Spyder Garage

Default Just got off the phone with Magic Man and Pat in the office

I called to order the BRP Oil Filter and whatever rings Brian will need for his oil change. I ended up talking to them for quite a while. What great folks they are. When all was done, I ended up ordering myself a Triple Play lighting set. Brian will be home in a bit and I can break the news to him. He just told me last night he may get offered some overtime. ;D We will also be receiving the HID set from Magic Man and will install those in Brian's Spyder. We will get photos of his with the install next to mine with the stock lights (or the Silverstars I put in) and post a photo comparison for all to see. I can't wait to see the difference. You just know I am going to end up getting those too. Anyway, after great discussion and friendly voices and wonderful customer service, you can bet NoMagicNeon has some very loyal customers in bjt and dltang. I can't wait to review their products for everyone.
    Deb
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Just got off the phone with Magic Man and Pat in the office

I'd buy my groceries from them if I could.
    "I <3 attention!"
    -DD

Spyder Garage

I met them in Daytona and from then on I knew that they were good people. I talk with Evan every day now and I don't think there's another company that is this excited about the Spyder. Evan is so much like me it's scary. The guy can't leave well enough alone and has come up with some really cool stuff for the Spyder that nobody else has and the stuff like the HID's are priced better than the rest of the market. They both love what they do and it shows.

Spyder Garage

Deb - I Thought you already had Ken's backlight unit installed? Isn't that basically like the triple play?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    Deb - I Thought you already had Ken's backlight unit installed? Isn't that basically like the triple play?

Yes and no. I have the backlight set from Ken and it is an improvement over just the plain blinkers. The triple play will also increase the visibility of the turn signals with brighter LED bulbs and also have some additional options for noticeability from behind. You can see the difference in Lamonster's video. I do like Ken's system, but I think I will like this one even more. Safety is a must.

Spyder Garage

Deb,
    Have Evan's 90 and triple play as well. Couldn't agree with you more on customer service. They are a pleasure to deal with and run their operation flawlessly. Thinking of the HID and would buy it from them if I go with it.

Spyder Garage

Deb - Just got Winnie's TP installed. The added visibility is amazing!! I particularly like the 3-flash brake response. Stock turn signals were a bit wimpy.

jt
    08 RS/SM5 (Hers) (sold)
    15 RT-S (Mine)
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Spyder Garage

I can't wait until we get everything installed. We will take photos and video and try to upload it for everyone to see. I am pretty excited. So glad to hear that visibility is so good.

Spyder Garage

I'll probably give his HID kit a try..... good price and looks like it will help at night a lot.

Just need to decide what temp bulb to go with...... I don't want the headlights looking really white/blue and my fogs looking yellowish.....

I'm going to add some hyperlights to the back of mine.... will work fine in line with the stock bulbs.... so LED's and stock bulbs.... covered both ways......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    I'll probably give his HID kit a try..... good price and looks like it will help at night a lot.

Just need to decide what temp bulb to go with...... I don't want the headlights looking really white/blue and my fogs looking yellowish.....

I'm going to add some hyperlights to the back of mine.... will work fine in line with the stock bulbs.... so LED's and stock bulbs.... covered both ways......

Dan,
    C'mon over and you can see the Hyper-Lites in person. Easy install, and add to the visibility. I do like the kit for the rear turn signals that makes them red, though.
    -Scotty
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy
    ... see the Hyper-Lites in person. Easy install, and add to the visibility....
    I'm with you. Hyper-Lites are great... have had them on my last five motors. Verrrrry visible, so I'm told.

I'm putting a single 16-light unit (for brakes) on the Roadster.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder: