Quote Originally Posted by White Widower View Post
Seth, thanks for the video and info. You obviously are a pro at it now. You must have some serious upper body strength. The video is ideal because one cannot imagine the process. You make it look easy and it most definitely is not! Very best regards.

Seth stayed at the same hotel as we did at the Spyder owners meet last June in Maggie Valley and we watched in awe as he hopped on his machine, swung the chair (with little effort, it seemed) up onto the rear of the Spyder, strapped everything down (including his legs) and roared off. Proved to us that there are no limitations if one puts their mind to the task.

Like Scotty's wife, Nancy, my wife Penny has limitations. Her right arm is paralyzed (from an encounter 35 year's ago with a ten ton truck cresting a hill on the wrong side of the road and her Suzuki GS 1000. The truck put my Suzuki, (riding in front) off the road but caught her machine almost broadside as she tried to hit the culvert on the right side. She also has leg damage but still rides her RT regularly and we take a lot of trips.

Penny mounts the Spyder from the left side by putting her right foot on the left peg. She then straightens up and places her left foot on the passenger's mount. She then swings her right leg over the Spyder in front of her body, rather than behind. She also has the ISCI handbrake installed. Even though she doesn't have use of the arm, her hand is fine once it is on the grip and she has enough strength to use the handbrake, although we had to change out the lever to get her more leverage.

At age 75, I have a long way to go to catch up to your dad but where there is a will there is a way.