Spyder Garage

Default Patriotic paint job or overlay - Veterans Tribute

Does anyone have an opinion of paint vs. overlay for a patriotic display on the Spyder? How much would each cost? How durable and reliable are each? I would like to see pictures of Spyders with a patriotic display to get some ideas for mine.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I saw this on EBay yesterday. Might give you a start at thinking about what you might want.http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMR-RACING-G...31ccd3&vxp=mtr

Spyder Garage

Default Always good to start..!!

by checking with the sponsors of this site. They carry most of the products and farkles out there for spyders. If you go to Powersportwaps.com you will see what your looking for or they can make what you want. Paint vs wraps as far as i can see is you can remove wraps. Otherwise they are pretty much the same. I only have pinstriping so don't go by me jmo...good luck..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Check with Pete at www.powersportswraps.com. He can fix you up!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Tough to say what it would cost, it all depends on the complexity of the design and the detail. I can add here in my neck of the woods paint versus vinyl is not even close in price.................paint is way more expensive. I put graphics on mine installed for around $ 800.00 but to paint to the same level of detail would have to be 5 to 6 grand, easy? Sorry as far as which is tougher...............AMR Graphics warrantee's their kits against fade for 5 years I think it is?
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

Default I chose paint....

We looked at the idea of vinyl wrap graphics, (like we use on our company trucks), but just could not get past the idea of vinyl on our Spyder. Is custom paint worth the price difference over vinyl? That I wasn't too sure about.....After a few months of trying to decide, I finally gave in and bit the bullet to have a holographic metallic clear coat applied first, followed by custom painted patriotic emblems, with a Christian theme. Finished off with eight layers of clear coat.

Am I glad now that I spent the difference? Absolutely! Would I do it again? Absolutely!
    AND....We do drive the bike across the highways, the country roads and all around town. We have not experienced any damage from rocks or road debris....yet, lol.

On a side note, Some very good church friends/SpyderLover friends saw our bike, then contacted the same painter, and had the frunk of each of their bikes painted with their choice of a Christian theme. Both are very beautifully done.

Just MHO, I prefer paint.
    Our life verse:
    Jeremiah 29:11
    2010 RT , Custom air brushed

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulBen View Post
    Just MHO, I prefer paint.
    For sure me to, paint and clear coat is beautiful. Plastic panels though with the beautiful paint and clear coat seems sort of odd to me but still far prefer the paint approach. By chance did you figure out what the premium was to go paint............
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

If and when you sell the spyder, it's easier and cheaper to remove the graphic wrap. Not everyone looking to purchased used will have your taste.

Spyder Garage

I used a sign shop in my area - heavy duty marine vinyl with a 5 yr warranty. Easy to remove if I change my mind or sell the bike.

DSCN0016.jpg
    Bill
    Pride Runs Deep Semper Tacitus

An armed man is a Citizen; an unarmed man is a subject....

2017 F3 T SE6
    2015 Vulcan Vaquero ABS
    ALR Chapter 401 (Hilliard FL)
    GA & FL Patriot Guard

Spyder Garage

Default I got my wrap from Canada. I liked it.

I'm not sure who I purchased the wrap from that I had on my Spyder but I purchased it from a company located in Canada. What I like about the wrap is it is not permanent. I also have better pics but they would not upload because they are too large. I can send them to you via email of you are interested. I can get you an email address if you are interested in contacting the company. spyder 4sale 003.jpgspyder 4sale 013.jpg

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Thank You -I want to keep the work local if possible. It is easier to follow-up on warranty work and have better control of what I want. Your Spyder looks great.
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLMACHINE View Post
    I'm not sure who I purchased the wrap from that I had on my Spyder but I purchased it from a company located in Canada. What I like about the wrap is it is not permanent. I also have better pics but they would not upload because they are too large. I can send them to you via email of you are interested. I can get you an email address if you are interested in contacting the company. spyder 4sale 003.jpgspyder 4sale 013.jpg

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

look at my album picture i have more pics i can e mail you i had this done this week

Spyder Garage

Looking forward to more pics. Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead1978 View Post
    look at my album picture i have more pics i can e mail you i had this done this week

Spyder Garage
    2020 Petrol Metallic RT-Limited Dark Edition

2014 Silver Platinum Satin RT-Limited SE6 Project Road Warrior Edition (previous ride)

2009 Red SM5 (Previous Ride)

Retired MSgt ('89-'13) U.S. Air Force - A-10 Crew Chief

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you have a red, white, or blue bike it would look impressive. I have a silver bike and the graphics won't cover every inch of the bike. I'd like to see if Pete's will. BTW, looking for the wrap on AMR website can be confusing, but its there. I have a couple pictures of a bike with AMR but too big in size for this website.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Does anyone have an opinion of paint vs. overlay for a patriotic display on the Spyder? How much would each cost? How durable and reliable are each? I would like to see pictures of Spyders with a patriotic display to get some ideas for mine.
    The opinions of this topic are worth what you get out of them. You need to list each and every one of them, and weigh in the pro's and cons. You also need to factor in a few details like budget, if you are keeping the for a long run (the more details you add into your paint scheme, the longer it will take to sell, with wraps you just peel and sell). Also, as Ben has weighed his decision, you need to find a painter that will be more than a painter but an artist... in fact, here is Ben's artist other work: http://www.ospaint.com/

IMHO, I prefer wrap. But this is just me because I change ideas quite a bit. With wrap, I can peel off and start something new and not paying as much as painting over and over. Plus, wraps like powersportswraps.com are a very durable wrap that will in turn protect the 's original paint.

Good luck with your choice!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5