Spyder Garage

Default Be Aware -- Black Widow Accessories -- Order problems

Hello my spyderlover friends.....

Just a warning that I had ordered two items from:Black Widow Accessories
    101 N. Springhill St.
    Bellefontaine, Ohio.
    43311 United States
    blackwidowaccessories.com

I had ordered the items May 22, 2013. Several calls (none returned, but talked with him once when I initiated the call). Several emails, no reponses. NO COMMUNICATIONS what so ever on the order other than the initial receival email of order.

After much frustration and no info, I checked my Paypal account this morning. This vendor "cancelled" my order (just recently) and at least I got my money back.

Very frustrating....I should have checked them out before ordering as I see other people may have had issues as well. Oh well, live and learn. NEVER had this type of issue with all of the items I have ordered ever.

Good luck all.....
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Every few months I see a post pop up about these guys... I wonder if we should have a "sticky" to warn people?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    Every few months I see a post pop up about these guys... I wonder if we should have a "sticky" to warn people?
    Makes you wonder how they stay in business
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    Makes you wonder how they stay in business
    Word doesn't get out enough... I'm sure they don't have repeat customers...

Spyder Garage

As mentioned by others. The name pops up on a regular basis. They seem to have a real problem with communication.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer..!!

communication is essential in an online/mail order operation. They will have a tough time continuing if they don't change their ways..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JLSpyder2012 View Post

101 N. Springhill St.
    Bellefontaine, Ohio.
    43311 United States

I had ordered the items May 22, 2013. Several calls (none returned, but talked with him once when I initiated the call). Several emails, no reponses. NO COMMUNICATIONS what so ever on the order other than the initial receival email of order.

After much frustration and no info, I checked my Paypal account this morning. This vendor "cancelled" my order (just recently) and at least I got my money back.

Very frustrating....I should have checked them out before ordering as I see other people may have had issues as well. Oh well, live and learn. NEVER had this type of issue with all of the items I have ordered ever.

Good luck all.....
    Bought from them one time. All kinda of excuses about product not being delivered. Will never buy or recommend them to anybody. Slap me once shame on you. Slap me twice shame on me.
    david

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looking at the site, it looks like it's all stuff you can get directly from our site sponsors. Not sure why anyone would want to use a "middle man" to get the same stuff...

Spyder Garage

Default Bad Place to do business

The same thing has happened to me with Blackwidow. I have made several calls to find out about my order. I have talked to them several times but get a different story each time as to the statis of my order. Once I receive my final order I will never do business with them again!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's a shame that they just don't seem to realize what a potential Goldmine it is, that they are monkeying up!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by drbob4d View Post
    The same thing has happened to me with Blackwidow. I have made several calls to find out about my order. I have talked to them several times but get a different story each time as to the statis of my order. Once I receive my final order I will never do business with them again!!!
    Good Luck receiving your final order and they bill your credit card immediately. I had placed an order with them and was told the same stories you were told. A month went by and I still had no order. I contacted them again to get the status but they didn't return my phone calls or e-mails.

I contacted the local Better Business Bureau and filed a complaint. I also noticed there were several complaints filed against them. I filed a dispute with my credit card company and finally received a refund.

I was a new spyder owner and hadn't joined this site yet when I placed my order with Black Widow Assessories. I now place my order with the vendors on this site and they all offer great customer service if you have a problem.

Welcome to the Spyderlovers Family
    Last edited by YIRYDE; 06-19-2013 at 11:27 PM.
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

One excellent deal with them, One deal just quit by them in middle. I will stick with SL Sponsors from now on.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default SPYDERPOPS - GREAT SERVICE !!

hello to my spyderlover friends....I initially started this thread on the absolutely poor communications and service from Black Widow Accessories -- awful, terrible, cancelled my order after waiting for over three weeks, etc. - NEVER, NEVER, NEVER AGAIN WITH BLACK WIDOW ACCESSORIES -- thanks for letting me get that out of my system!!

I ordered an item from SPYDERPOPS after this episode with Black Widow Accessories. WHAT A PLEASURE TO DO BUSINESS WITH A SUPPLIER THAT UNDERSTANDS THE CUSTOMER, SHIPS THE ORDER PROMPTLY AND FULFILLS THE REQUIREMENTS ! EXCELLENT SERVICE. ORDERED MONDAY, 6-17-13 AND RECEIVED ORDER TODAY BY USPS -- WOW THREE DAYS FROM ORDER TO RECEIPT. SPYDERPOPS IS THE WAY TO GO IF THEY HAVE YOUR ITEM.

Anyway....please don't order or be careful with Black Widow Accessories -- SPYDERPOPS restored my faith in suppliers to our Spyders........
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 06-21-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With all the items available from site sponsors, why would anyone pay the middleman upcharge?
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

hello to my spyderlover friends....I initially started this thread on the absolutely poor communications and service from Black Widow Accessories -- awful, terrible, cancelled my order after waiting for over three weeks, etc. - NEVER, NEVER, NEVER AGAIN WITH BLACK WIDOW ACCESSORIES -- thanks for letting me get that out of my system!!

I ordered an item from SPYDERPOPS after this episode with Black Widow Accessories. WHAT A PLEASURE TO DO BUSINESS WITH A SUPPLIER THAT UNDERSTANDS THE CUSTOMER, SHIPS THE ORDER PROMPTLY AND FULFILLS THE REQUIREMENTS ! EXCELLENT SERVICE. ORDERED MONDAY, 6-17-13 AND RECEIVED ORDER TODAY BY USPS -- WOW THREE DAYS FROM ORDER TO RECEIPT. SPYDERPOPS IS THE WAY TO GO IF THEY HAVE YOUR ITEM.

Anyway....please be don't order or be careful with Black Widow Accessories -- SPYDERPOPS restored my faith in suppliers to our Spyders........
    Glad all turned out good! I had Spyderpops install a swaybar at the BBQ. Top Notch!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Black Widow Accessories

They just caused me a major headache to the point that I had to get the Better Business Bureau involved. Black Widow wasn't being exactly honest with the BBB but fortunately I document well and was able to prove me point. I wasn't the first person that I had to go that route with them. Sad.
    The WildBat - 2017 Can-Am Spyder F3-L
    Little Bre - 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST-S
    Phantom 2.0 - My SuperSpyder. 2008 Can-Am Spyder SM5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that your documentation served you well!
    Can you fill us in, with some more details?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

101 N. Springhill St.
    Bellefontaine, Ohio.
    43311 United States

Good luck all.....

Had the very same problem with Black widow accessories. Did not get material and had to call many times to get my money back.
    2014 RTS SE6 , Cognac

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The only time I turn to a 3rd party vendor is when I can't find an item from one of our sponsors. Even if it's a couple of bucks higher, I appreciate their support and am willing to pay a slight upcharge.

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Spyder Garage

I had the same experience as many above, no order confirmation, no communication at all, had to phone 3 times before getting any information!
    I really like the driver & passenger cup holders I got from them but there are to many good sponsors on this site that value my business to bother dealing with them again.
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Fish people

It has been my experience to stear clear of vendors sporting the fish. They seem to have a "higher" calling than good customer service IMHO

Spyder Garage

Default just Google problems about black widow and found this thread

Got a $50 dollar gift card from my mom, so I bought some stuff been 2 months and nothing,, looks like they haven't changed from this 2013 post. If I belonged to the ohio spyder ryders I'd tell them to take there link off of the website.

Spyder Garage

Wow, nearly three years later and this company is still scamming people. How does this happen?

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This thread was started nearly four years ago and Black Widow Accessories is still up to their old shenanigans.

I ordered a Rivco expanding luggage rack from them for my RT. Why? Because they had if for a great price, about $20 less than anyone else. I never thought to check here for comments about them. They sent me a luggage rack in about 2 weeks or so, but it was the wrong one. They sent me a Show Chrome rack which has a list price about $40 or so less than the Rivco. Three phone calls and a couple of emails later I'm still waiting for shipping confirmation and a tracking number. I've been told three times it was shipped and I would get the tracking # by email the next day and a pickup order would also come for Fedex to pick up the Show Chrome one. Hasn't happened yet. I'll be calling my CC company in a couple of days and ask for a charge back. That will either get action, or get me a no cost Show Chrome rack!

I think Black Widow is nothing more than an order processing operation run out of a home. If you look up their street address on Google maps and go to the satellite view the area is all residential. There are no Street View pictures of the residential side streets in that area. The shipping label on the box I received was all hand written which is not what you usually see from a reliable shipper. In my phone conversation with the owner he indicated the Rivco rack was coming from a third party shipper.

So, as was stated earlier in this thread, stay away from Black Widow Accessories. They also operate under the name Wing Dreams, LLC.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update to the thread, might help keep those of us out of trouble who are just getting into the farkeling business!