Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kepople View Post
    Anyone tried the Bell Mag 9?
    I Have the Bell MAg 9 (Silver and Black) and its a Good Helmet- Fits about the same as HJC IS33.
    The Fog proof shield is nice as I used it ALL winter- It is noisier than the HJC with the shield on in the summer.
    I ,m saving it for winter when I wear the BalaClav and it aborbs most of any sound.
    My Bell was made Apr 2012!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Just got my Nolan Trilogy and trying it on. To keep my ears from getting scrunched, I'm going to use a "skullcap" like I've been doing with my Schuberth. That makes it a lot easier to put on and take off with glasses on and ears remain in one piece. Very snug fit which is good for new helmet I gather. I'll probably use it most of the time without the chinbar as I don't see any one of putting it on with the bar in place - at least on my head. Two questions at this point - what is the purpose of the Pinlock and inner visor?? Just to do away with any fogging? Also with the top vent, can't find where it says which position is open and which closed. I pointed a flashlight into the vent and it looks like the slide must be forward to open. Is this correct? Thanks.
    David Horn, Kerrville, TX
    Fulltime RVer
    2014 Phaeton 40ft motorhome w/TandemTow trailer
    2014 Mazda CX5 (Soul Red)
    Ringo, the travelin' canine (just black and tan)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I still have mine, but am about to send it back as I dont like the way it fits. The straps rub my ears, and make it impossible to use ear buds in any case. I also dont like that there really is not ANY padding in the helmet on the top other than whats in the liner. Which also means that as I wiggle my head, the liner doesnt move but the helmet shell does move around the liner. Seems like a lot of vibration will occur at speed because of it. I also never seems to sit in the same orientation on my head. The sweat wicking matierial makes my head sweat after seconds. So I am trying the skull cap with vents also.

I do Like:
    the visor is great, more coverage than most, the shape is good, I like the fact that it includes the pin lock lens, and the full face shield has the vent.

I also cannot tell which is open or closed. Even putting my head in front of a blower fan, the noise does not change no matter which direction, and I dont feel a change in the airflow.
    The pinlock is for fogging and is a standard on a lot of helmets, but a lot of MFG's dont include the pinlock with the helmet.

So I am still not sold. I did see an older mag 9 and did like it, but it does seem a bit cheaper compared to the nolan, but it has much more padding and venting.

Spyder Garage

Default Top Vent

Here's copy of an e-mail I received back from Nolan Tech Issue's.

Thank you for contacting us at CIMA.

If you look close in the light you can see the vent open and close. On the new helmets they added an open and close on the button.

Forward Open – Back Closed

I hope that this helps you.

Yours truly,
    Keith Knudson

CIMA INTERNATIONAL, INC.
    1585 Beverly Court # 118
    Aurora, IL 60502
    Ph: 630-701-1601
    Toll-free: 866-243-5638
    Fax: 630-701-1606
    For more information please check out our websites
    www.nolan-usa.com or www.real-rider.com

Spyder Garage

I took a flashlight and figured it out. My new one has a 3-13 date on it and there's no open/close on the vent slide.
    David Horn, Kerrville, TX
    Fulltime RVer
    2014 Phaeton 40ft motorhome w/TandemTow trailer
    2014 Mazda CX5 (Soul Red)
    Ringo, the travelin' canine (just black and tan)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I tried all sorts of helmets today. I found out that the Nolan is too big, and just does not fit right. I tried a couple Shoeis and the difference in comfort is night and day in the 3/4 helmets. So back it goes, however I am still in the market because I just don't fit the helmets I want. Oh well...