Thread: Cook's Corner?

Spyder Garage

Default Cook's Corner?

So any of the Ca folks here ever take their Spyder to Cook's Corner?

http://www.cookscorners.com/

This place has been around since I was a kid. Whenever taking a drive through the local hills here you always see TON's of bikers there just about anytime of day and weekends can be PACKED! I was driving by there a few months ago and did not see one single trike (or Spyder) there of any kind when I went past the place. Seems it's mostly Harley guys.

You think they would laugh us Spyder lovers out of the place if we rolled up there?

Maybe we should plan a "Spyder decent" on the place some weekend to introduce our trikes to the place

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default Maybe..!!

Have not heard of the place though we ryde mostly southern areas. We have several places like that here and if you go you will spend most of the time answering questions. If we go in a group we may be able to eat..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Might be a fun idea to do. I know your ride up from SD would add 2 hours or so.
    Maybe plan a ride to there on a weekend they are not having a big event?

The Santiago canyon roads up there like Majeska Canyon and Silverado Canyon roads can be fun little rides. Not too long to get all tired but fun. I plan to get some learning in on those roads in the very near future as I have yet to ride on a curvy road yet. My wife insists I do that before she will go on any long ride with me.

Bob

Spyder Garage

I have rode my RT to Cook's Corner and Rose Canyon Cantina many times for lunch, on weekdays and on weekends. The only issue is parking, you have to get there early.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 06-28-2013 at 06:59 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    I have rode my RT to Cook's Corner and Rose Canyon Cantina many times for lunch, on weekdays and on weekends.
    So what happened? You get laughed at with "that's not a motorcycle! " or was it a bunch of questions and curiosity?

Bob

Spyder Garage

Nothing happened. No comments. Maybe a question or two, most of the time not any. There are a fair amount of HD and Gold Wing trikes. No reaction either way. My wife and I enjoy the ride to there and to Rose Canyon Cantina. Because trikes take up so much space, you have to park in the lot that is on the Live Oak Canyon Road side. We try to be there @ 11-11:15 ish.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 06-30-2013 at 07:36 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default i'd be interested

Is that place on the Ortega Highway?

Spyder Garage

No. It's in Trabuco Canyon in OC. For me, it's a nice ride from Santiago Canyon, by Irvine Lake, thru Trabuco Canyon, thru O'Neil County Park, and we turn around at Rose Canyon. We usually meet up @ Imperial Hwy and the 91 fwy. Check out the site he listed at the beginning.

Spyder Garage

See you at 9:00 AM at the Chevron corner of Chapman and Jamboree this morning!
    My first time riding canyon roads

Bob

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    See you at 9:00 AM at the Chevron corner of Chapman and Jamboree this morning!
    My first time riding canyon roads

Bob
    Have fun you guys

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

GREAT RIDE! I got my twisties on

Met up with Steve and we took the canyons. All of them.

Did Silverado Canyon, then up the road to O'Neill park road. Stupid me as we were making the corner at cooks corner, with lots of guys looking at us, I made a n00b mistake and shifted into neutral instead of 2nd gave it gas and REV.....
    Ah well.... Steve and I stopped at Rosie's Cantina for lunch and had a good time. Then on the way back we took Modjeska canyon road loop. Plenty curvy!

Bottom line my fear of curves was false. No issues. It was especially good to follow Steve and learn too! I was leaning a little more than needed after watching him.

We passed lots of other motorcyclists and most gave the 2 finger wave. Most the Harley guys did not and one guy gave us a thumbs down. I did not see it but Steve said he did... Ah well... doesn't bother me! We got more nice 2 finger waves by far than not even counting the thumbs down.

It was great to finally ride with another sypder rider! THANK YOU STEVE! I really appreciated you coming out from Riverside to ride with me

I look forward to another ride again sometime. Maybe out in your neck of the woods next time.

FYI Steve you Jinxed me. When we stopped to say so long Steve and I talked about the evaporator. I have yet to have any gas smell so far but this time when I got to the garage I could smell gas. All the curves must have got some gas into my evaporator. I did have a full tank when we left this morning from the meet up spot so maybe that was why this time.

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 07-06-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ah man. Wish I knew. I would have gone too. Glad you didn't let the 'thumbs down' bother you. Some people can be snobby clicky

Spyder Garage

Damn......... sorry I wis you did too!
    No worries I think we will ride together sometime soon.

Anyone up for Ortega canyon road?

Bob

Spyder Garage

I got a ride idea!

Us west of jerbear take I5 south and then the 74 inland all the way to La Quinta!
    We hang and party at jerbear's place and ride back the next day! Jerbear's goes with us back.
    And we put him up unless he wants to head home.

Sorry jerbear for putting you in a "hotel spot" unless your cool with that
    Otherwise we can ride back.

Might be good for folks thinking of the Death Valley ride to get a taste

Just throwin it out there as an idea.

Bob

Spyder Garage

there are 3 ryding groups in your area. Ones the San Diego Chapter, another the LA Chapter, and the 3rd is the Inland Empire (Riverside) chapter. All of Spyder Ryder of America. They all have facebook pages, and a couple of them have websites, just google Spyder Ryder of America. :-)
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hey Bob,

We are up 200 miles from you but have ridden to Cooks Corner on 2 wheels. We used to live in Mission Viejo. Let us know if you ever make it up our direction (Central Coast - Santa Barbara/San Luis Obispo) If we get down your direction we will see about a ride to Cooks.

Jon

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb More choices....

Quote Originally Posted by joet82 View Post
    there are 3 ryding groups in your area. Ones the San Diego Chapter, another the LA Chapter, and the 3rd is the Inland Empire (Riverside) chapter. All of Spyder Ryder of America. They all have facebook pages, and a couple of them have websites, just google Spyder Ryder of America. :-)
    joe82 don't forget to mention right here on
    this forum are SpyderLovers ryding chapters,
    and the best thing is you don't have to go anywhere
    else even if you move to Washington or Missouri

SpyderLovers Forum has it ALL!

finless Bob, you can even start your own Orange County SpyderLovers Chapter as well, for free

the LA City of Angels Chapter supports this idea. just sayin...

You can Learn LOTS MORE here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    If you just want to start a riding group with or without political structure you can do so here.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Riding-Groups!

Spyder Garage

I will think about it. Never been much of a club type guy. Organizing rides might be fun though.

Bob