Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    I just checked and I can turn off the key and then hold mode. So it works both ways. Seems better to turn off the key then while it is on the black screen that says Can-Am Sypder, press and hold mode until the radio comes on. Thanks!

But trying to turn it off holding mode does not work for me. I held it for at least 30 seconds.

I will say this though. Mine is a 2011 and has not been in the dealer since Jan 2012. I am taking it in for it's 600 mile service. My bet is I do not have the latest software on it? I hear on posts here there have been a couple updates?

Bob

This is in the owners manual. Works fine on my 2012 RT Limited and I get no 'limp' messages.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Hi folks.... this is my first little tip.

Some of you may know that when turning off your Spyder, if you hold the mode button, you can keep the radio playing even with the key out!

But after you do this, how do you turn the radio off? Until I found this trick I was turning my spyder back on, waiting for it to boot back up, and turning it off again.....

Well... I found this by accident adding farkle and thought I would share this with you all.

Enjoy,
    Bob

I was doing the same as you, turning my back on, waiting for it to boot back up, and turning it off again. Thanks for the accidental find.

Spyder Garage

Thanks great tip, didn't even know you could listen to the radio with it off. My old Goldwing had an auxiliary option on the key, but thought that was missing on the spyder.

whats that funny looking silver thing coming from you left handle bar

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Thanx. Didn't even know I could leave music on. Learn something everyday on spyderlovers.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the tip, the video took me back to when I watched your how-to vids on helicopter setups

Spyder Garage

Holding the Mode button turns off the radio on my 2012 RT-L.

Jim

I just checked and I can turn off the key and then hold mode. So it works both ways. Seems better to turn off the key then while it is on the black screen that says Can-Am Sypder, press and hold mode until the radio comes on. Thanks!

But trying to turn it off holding mode does not work for me. I held it for at least 30 seconds.

I will say this though. Mine is a 2011 and has not been in the dealer since Jan 2012. I am taking it in for it's 600 mile service. My bet is I do not have the latest software on it? I hear on posts here there have been a couple updates?

Bob

Spyder Garage

It doesn't work on my 2018 RTL. I've tried it a few different ways. Turning key off and then holding mode button for 4, 5, 10 seconds. No go with the radio. I've tried holding mode button while turning off the spyder, no go. I've tried just about everything and it would be nice to be listening to the radio while working on it or out in the carport, but oh well. I'm sure as it is a 2018 model.