Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Gremlin Bells---not that I am superstitious.....but

So......

Can someone tell me the way Gremlin Bells are to be used? Do you have one on your Spyder?

I have been told that Gremlin Bells have to be given to you from a friend, prayed over and given as a gift.

Do you agree? What's the story about these?

I know some HD riders use them, I have seen a couple of Spyders at Spyderfest having them.

I am NOT superstitious but then again, anything that can help I am all for it. Wanted to take my Spyder to a Bike Blessing service this Spring but didn't get it done.

Just curious! Thank you!!!!!

2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see..!!

There are many stories...so what I have last heard is that it has to be given to you and installed by that person. I think you can prep if they can't do the work, but they have to place it. It should be at the lowest point possible fir the gremlins come up off the ground... Now watch for other versions of the story..!!
    I will to...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I put one on the wife's RT. Here is some info on the bell.

http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/silverd...arleyBell.html
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

I commented in a thread on Gremlin Bells and another SpyderLover shipped me one,
    see video------>

I had the Bell attached to a bracket that is being removed

at the dealership for some new floorboards I am getting,

When I looked today the Guardian Bell wasn't there

I heard you needed to receive it as a gift but not that the giver

had to install

I think it would be great if CatSpecialties had a bell made/designed

for Spyders, or someone else here. I would get one

And Yes you are superstitious if you believe in the story. jmo

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

An idea...
    What if we organized a "Bell Exchange"?
    Folks that want to give or get Bells should post in here...

they can get together, and give a tangible gift of
    Spyder-Fellowship...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

To answer your question--yes I have one on the RT. In fact I have one on all my bikes. They have been given by friends and I also give them to riding buddies. For me it's just more of a sign of friendship between friends. Here's a pic of mine on the Sypder:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

They are as functional as nipples on a bull. But they are decorative and fun to give and receive. The bells idiot, get your mind out of the gutter!

Spyder Garage

Default Gremlin Bells

We were given a bell from friends when we first got our spyder. Here is a little story about them. Enjoy!
    You see, there are motorcycle gremlins that LOVE to ride, but they are also mischievous little devils and they cause all sorts of problems for you while you are riding.Some say they are responsible for that old lady in the minivan not seeing you and cutting you off in traffic.Or, you may be having trouble shifting smoothly, your battery goes dead, your turn signal suddenly refuses to work, an oil spill appears out of nowhere, you hit a patch of black ice, etc – you get the idea.Those little gremlins look for trouble and try to steer your bike towards it.Now, once you get a bell on your scoot – it wards off these attacks from the little gremlins, not allowing any more to get onto your bike.If you already have some gremlins riding with you, they will get trapped in the hollow of the bell, and the constant ringing will drive them insane – causing them to lose their grip and fall to the roadway.Do you have the protection of a gremlin bell?If you buy a gremlin bell of your own, the power works.If you receive the gremlin bell as a gift – the powerful magic of the bell is doubled. Do you have a friend who does not have a gremlin bell yet? Why not be the person to give them one, they'll thank you! The bell, and a good preventive maintenance program by the bike's owner, will help eliminate the gremlins.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sooo... who wants, or needs one?

Spyder Garage

Should you be traveling on I-75 in Kentucky, Longrider Leather at exit 41, (a motorcyclist clothing, helmets, boots, etc. store), has bells sitting on the counter next to the cash register. There are no prices on them, but when you ask how much they are, they just give it to you as a goodwill gesture. I have seen bells in other stores that sell for up to $19.95. They are in the Dog Patch Trading Center and we stop there every time we travel that way. There is also a good southern family style restaurant in this shopping area just in front of Longrider Leather. Yes, I have a bell on my Spyder RT Ltd., given to me by a friend. Safe travels to all.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

http://www.gremlinbells.com/

These folks sell them... but it's a good source of information!
    And I'll make the offer to buy a bell for anybody who wants one! PM me...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Bells

I would love one for my new RT Ltd. and a friend to go with it. I too will give to someone in need ""

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    http://www.gremlinbells.com/

These folks sell them... but it's a good source of information!
    And I'll make the offer to buy a bell for anybody who wants one! PM me...
    I understand, Bob, that the Girls on Spyders (guess how I know ) have a Bell Exchange Program going on...
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd say that "Great minds think alike"... but we all know that my mind just ain't that great!

Spyder Garage

The Gremlin bell should be given freely to you by a friend or other person concerned about you or your safety, that person is not required to install the bell, you may do so or allow them to install it.

The Legend of the Guardian® Bell

Many years ago, on a cold December night, a crusty old biker was returning from a trip to Mexico with his saddlebags filled with toys and other assorted trinkets for the kids at a group home near where he worked.As he rode along that night thinking how lucky he had been in life, having a loving riding partner that understood his need to roam the highways and to his trusty old pan that hadn’t let him down once in the many years they had shared the road together.Well about 40 miles north of the border, in the high desert, lurked a small group of notorious little critters known as road gremlins. You know, the ones who always leave little obstacles like, one shoe, boards, and pieces of old tires on the road, and also dig those dreaded potholes for bikers to run over and crash, thus giving the road gremlins a chance to rejoice over their acts of evil.Well, as the lone wolf of a biker rounded a curve that moonlit night, the gremlins ambushed him, causing him to crash to the asphalt and skid before coming to a stop next to one of his saddlebags that had broken free. As he lay there, unable to move, the road gremlins made their way towards him. Well, this biker, not being one to give up, started throwing things at the gremlins as they approached him. Finally, with nothing else to throw but a bell, he started ringing it in hopes to scare off the dirty little gremlins.About a half a mile away, camped in the desert, were two bikers sitting around the campfire talking about their day’s ride, and the freedom of the wind blowing in their faces as they rode across this vast country. In the stillness of the night air they heard what sounded to them like church bells ringing, and upon investigating, found the old biker lying along the roadside with the gremlins about to get him. Needless to say, being part of the biker brotherhood, they preceded to ward off the gremlins until the last ran off into the night.Being grateful to the two bikers, the old road dog offered to pay them for their help, but as all true bikers do, they refused to accept any type of payment from him. Not being one to let a good deed go unnoticed, the old biker cut two pieces of leather from his saddlebags tassels and tied a bell to each one. He then placed them on each of the biker’s motorcycles, as near to the ground as possible. The tired, old road warrior then told the two travelers that with those bells placed on their bikes, they would be protected from the road gremlins and that if ever in trouble, just ring the bell and a fellow biker will come to their aid.So, whenever you see a biker with a bell, you know that he has been blessed with the most important thing in life—friendship from a fellow biker.
    The Purpose of the Guardian® Bell

Many of us have heard the story about Evil Road Spirits. They are little gremlins that live on your bike. They love to ride, and they’re also responsible for most of your bike’s problems. Sometimes your turn signals refuse to work; your battery goes dead, the clutch needs adjustment, or any of several hundred things that can go wrong. These problems are caused by Evil Road Spirits.Evil Road Spirits can’t live in the presence of the bell, because they get trapped in the hollow of the bell. Among other things, their hearing is supersensitive, so the constant ringing of the bell and the confined space drives them insane. They lose their grip and eventually fall to the roadway. Have you ever wondered how potholes are formed? The bell has served its purpose.If you pick up a Guardian® Bell of your own, the magic will work, but if your bell is given to you, the power is doubled, and you know that somewhere you have a special friend helping to look after you.So, if you have a friend who doesn’t have a bell, why not give them one? It’s a nice feeling for the recipient to know you care. The bell, plus a good preventive maintenance program by the bikes owner, will help eliminate Evil Road Spirits.

Ride Safe

Cruzr Joe
    Last edited by Cruzr Joe; 06-28-2013 at 08:01 AM.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Joe!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pondboss View Post
    I would love one for my new RT Ltd. and a friend to go with it. I too will give to someone in need ""

Pondboss

PM me with an address and i would be honored to send you a Gremlin Bell. Hopefully some day you will feel the urge to donate one to another rider.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I have a bell on my Spyder that was given to me by one of my sons and i cherish it.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'd say that "Great minds think alike"... but we all know that my mind just ain't that great!
    See Bob... Joe is already making exchanges to grow the brotherhood... You have started something!
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    I have a bell on my Spyder that was given to me by one of my sons and i cherish it.

Cruzr Joe
    A ryding co-worker introduced me with the tradition. When I traded, my wife gave me one (since I gave her one when she got hers) so now I rYde with 2 zipped tied on my brake pedal. I've had both blessed!

Previously owned:

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Girls on Spyders have been doing Gremlin Bell Exchange for sometime now...maybe 2 to 3 years....Ticket Bait...send me your addy and Ill send a Bell

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Girls on Spyders have been doing Gremlin Bell Exchange for sometime now...maybe 2 to 3 years....Ticket Bait...send me your addy and Ill send a Bell
    I think it's one of the first things that started GOS... I remember Leira shipping a few out when it first started!

Previously owned:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Elembytes View Post
    So......

Can someone tell me the way Gremlin Bells are to be used? Do you have one on your Spyder?

I have been told that Gremlin Bells have to be given to you from a friend, prayed over and given as a gift.

Do you agree? What's the story about these?

I know some HD riders use them, I have seen a couple of Spyders at Spyderfest having them.

I am NOT superstitious but then again, anything that can help I am all for it. Wanted to take my Spyder to a Bike Blessing service this Spring but didn't get it done.

Just curious! Thank you!!!!!

If you're not superstitious then a gremlin bell will have no use to you (other than perhaps a nice conversation piece).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    If you're not superstitious then a gremlin bell will have no use to you (other than perhaps a nice conversation piece).
    ... and makes you feel that someone cares about you!

Previously owned:

Spyder Garage

In this world or at least in this country you have a right to believe in what ever makes you feel better. Don't let the naysayers bring you down. Smile, God loves you.

Cruzr Joe