Spyder Garage

Default The joke I posted....

was just that to me... a joke. I did not (in the least) mean to offend anyone, or stir up any conflict. I did not "read" into it, just read it, thought that others may get a laugh from it and that would be that. If by any means you were offended, I am TRULY sorry! Please forgive my ignorance, I did NOT post it to offend anyone, or stir up controversy. I will make sure my "jokes" are of the very bland kind from this moment on. Everyone take care of yourselves, and please ride safe!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DLewis View Post
    was just that to me... a joke. I did not (in the least) mean to offend anyone, or stir up any conflict. I did not "read" into it, just read it, thought that others may get a laugh from it and that would be that. If by any means you were offended, I am TRULY sorry! Please forgive my ignorance, I did NOT post it to offend anyone, or stir up controversy. I will make sure my "jokes" are of the very bland kind from this moment on. Everyone take care of yourselves, and please ride safe!
    I must have missed it. Please post again so that I too can be offended... or not.

Oh, never mind. I found it and saw that good ole firefly started the atheist crap again.
    Last edited by ataDude; 06-21-2013 at 04:55 PM.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

NoNoNoNoNo You didn't do anything wrong at all
    Some folks just might not be able to appreciate a particular sense of humor; that's nobody's fault...
    Personally; I LIKED it!

But then; I als found humor in one told to me by an ATVing buddy from Utah...

"Somebody who can say that the most joyous day of their life, was the day they got married, or the day their child was born...
    ...has never seen an illegal alien get run-over in traffic as they try to make a break for the border!"

Now THAT one could certainly cause some hard feelings!
    Huh?
    What??
    Ohhhh crap!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Religion and politics... should have known it was going to stir-up the hornet's nest...

This is not the place to post such threads if you do not expect repercussions... someone surely will eventually turn it around to their own agenda.

Personally... I saw the humor in the joke without allowing personal opinions or beliefs to enter into the scenario...

Others however, not so much apparently.

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Spyder Garage

PM sent. Your okay.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Not to worry..!!

I would venture to say many of us have stepped on a few toes...alas some people have big feet..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I also think you have no reason to apologize. I thought it was a good joke, myself.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

The joke you posted is an old one that has probably been floating around in some form or other for as long as bears have been in the woods!!! I personally was not offended but I have been known to tell some doozies in my time! At times I (and probably some others) are not politically correct. As my dad says, I have the tact of a jackass!!! You keep telling your jokes (good or bad) and I will either laugh or groan at them.
    2014 RT Limited SE-6 in Black Currant. Mods so far: Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit, Diamond R Drivers Tour Mug, Tric Led Drink Holder, BRP Hitch, Mini Trailer USA Nomad Trailer. RonBar and links, Spyclops I & II, Lighted Bump Skid, LED head and fog lights. Foam hand grips. A arm lights, both upper and lower

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Keep posting them!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Agree. No need to apologize. Press on with the jokes and just ignore the comments.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Agree. No need to apologize. Press on with the jokes and just ignore the comments.
    It was a joke, a funny one at that. To bad it turned negative.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

Default very funny

Quote Originally Posted by DLewis View Post
    i thought it was very funny, please continue. if anyone was offended, G E T O V E R IT. i'm sure we all offend somebody once in a while, i know i do. T. S.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Default 2nd that!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Keep posting them!
    I just read through all 53 replies to the joke posted earlier. I heard that joke in 3 different countries and 3 different languages, over the last 40 years (39 years and 358 days to be exact ), so it is rather old. I was raised in the country where religions were prosecuted, in the Jewish family where till the age of 15, I was told that Being Jewish was my nationality and not the best one to have in that country, to say the least. So, needless to say I follow no religion, although after leaving that country and living in few others, I could have made choices, including taking Judaism closer to heart. My choice was to believe in God, but not label him nor follow a religion of any sort. I do not go to a synagogue or a church, but when in doubt, I do say "please God...." sometimes, something answers, but in most cases I am speaking to myself. The way I look at things is to each is own and I do think believing in something bigger than yourself, may not be bad thing, but we all have the right to choose. So, as Bob said: keep the jokes coming. We can all use a laugh once in a while.......

2012 RS SE - White. Sport rack with Backrest, ISCI Armrests, Two Brothers Exhaust

Spyder Garage

I thought it was funny. People get offended way to easy these days.

Current: 2018 F3 Limited
    Previous: 2011 RT with 622 Trailer

Mods:
    F4 Customs 25" Windshield
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    Spyderpops Top Case/Seat Extender
    TackForm Phone Mount
    Lamonster Ram Ball Handlebar Mount
    Show Chrome Passenger Armrests

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default dead dog

Mary was very upset the her long time friend Fido passed away.
    Her mom tried to console her by saying Fido was up in heaven with God.
    To which Mary replied, "what does God want with a dead dog."

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

It was just a joke. No need to apologize.