Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Kewlmetal fails to communicate

Ordered the filter system from kewlmetal on 6/4 they confirmed order 6/5 have attempted twice to get a status with no return contact. Have I wasted my time and should I call credit card company for charge back? I know sometimes they are slow, but no contact leaves me more frustrated then having a blown throttle body.
    Corbin saddle
    spyderpops block off plate, bump skid, belt guard
    IPS
    Tricled LED lights all around(too many to name here)
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Custom Dynamics britesides
    VTC floorboards, upper air vents, spoiler
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    Repainted rear fender, trunk latch assembly, switch cluster, gauge cluster
    cell phone interface kit
    travel cover that no longer fits due to the spoiler
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Spyder Garage

Wouldn't worry, this is standard operating procedure for Kewl Metal. They make great products but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. They'll come through in the end though if you can wait. If not just cancel the order.

Spyder Garage

You will get your stuff. There may be some dead air between now and then though....

It's one of those moments I'm afraid.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's a shame...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I fail to see how they're still in business.
    It doesn't matter how 'great' someone's products are if they can't ship them or communicate well with our community.
    How hard is it to return a phone call or email?

A few of their items (the intake setup) can't be had elsewhere. Seems to me there's a wide open market for one of the other site vendors to come up with similar products.

ISCI can work billet parts like nobodies business... hell.. they make the carb plates for NASCAR... I think they could handle an intake setup for the Spyder. They also have great customer service.... come to all of the Spyder events,etc.

How about it ISCI??? Care to make a competing intake setup?

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dan:
    ISCI's contact numbers...
    334-277-2224
    Jeff K: ext 3804
    Robert K: ext 3820

Sales: 1-800-838-9421
    Billy Joe Jones
    Give them a call and bounce it off of them... with you that they're work is the best around too!

Spyder Garage

Wow, am I glad this was posted. I was going to pull the trigger on the Kewlmetal Air Filter Kit when I get back from vacation next week. I don't need the hassle. When I order something I expect it to be shipped that day or the next unless it has a note that shipping is delayed for whatever reason. Thanks for watching out for each other.

Kraig
    2012 RT SE5
    2010 RT-622 trailer
    2013 Triump Bonneville T100
    1971 Honda CT70
    1972 Honda CT70H

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I fail to see how they're still in business.
    It doesn't matter how 'great' someone's products are if they can't ship them or communicate well with our community.
    How hard is it to return a phone call or email?

A few of their items (the intake setup) can't be had elsewhere. Seems to me there's a wide open market for one of the other site vendors to come up with similar products.

ISCI can work billet parts like nobodies business... hell.. they make the carb plates for NASCAR... I think they could handle an intake setup for the Spyder. They also have great customer service.... come to all of the Spyder events,etc.

How about it ISCI??? Care to make a competing intake setup?
    Vendors here try not to step on each other's toes. It's a pretty kind crowd. Matt and Joe are great guys but I know that does not make up for dead air.

I've found it's much better to just tell the customer that you don't have it, can't ship it right away, or whatever.

Everyone runs into issues, including vendors. I've found Spyderlover customers to be some of the best in the world. I know all the vendors here very much appreciate that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Vendors here try not to step on each other's toes. It's a pretty kind crowd. Matt and Joe are great guys but I know that does not make up for dead air.

I've found it's much better to just tell the customer that you don't have it, can't ship it right away, or whatever.

Everyone runs into issues, including vendors. I've found Spyderlover customers to be some of the best in the world. I know all the vendors here very much appreciate that.
    I have no problem waiting for things to come to me but when I get nothing from them after 2 requests for information I become less inclined to be the nice guy. I have ordered things that have taken 9 months to get to me but I was happy to wait because there was communication and they explained each and every time what was being improved or fixed.
    Corbin saddle
    spyderpops block off plate, bump skid, belt guard
    IPS
    Tricled LED lights all around(too many to name here)
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Custom Dynamics britesides
    VTC floorboards, upper air vents, spoiler
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    Repainted rear fender, trunk latch assembly, switch cluster, gauge cluster
    cell phone interface kit
    travel cover that no longer fits due to the spoiler
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Took me 6 weeks to get my air intake from them. I never got a response to email. Only response was after numerous phone calls and they finally picked up. I gave them a second chance and ordered their handle bar mount helmet locks. It's been 10 weeks now and I've been told 3 times they will ship next week. I wanted them installed for the owners event 3 weeks ago. Maybe I'll have them for the next owners event. They are now on my "never do business with again" list. Even though I love the quality of the air intake kit, I won't recommend them because of lousy customer service and VERY long lead times.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Yeah.. I know..... but this isn't just an every now and then problem... it seems Kewlmetal does this all the time... doesn't stock items.. takes months to ship, doesn't contact customers, etc....

Some competition can be good for everyone. If Kewlmetal can't provide the products in a timely manner, I see no reason why ISCI shouldn't be able to offer a similar product offering. I'm sure the ISCI version would be more expensive.... but as with anything... you get what you pay for. It's not like Kewlmetal invented the intake manifold.....there were other versions out prior to their release.. but those are unfortunately no longer available either.

I don't know if Kewlmetal has this stuff made in China or Mexico and thus it's taking that long to ship in or if they make stuff here.. but there's no excuse for continual delays like this. If you're going to advertise and sell a product, you damn well better stock it and be ready to ship them.

There are other items out here that can be had from various vendors --- not the exact same products but ones that do the same thing--- with different materials--- different prices, etc... Competition is good for all.

If a vendor was supplying a shoddy product, they'd most likely be yanked as a sit sponsor...(Marcel anyone?) why should terrible customer service be any different... I personally would tell them to get their act together or yank them as a sponsor.... just my .02.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

You know, Ron, you are one of the best out there when it comes to customer service, shipping products quickly etc. I understand not wanting to step on each other's toes, but at some point we vote with our dollars. Kewl Metal needs to figure this out, or they won't be around for much longer. Too bad, but it's not that difficult to return an email.

Thanks Ron, for how you conduct your business. I installed my anti-sway bar a couple of days ago - and it rocks! So do you.

Spyder Garage

Is that air intake plastic or anodized aluminum?

JT

Spyder Garage

I run a forum myself

www.freaktab.com

If we have an advertiser that starts getting complaints like this, we drop them! It shows good will to the users that we are not just in it for the advertising dollars and our advertisers/sponsors can be trusted.

Just how I operate my site.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just hoped over there to take a peek...
    It seems like a friendly place; you've got some good folks in there!

Doc - Riverside

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post

JT

Anodized Aluminum. Well made. I believe he has them made via a CNC machine process.

Spyder Garage

I concur, anything over a couple of weeks with no product and even worse, no communication is ridiculous. I had already written off this company's products based on previous e-mails. A real shame because everyone says they are good guys with good products, just apparently terrible businessmen.
    2012 RS Black - Fox Shocks, BRP Touring Windshield, BRP Sport Rack, BRP Backrest, BRP 1"Riser,Kuryakyn Console Inserts, Spyder Pops Missing Air Dam and Heat Shield
    Next Up - Madstad Brackets, Floorboards, Kuryakyn Iso-Grips

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Yeah.. I know..... but this isn't just an every now and then problem... it seems Kewlmetal does this all the time... doesn't stock items.. takes months to ship, doesn't contact customers, etc....

Some competition can be good for everyone. If Kewlmetal can't provide the products in a timely manner, I see no reason why ISCI shouldn't be able to offer a similar product offering. I'm sure the ISCI version would be more expensive.... but as with anything... you get what you pay for. It's not like Kewlmetal invented the intake manifold.....there were other versions out prior to their release.. but those are unfortunately no longer available either.

I don't know if Kewlmetal has this stuff made in China or Mexico and thus it's taking that long to ship in or if they make stuff here.. but there's no excuse for continual delays like this. If you're going to advertise and sell a product, you damn well better stock it and be ready to ship them.

There are other items out here that can be had from various vendors --- not the exact same products but ones that do the same thing--- with different materials--- different prices, etc... Competition is good for all.

If a vendor was supplying a shoddy product, they'd most likely be yanked as a sit sponsor...(Marcel anyone?) why should terrible customer service be any different... I personally would tell them to get their act together or yank them as a sponsor.... just my .02.
    You have very valid points which I did not mean to dispute.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Kewl Metal. Everyone has to stand on their own performance. Nor am I trying to say competition isn't a good thing (as long as they don't compete with my products ).

I know Matt and Joe. I don't pretend to speak for them but they put a lot of effort into their products. I do wish they would raise their customer service performance because these are serious complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSue View Post
    You know, Ron, you are one of the best out there when it comes to customer service, shipping products quickly etc. I understand not wanting to step on each other's toes, but at some point we vote with our dollars. Kewl Metal needs to figure this out, or they won't be around for much longer. Too bad, but it's not that difficult to return an email.

Thanks Ron, for how you conduct your business. I installed my anti-sway bar a couple of days ago - and it rocks! So do you.
    Thank you very much for the kind words. I try to do things the way I would like them to be done when I buy something. But I have my issues and sometime fail to deliver too. I hate to see Matt and Joe shoot themselves in the foot. Even great products will not survive poor customer service.

Spyder Garage

For me, failure to communicate with a customer about merchandise, not willing to pick up a phone, or answer an e-mail are just not excusable.

If they don't make an effort to keep the customer informed--they have a problem.

As others have said--I also do not have a problem with a delay--as long as I know why and possibly when I can expect to receive my merchandise.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-29-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I ordered the Baja Ron sway bar and the Kewmetal intake at the same time. The sway bar showed up within the week the Kewmetal intake a week later. I did not have a problem waiting a week. I guess their shipping process is not uniform.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post

JT
    Rubber seal, surrounding a cotton core in a wire net.
    Catching a Yellow Jacket in your helmet at 65 mph can double your vocabulary

Spyder Garage

Red face Very satisfied with Kewl Metal

My experience with Kewl Metal is exactly the opposite. I ordered the air filter system and am extremely pleased with the product and support. I did have to call for help with the installation, and had to leave a message for Matt. He called me back twice and we got it worked out. My ride is a 2013 RTS SE5, and the fitting an hose for the crankcase ventilation did not fit. I expect that they are redoing their Kits to include a different fitting and hose to accommodate the 2013's as well as earlier models. Just my 2 cents worth.

Spyder Garage

with all the shows that are going on now, americade, laconia, etc, etc, there is sometimes a time lag with small companies who try to do everything. not making any excuse for them, just saying it's a sign of the times! small companies carrying limited inventories are the norm now.

Spyder Garage

Default Starting to eat my words

I called Kewlmetal last week, because one of my helmet locks broke. A woman answered the phone and was very nice and helpful. She said they would ship replacement units, on friday or monday. Here it is, saturday, and Fedex has come and gone and no helmet locks. Tried E-mailing them through their web site and got no response. Tried calling, left message, no response. I am hoping to have them by the 13th because of a ride I am planning. I guess I will wait and see before I take them off my vendors list.

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    I run a forum myself

www.freaktab.com

If we have an advertiser that starts getting complaints like this, we drop them! It shows good will to the users that we are not just in it for the advertising dollars and our advertisers/sponsors can be trusted.

Just how I operate my site.

Bob
    I hopped over to your link too....Out of my league...I am still trying to figure out windows 8....That is like a "Big Bang Theory" site!..