Spyder Garage

Default new spyders in TX

Went by my dealer that I ordered from and they had a new yellow and silver coming of the truck as I drove in. They are expecting a truck in tomorrow with more. I ordered the SE5. Looking at those to day just made the cool calm nerves I had last week go away instantly!!!! I will be back over at the dealership to whatch the rest come in off the truck. The only way I cn discribe is having the winning lotto ticket with the office closed when you go to claim it. I probably won't sleep tonight thinking about it. I went On the first demo track ride set up and the colos seemed kinda dull. This new batch coming off the trucks look they have neve touched ground. glossy, snd clean. Anyone in san antonio, tx should try and make it by to look at them!!!!!

Vwatsov

Spyder Garage

Default Re: new spyders in TX

Quote Originally Posted by vwatso
    Went by my dealer that I ordered from and they had a new yellow and silver coming of the truck as I drove in. They are expecting a truck in tomorrow with more. I ordered the SE5. Looking at those to day just made the cool calm nerves I had last week go away instantly!!!! I will be back over at the dealership to whatch the rest come in off the truck. The only way I cn discribe is having the winning lotto ticket with the office closed when you go to claim it. I probably won't sleep tonight thinking about it. I went On the first demo track ride set up and the colos seemed kinda dull. This new batch coming off the trucks look they have neve touched ground. glossy, snd clean. Anyone in san antonio, tx should try and make it by to look at them!!!!!

Vwatsov
    Oh, yeah! I've been waiting for two weeks for them to get there. Apparently, Joe Harrison can't track a shipment. They say they've got 10 bikes for customers coming in along with a single demo for the dealership. Also the ones that came in yesterday are the demo bikes from BRP. I'm going over there this morning for a test ride. If it lives up to what I think it will, I'll be putting my deposit down today.

Tony Mac
    San Antonio, TX - 2014 RT-S Yellow (of course). Added BRP driver backrest to stock seat. Need to solve Blutooth and iPhone 5S integration problems next.

Former owner of a yellow 2008 Spyder, Cal Sci windshield, Crampbusters, KewlMetal mirror extensions, NoMagicNeon 4" risers, Corbin Seats and dual backrests. Happy Spyder Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

try the dealer in lytle texas very honest people with better prices.
    rockstar

Spyder Garage

:bigthumbsup: Nice to hear that the Texas dealers are starting to get their Spyders.

And if you haven't already been welcomed.......

Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar
    try the dealer in lytle texas very honest people with better prices.
    rockstar
    I wish I would have seen your post earlier. I did go over and took a test ride and it did perform exactly as I expected it would so I went ahead and put my deposit down. From what I understand, the primary difference in price they can offer is the dealer prep and shipping. Joe is going to hit me for $900 :-[ which seems fairly representative of what others have been paying. Also got the sales guy to promise me a helmet :

At any rate, I got my Spyder ordered and that's the important thing ;D

San Antonio, TX - 2014 RT-S Yellow (of course). Added BRP driver backrest to stock seat. Need to solve Blutooth and iPhone 5S integration problems next.

Former owner of a yellow 2008 Spyder, Cal Sci windshield, Crampbusters, KewlMetal mirror extensions, NoMagicNeon 4" risers, Corbin Seats and dual backrests. Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

CONGRATS ON YOUR ORDER!!! 800.00 is very high by about 400 to 500 more than Lytle. By the way Lytle has their demo and all their units they are deliveirng to their customers. They have one to test drive for anyone else that is interested. Also they are having an open house on the 21st and will have more then as well!!! HOPE YOU LOVE IT AS MUCH AS I DO!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SM5lover
    CONGRATS ON YOUR ORDER!!! 800.00 is very high by about 400 to 500 more than Lytle. By the way Lytle has their demo and all their units they are deliveirng to their customers. They have one to test drive for anyone else that is interested. Also they are having an open house on the 21st and will have more then as well!!! HOPE YOU LOVE IT AS MUCH AS I DO!!!
    I just re-read the BRP certificate that Joe Harrison gave me today and if I read it right, I think I'm stuck with closing a deal at his dealership. I'd love to save $400 or $500 and go to STS in Lytle, but I don't think I can

Does anyone know if it is even possible to cancel or haggle about dealer prep and freight after the order is signed? Do the sales guys have the ability to really give me some free stuff (helmet, jacket, etc..)? :

Any help is appreciated....That $500 would have bought some nice accessories

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mac
    Does anyone know if it is even possible to cancel or haggle about dealer prep and freight after the order is signed? Do the sales guys have the ability to really give me some free stuff (helmet, jacket, etc..)? :

Any help is appreciated....That $500 would have bought some nice accessories
    Anything is possible. That kind of stuff depends on the dealer. I have read many instances of people getting their money back because the dealer knows he can sell that Spyder to someone else. Also, there have been people who have gotten some price breaks when providing proof of a competitor selling for less. Once again, that is dealer dependant.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

You can go ask the dealer. I know that my dealer told me it was refunable if I changed my mind. It is against the law in Tx to hold a deposit so really you could push it a little. As far as getting you a helmet or something my store did 10% off accessories ordered with the spyder and they gave me a helmet for free.... Also they are a lot cheaper on their shop rate so at least save yourself there and go to STS for your services...