Thread: TALON Question.

Spyder Garage

Default TALON Question.

I'm about to order a Talon for my . I'm the farthest thing from being savvy. I was wondering if this thing is easy to self install and if anyone knows about a harness that will work with it. ANY help would be great. I want to make sure before I purchase. If it's going to be too much, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy it at a dealership and pay the ridiculous price with install.

2008 Can-Am SpYder
    2006 350z

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: TALON Question.

Quote Originally Posted by Napalmseth
    I'm about to order a Talon for my . I'm the farthest thing from being savvy. I was wondering if this thing is easy to self install and if anyone knows about a harness that will work with it. ANY help would be great. I want to make sure before I purchase. If it's going to be too much, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy it at a dealership and pay the ridiculous price with install.
    I believe the Talon from Evoluzione is a plug and play unit, no wires to splice etc.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJohn
    I believe the Talon from Evoluzione is a plug and play unit, no wires to splice etc.
    also Talons website has a plug and play harness for them as well

I will be installing one as soon as my spyder arrives

Spyder Garage

They don't have the harness listed on the site. For the Spyder at least. They have every other bike made listed, but not the Spyder.... yet.

2008 Can-Am SpYder
    2006 350z

Spyder Garage

I would call Ken at Evoluzion and ask him your question. Get some feedback from him as to how hard his system is to install. I do recall posts detailing some difficulties but I'm not sure what system they were installing or where they bought it. Check out this thread... http://www.spyderlovers.com/smf/index.php?topic=839.0

or this one... http://www.spyderlovers.com/smf/index.php?topic=231.0

Also, maybe Spyder-Dude can chime in on this as he has a different system on his Spyder
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Removed in protest of censorship. All of my tips will only be availabe elsewhere online.

Spyder Garage

I just e mailed Ken at Evo. He doesn't carry the alarm anymore due to back order problems. BUT, on the support page on the Talon site it says they carry the harness for the Spyder. Only problem is, when you go to the order page, its not on the drop down menu where you select the harness.

Thank you for your replies. I'm going to try to get in touch with Talon about the harness and see where that leads.

I want to get this thing on ASAP. Too much random attention while it's sitting in my parking lot at work.

2008 Can-Am SpYder
    2006 350z

Spyder Garage

Just got off the phone with Talon. They have the harness, but it's not on their list. They told me to just select any harness and in the comments section at check out tell them I need the harness for the . They also said the battery back up is out of stock, but they will ship you the unit without the back up and as soon as it comes in they will ship the back up unit to add on. Figured I would post just in case anyone else is looking for the unit.

2008 Can-Am SpYder
    2006 350z