Spyder Garage

Default 2 Weeks from first sighting to deposit

Hi All

Forgive me for being new. I first saw a Spyder on the highway about 2 weeks ago. Had the Wife-L-Unit speed up, slow down, change lanes...What is that! Only clue was the license plate cover identifying a local dealer. Got back to work and Googled that dealer and ..... it was a Can Am Spyder. Now, I normally pride myself on being up to speed on all the cool gadgets, but this one somehow missed my radar and I'm so ashamed. :'(

Since then, I've read everything I could about the Spyder. I've watched every YouTube video, read every forum at least 20 pages in, know the ups downs and what to expect . Anyway, my local dealer here in San Antonio finally got his demo units in from Canada so I went down today and took a test ride. It was exactly what I expected so I put down my deposit today. They say I should have my yellow Spyder by no later than August 31st.

A little about myself. I've mostly rode dirt bikes starting with mini-bikes when I was eight, Honda Mini Trail 50, Yamaha YZ-125, Suzuki RM-125. I also did some street riding with a Honda CB100 in High School (great mileage), a Suzuki DR250 (no power) followed by a Suzuki DR650. I've also ridden lots of quads and three wheelers belonging to friends. Essentially, I have rather strongly ingrained penchant for the dirt, hence the attraction to a "quad on steroids". My forays into the street world all had a "dirt" aesthetic attached. While I admire and appreciate crusiers, sport touring and luxury bikes, I've never bought one.

The other day, the mere sight of a Spyder spoke to me and I've been bitten. I wasn't in the market for a bike or even another vehicle. This is truly something special and my test ride today confirmed it.

I'm looking forward to many rides in the Texas Hill Country with the Wife-L-Unit on board. Thanks to the many great postings on this and other boards, I already have an idea of some after market mods I must get. This will give me something to do while waiting on delivery. I'll be asking many questions over the next few weeks and your input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Tony Mac :bigthumbsup:
    San Antonio, TX - 2014 RT-S Yellow (of course). Added BRP driver backrest to stock seat. Need to solve Blutooth and iPhone 5S integration problems next.

Former owner of a yellow 2008 Spyder, Cal Sci windshield, Crampbusters, KewlMetal mirror extensions, NoMagicNeon 4" risers, Corbin Seats and dual backrests. Happy Spyder Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: 2 Weeks from first sighting to deposit

and

Spyder Garage

:hot: :a18: :2cool:
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

you're gonna be having lots of fun soon!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mac
    Hi All

Forgive me for being new. I first saw a Spyder on the highway about 2 weeks ago. Had the Wife-L-Unit speed up, slow down, change lanes...What is that! Only clue was the license plate cover identifying a local dealer. Got back to work and Googled that dealer and ..... it was a Can Am Spyder. Now, I normally pride myself on being up to speed on all the cool gadgets, but this one somehow missed my radar and I'm so ashamed. :'(

Since then, I've read everything I could about the Spyder. I've watched every YouTube video, read every forum at least 20 pages in, know the ups downs and what to expect . Anyway, my local dealer here in San Antonio finally got his demo units in from Canada so I went down today and took a test ride. It was exactly what I expected so I put down my deposit today. They say I should have my yellow Spyder by no later than August 31st.

A little about myself. I've mostly rode dirt bikes starting with mini-bikes when I was eight, Honda Mini Trail 50, Yamaha YZ-125, Suzuki RM-125. I also did some street riding with a Honda CB100 in High School (great mileage), a Suzuki DR250 (no power) followed by a Suzuki DR650. I've also ridden lots of quads and three wheelers belonging to friends. Essentially, I have rather strongly ingrained penchant for the dirt, hence the attraction to a "quad on steroids". My forays into the street world all had a "dirt" aesthetic attached. While I admire and appreciate crusiers, sport touring and luxury bikes, I've never bought one.

The other day, the mere sight of a Spyder spoke to me and I've been bitten. I wasn't in the market for a bike or even another vehicle. This is truly something special and my test ride today confirmed it.

I'm looking forward to many rides in the Texas Hill Country with the Wife-L-Unit on board. Thanks to the many great postings on this and other boards, I already have an idea of some after market mods I must get. This will give me something to do while waiting on delivery. I'll be asking many questions over the next few weeks and your input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Tony Mac :bigthumbsup:

:bigthumbsup: SPYMAN :bigthumbsup:
    PE #2735
    RUBBER SIDE DOWN SHINY SIDE UP!!!!!!!!!!
    Never ride faster than your Angel can fly...