Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

But the best memory of all is that every night you ate dinner at the table with your family. No TV, no computers, no Xbox, no iPads, no smart phones, and it was great.

You're right pro10is---That is a great memory. Everyone sitting together talking about their day. Sometimes laughing, sometimes serious but we were together as a family.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh... You can't be that old...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I may be getting older but I refuse to grow up!

Besides I remember all of the above mentioned.

Glo Ryders {4 sets (Blue, Red, Orange, Pink) I swap out}
    Rear Trunk Liner ......... Seal Floorboards
    Rear Trunk Shelf
    Corbin Heated Seat
    extra 12V plug
    Elka shocks
    White/Red fender lights
    Bump/skid
    Baker Wind Wings
    Honey Burl Dash Kit

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Amen!

Spyder Garage

A couple of the older people in town. A ESSEX sedan with wooden wheels, Model T ford with three pedals on floor for brakes, gear changing.
    If you did not have money for a new battery, there was always the hand crank.
    Three of the most powerful motorcycles in the world Whizzer, Cushman and the HD Hummer.
    Long story/short version. I bought my bike to deliever papers. Payments were $.85 a week to the local hardware store, also a paper customer.
    I am not sure my kids believe these facts, little own my Grandkids. Greatgrand kids can't talk yet.
    My body is getting old, but I refuse to grow up.
    Have fun
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Im in my early 30s and I love reading these stories. My son wouldnt believe most of these things. Keep them coming!

It brings back my memories of all of the neighborhood kids playing outside all the time, no matter what the weather was like. Now with my son, I can hardly get him outside due to the xbox.

Although he did say when I get a spyder, we will never be home.

Spyder Garage

I remember all the above, I guess that makes me old too... Hell the town where I attended HS still doesn't have a fast food restaurant, if you want a burger you go to the local bar. We never had milk delivered, we had to milk the cows, canned all our own vegetables and beef. Didn't own a freezer but the local butcher shop, it was also the slaughter house, rented them, didn't have a toilet in the house until I was 7, never had a phone in the farm house, how in the hell did we survive? The list could go on, do I miss it, some but not all, be honest, life is much simpler now then it was then.

Between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls Texas
    Spyder Garage

Ignition switch on dash? Youngsters! A key turned things on but the starter switch was next to the gas pedal. You needed finesse to hit the gas and starter switch just right to fire things up. And have you all forgot about gas wars and gas as cheap as 5 cents. Now those were the days. We also had bread delivered to the door. And green red and blue film to put on the black and white TV when we finally got a TV. Poor people had poor ways back then.
    Last edited by spydercowboy; 06-23-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    Do things like your life depends on it. It COULD!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My first "Car", was a Willys MB... I learned to do that delicate dance on the brakes, clutch, gas pedal, AND starter!
    I think that I might have needed a few more feet on more than one occassion though!

Between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls Texas
    Spyder Garage

Glad I'm not the only "old fart" here.
    Do things like your life depends on it. It COULD!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the thread Jerbear. I have great memories, we didn't have a lot but we had the whole outdoors. I can relate to most of those things. We lived in the country so I didn't know what a Johnnie pump was. We had a Dodge pickup with "three on the tree" and the linkage gave out somewhere so we cut a hole in the floor and welded two pices of steel to the transmission, one for R and 1, ther othe for 2 and 3, fun.
    The milk truck came once a week but with 6 kids and we were milk pigs we usually ran out, then they came out with milk in bags, my mother loved this, now she could freeze the milk! We would steal a bag once in a while if we were a day in the woods. And although there are physical issues with age, it is a mindset as well. I was visiting my mother the other day, She lives in a seniors apartment, and when I drop by on the Spyder it is the buzz of conversation. So she just turned 90 and never really liked me having bikes for the last 40 years. HOWEVER for her birthday she wants to go for a ride on the Spyder! So we will do that at our family gathering in July. On her 80th She went for a ride to the beach on my ATV. Not sure what i'll do for the 100th!
    Dan

2014 RT-S SE6, 2012 RT-622 trailer