was it a bunch of questions and curiosity?

Bob

Spyder Garage

Nothing happened. No comments. Maybe a question or two, most of the time not any. There are a fair amount of HD and Gold Wing trikes. No reaction either way. My wife and I enjoy the ride to there and to Rose Canyon Cantina. Because trikes take up so much space, you have to park in the lot that is on the Live Oak Canyon Road side. We try to be there @ 11-11:15 ish.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 06-30-2013 at 07:36 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.