Spyder Garage

Default handicapped decals

FYI: If you are disabled, you can get a sticker to put on your motorcycle license plate. I learned this the other day. My girlfriend and I were stopping at a shopping mall and there was tons of open handicapped spots and limited parking otherwise. I have a placard that I can hang in my truck but obviously that thing wouldn't last long if I hung it on my handlebars of my spyder.

So I did some searching and realized that they make a decal similar to the registration one that you can put on your plates. I called the nice lady at the dot and she said they would mail them right out to me
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

The HC sticker for a license plate varies from state to state. AK used to have a sticker to affix to the MC plate--but does not do it any more. AK also does not have a HC plate for the MC. I have to use the hang tag like they give out for the car mirror.

Happy to say that I have never had one stolen off my bike while parked. I have it in a plastic zip lock bag, and fold the bag over the windshield. The bag is affixed to the windshield with two clothes pins (remember those?) The bag helps prevent the pins from scratching the windshield.

When I had a sticker on my license plate, I once had to point out to the officer who was going to write me a parking ticket for violation of HC zone, that I had a legal sticker affixed. Ooops! he said.

I also found a nasty note on my bike once about parking in the HC zone. They placed the note on my seat. The hang tag was completely visable and they could not possibly have missed it.

Oh, the joys, of parking sometimes.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    The HC sticker for a license plate varies from state to state. AK used to have a sticker to affix to the MC plate--but does not do it any more. AK also does not have a HC plate for the MC. I have to use the hang tag like they give out for the car mirror.

Happy to say that I have never had one stolen off my bike while parked. I have it in a plastic zip lock bag, and fold the bag over the windshield. The bag is affixed to the windshield with two clothes pins (remember those?) The bag helps prevent the pins from scratching the windshield.

When I had a sticker on my license plate, I once had to point out to the officer who was going to write me a parking ticket for violation of HC zone, that I had a legal sticker affixed. Ooops! he said.

I also found a nasty note on my bike once about parking in the HC zone. They placed the note on my seat. The hang tag was completely visable and they could not possibly have missed it.

Oh, the joys, of parking sometimes.
    That's why I posted in the Iowa forum... HAHAHA.

Because I'm younger and drive a 3/4 ton 4 door diesel truck, I get all sorts of people that holler at me when I'm getting out of my truck. I get "HEY!!, you know that's handicapped parking don't you?" I usually smile and respond. "I hope so!" The best one was a verbal argument I got into with a rest area cleaning attendant. I was pulling a trailer and so my trailer was in the regular spots and my truck was occupying the handicapped spot. He says "you're blocking a handicapped spot" I said "I have a valid reason for handicapped parking and I have the proper placard displayed in my vehicle". He then fires back with "well..... they're not for people pulling trailers". I said "I'm only taking up one handicapped spot with my truck and the rest are regular parking". we parted ways with him shouting "you can't do that" and me laughing
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=ARCTIC;647555]That's why I posted in the Iowa forum... HAHAHA.

You sure did. Of course, I did not catch that. I have a hard enough time trying to make sure that I don't post on 2 plus year old threads that keep coming back.

Just a different take from a different part of the country. We still seem to run into interesting people over the parking issue though.

Don't remember who said it--but--"Ya can't fix stupid".

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red