Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Garmin 665-Cuts in and out

I have been struggling with the install of my Garmin 665 on my 2012 Rt for some time. It works fine when I route the audio through the aux. plug in the trunk, but when I use the connector that I would use for the 660 the XM cuts in and out. The problem with the aux plug in the rear is that the GPS does not interrupt the radio, nor the iPod with directions. I even tried using a splitter so the XM could go to the rear connector, and the other end plugs into the connector made for the GPs-same problem, the XM cuts in and out. I can not figure out how to hook it up so I can use the GPS for all of the audio functions. The dealer has no clue, and BRP will not offer any support.

Can someone who hooked the 665 up tell me how they hooked theirs up, and if they needed to route the wire to the rear audio input.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2manycars View Post
    I have been struggling with the install of my Garmin 665 on my 2012 Rt for some time. It works fine when I route the audio through the aux. plug in the trunk, but when I use the connector that I would use for the 660 the XM cuts in and out. The problem with the aux plug in the rear is that the GPS does not interrupt the radio, nor the iPod with directions. I even tried using a splitter so the XM could go to the rear connector, and the other end plugs into the connector made for the GPs-same problem, the XM cuts in and out. I can not figure out how to hook it up so I can use the GPS for all of the audio functions. The dealer has no clue, and BRP will not offer any support.

Can someone who hooked the 665 up tell me how they hooked theirs up, and if they needed to route the wire to the rear audio input.
    Mounted mine using the BRP 660 handlebar mount and ran the Garmin harness through the right headlight socket and around the right-side frame, back to the radio area by the passenger seat. I used the BRP harness that came with the mount to plug into the radio socket behind the right-side storage and connected the two harnesses (Garmin to BRP) per the instructions. I mounted the GXM 40 XM receiver under the trunk lid, ran the cable through the lid between the inner and outer shell, through the hinge opening, and down to the Garmin harness. It works great. Let me know how I can help or better explain. Good luck. ...Gnirtsnod