Spyder Garage

Default Water pump housing oil leak....

I have read several posts in the forum on this subject and find that the remedy can vary from a new motor to simply better sealingSDC10119 - Copy.jpg a certain bolt. Has anyone come up with a reliable solution to this seemingly increasing problem. My 2011 RT started to leak on a just completed 4,750 mile grand tour. It was discovered when I stopped in at a Cheyenne Wy dealer on another matter. It sees my dealer next week. Thanks for your observations.

Spyder Garage

There is a service bulletin for this issue, that specifies the repairs needed. It hasn't been a reliable fix, however. The Aprilias with this engine have similar problems. If it isn't leaking badly, I would not sweat it, but that's just me. Too many years of riding leaky old Triumphs and Harleys.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I had mine a 2012 RSS taken to the shop for the same repairs and it seems to be a rather large job after ordering parts and repairs it could be there for a couple weeks also while mine was done they changed the thermostat housing hose as well and so far no leaks by the way mine leaked watter and oil, i think it was a couple seals that failed not the allen screw.