Spyder Garage

Default Tire Air Pressure

Going on Heart of WA. ride tomorrow and checked tire pressure. Found front tires at 28lbs. Manual says 15 =/- 2 and no more than 3 lbs. diff between tires. Looked at tires and they say 15 to 30 lbs. I put tires at 17. This should not be a problem. Wondering why dealer put pressure at 28 when they did 600 mile check up. Maybe just an oversight? BTW back was 28 where it should be as I understand.

Spyder Garage

A lot of us are using 15 to 18 in the fronts and 28 in the rear tires. Sounds like dealer has wrong information or someone just screwed up a little.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Probably only read part of the manual or sticker on the byke instead of reading all of it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I would try to keep the fronts closer than 3 lbs of each other, I was about 3 lbs out on the wifes RT-S and when we got them the same she noticed a difference...

Spyder Garage

I noticed that when the front tire pressure was not even the Spyder would pull to one side. Being the type I am I made a dual fill device to fill both tires at the same time to get them perfectly even. I run my RT front tires at 18 PSIG.

Here is the one I made for Cruzr Joe. This one you can use shop air and a tire gauge.

Dual Fill I 01.jpg

This is the one I made for myself and I use a bicycle pump on it because shop air would damage the gauge.
    Dual Fill 05.jpg

JT

Spyder Garage

JT,

The only thing I can say is: WOW

You definitely are a very careful person. Nice job.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post

I noticed that when the front tire pressure was not even the Spyder would pull to one side. Being the type I am I made a dual fill device to fill both tires at the same time to get them perfectly even. I run my RT front tires at 18 PSIG.

Here is the one I made for Cruzr Joe. This one you can use shop air and a tire gauge.

Dual Fill I 01.jpg

This is the one I made for myself and I use a bicycle pump on it because shop air would damage the gauge.
    Dual Fill 05.jpg

JT
    Nice idea! I think I will make one up like that also. It can be used for cars also. My wife has a hard time with the tire gauge and getting both sides the same pressure on her car. If she can get the hose connected it would make her life much easier when I'm not around to help.

Spyder Garage

Dual Fill I 01.jpg

Dual Fill 05.jpg

JT
    Now that is a neat idea

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

JT,
    Are you thinking about going into production of that setup?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Dual Fill I 01.jpg

Dual Fill 05.jpg

JT
    I have a question on this set up. How do you not loose pressure in one tire while disconnecting the first one? Just wonder if you have shutoff in the middle. Need more input please.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Great Idea!

Dual Fill I 01.jpg

Dual Fill 05.jpg

JT
    I would definitely like to make one of those. Are you familiar with instructables.com? Would you consider putting together a parts list and assembly instructions?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WARWAGON View Post
    I have a question on this set up. How do you not loose pressure in one tire while disconnecting the first one? Just wonder if you have shutoff in the middle. Need more input please.
    The quick connects have a built in check valve just like if you had them on a shop air hose. I found this type easier to use than the clip on types which I tried first. I even tried 90's and 45's but didn't like the fact that the clip on air chuck would hang up on the threads sometimes and you would loose some pressure and would have to repeat the process.

Dual Fill 02.jpg

JT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    JT,
    Are you thinking about going into production of that setup?
    I could Bob if there was enough interest in them. I used off the shelf hoses for those but if I made them I'd use bulk hose and put the fittings on myself.

JT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AWEInCA View Post
    I would definitely like to make one of those. Are you familiar with instructables.com? Would you consider putting together a parts list and assembly instructions?
    Actually I have a thread somewhere on here with the source of the parts along with part numbers... I'll try and find it.

JT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I could Bob if there was enough interest in them. I used off the shelf hoses for those but if I made them I'd use bulk hose and put the fittings on myself.

JT
    Hmmmmmm.... We'll have to talk about this...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Hmmmmmm.... We'll have to talk about this...
    Ok.

I found the original thread.

JT

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Genius...

I have to go to HD soon anyway, a parts list would save me the shopping time.

thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dual Fill I 01.jpg

Dual Fill 05.jpg

JT
    I just got one of these from JT . . . best money I've spent on my Spyder, so far. Hooked it up, just a few minutes ago. One front tire had just over one psi more than the other, but my free CanAm gauge said they were the same. Now, they are, exactly. This is great and you only have to pump once, watching the pressure as you do. Thanks, JT!
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well with 9,000 mile on my 2012 RT SE5 I like 18 psi up front and 24 psi rear with one up and 28 psi with 2 up on the rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I just got one of these from JT . . . best money I've spent on my Spyder, so far. Hooked it up, just a few minutes ago. One front tire had just over one psi more than the other, but my free CanAm gauge said they were the same. Now, they are, exactly. This is great and you only have to pump once, watching the pressure as you do. Thanks, JT!
    Glad you liked it. BTW, the photos are of the prototype and I use a different hose now that coils smaller to take up less room.

Thanks
    JT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WARWAGON View Post
    The Quick Connect Air Chuck has a built in check valve.

JT

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I've always run 18 in the front and 28 in the rear. 6500 miles so far and what tire wear I can see (very little) it's even.

And JT did you ever post a list of the parts for your dual hose set up or are you selling them? Either or would be fine with me.

Ride and ride safe,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CurtG View Post
    I've always run 18 in the front and 28 in the rear. 6500 miles so far and what tire wear I can see (very little) it's even.

And JT did you ever post a list of the parts for your dual hose set up or are you selling them? Either or would be fine with me.

Ride and ride safe,
    Yes and the original post is here.

JT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CurtG View Post

Ride and ride safe,
    I bought one . . . got it today and it is perfect. Hooked up fast and my tires equalized almost immediately (within seconds!) Best money I've spent on my Spyder, so far!
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)