Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Nancy & I got home tonight about 8, after spending the night in Bull's Gap. Had a few issues on the way home. and ran about 70 miles one time with the check engine light on and a "Check DPS" warning. That flashing orange warning is sure distracting, but the update announced at last year's OE did prevent limp mode after a reboot...it just throws a continuous check engine light. Also had a throttle positioner problem at one juncture and some more steering problems like the ones I had on the Rattler. No big deal, I'll visit the dealer this week and we will take a look at things. I suspect a new DPS and another throttle body may soon be in order, but we will see.

Anyway, as long as the Spyder will reboot after such things happen, it can be ridden just fine. We did 540 miles today, about 380 of them after our first incident. BTW, when you have an orange warning flashing in the trip meter box, the whole display shows the warning if you stop moving. It will disappear if you acknowledge with the MODE button. That was a surprise to me. Also, if the whole display shows the orange warning, the fault codes can't be displayed until the warning is acknowledged and the warning reverts to the trip meter box.

If you have not had last year's update done, I highly recommend it. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Annoying is putting it mildly! They disconnected my parking brake and at a gas stop I wanted to get something out of the trunk so I hit the parking brake button forgetting that I no longer had one so I had the annoying orange lights until the next stop. I've driven across the country with the lights flashing at me and it seems that they takeover the whole display at the least opportune time like when you want to know exactly how fast you are going as you pass the trooper taking radar.

We had a nice ride yesterday from Greenville to Southern Pines, NC via South Carolina. We rode with our friends Tom & Robin until we were south of Spartanburg then we separated with them going to Charleston to visit their son and we are visiting our son and his family in NC until Thursday morning.

The forecast here is for scattered thunderstorms through Wednesday so we are hoping that they scatter elsewhere. We should be back in NV on Saturday or Sunday.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We made it back..Had to leave a day early and miss Lamont's BBQ....The wife caught poison ivy at a waterfall and when she gets it,she gets it!...

Registered Users Grandpa Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Made it home on Monday around 2:45pm, I spent Sunday visiting my 87 year old Aunt in Nebo, NC. It was a nice trip. My Spyder did me good.
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S
    May God Bless All Of those Who Serve Our Country

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures

Spyder Garage

Cindy & I, can officially say we have arrived home. We left Maggie Valley Sunday morning very early and rode to my sister's home in Seabrook (just a short ways north of Beaufort) South Carolina. We took the scenic way there by visiting several waterfalls.

We left Seabrook this morning and made it home in Sanford, Flarda, around 3:00ish. I had forgotten how the 90 + temperatures can really suck the energy out of you. We had a really great time, met a lot of great people, renewed acquaintences from past events.

One incident we had was when we were passing this big semi truck, this ole boy driving honked his horn and gave us the "Y" sign with his hand. He had a big smile on his face as we did too.

Thanks everyone for the great time.

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm back in Kansas! Had a bit of rain yesterday and today, but mostly sunny and hot all the way home.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=PrairieSpyder;642151]I'm back in Kansas! Had a bit of rain yesterday and today, but mostly sunny and hot all the way home.[/QUOT

Glad to hear that you made it home.

Spyder Garage

Finally got home at 4:15 this morning, great trip, great food, great friends, lets do this again next weekend

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wish I was home already but we don't leave NC until Thursday. I'm missing my dogs, my bed and 7% humidity!
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Finally got home at 4:15 this morning, great trip, great food, great friends, lets do this again next weekend

Cruzr Joe
    Glad you guys got home... we are going on a Mystery Ride Sunday so we will have to skip next weekend.

JT

Spyder Garage

Made it home yesterday from MV and the Barbecue around 2 PM. The Spyder ran great with no problems encountered what so ever. On the other hand, my back muscles were pretty sore by the time I got home. It was sure nice to sleep in my own bed last night. I'm going to order an Ultimate seat to see if I can't fix that issue.

I had a great time this past week meeting other Spyder riders and I made some new friends. I'll post what few pictures I have later.

Take care,

Tony
    <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
    2017 Red F3T

Mods
    Lamonster RIP Floorboards
    Lamonster H4 LED headlights
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights
    Lamonster LED White and Amber Fog Ring
    Lamonster Show Chrome Fender kit
    Lamonster Drink holder
    Lamonster Dual Power Plate with large X-Grip
    Lamonster F3 Driver Back Rest
    Lamonster Lid Lock
    Baker Air Wings Luggage Rack

Spyder Garage

Default Home Safe From Maggie Valley Check-in....

Where are all the cry babies??? Everyone had a good time??? This was a great event and everyone is saying so, thank you BRP and thank you Lamont and Chris

Cruzr joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

4418 miles, 10 days and 7 states later, I am back home.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Made it home about noon today! Over 5,000 miles of riding and we had a great time.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Did not make it to Maggie Valley BUT:

I did pass by the area on Thursday as many of you were beginning to arrive. Had been to Bangor, Maine for a ride with 50 of my friends all over Maine. Was a lot of fun being one of the only two Spyders amongst 40 Harleys. Made a believer out of at least one of them. Would have loved to been able to meet many of you but had to get home. God Bless EveryOne.
    Replaced my Lamonster Certified RT Limited #1874 With a 2018 RTL.

Spyder Garage

Default Home Safe From Maggie Valley Check-in....

Made it home yesterday (Saturday 22nd). Missed the BBQ but rode the Blur Ridge Parkway, Skyline Drive, visited old neighbors in Delaware and stopped off at the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Great time, great rides.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Illinois Patriot Guard

Founding member of Woodstock Spyder Ryders

2014 RTS SE6 - White
    2010 RT/AC SE5 retired with 26,536 miles