Spyder Garage

Default 1150 mile trip to Laconia, NH and back and 2 issues.

Just got back from Laconia. Interesting week that's for sure. On the way up after about 250 miles one of my right side panels decides to pop out and won't hold back in. No biggie just put a couple of bungee cords across it and move on. As I am going thru Rutland Vt. I spy Central Vermont Motorcycles
    360 West Street Rutland VT 05701

pull around back to the service dept and a very kind young man comes out in the pouring rain, looks at the spyder and 5 minutes later all fixed. Didn't get his name <but I did throw him a twenty>. What luck!
    On the way home today I am giggling to myself as I am flying thru the twisties near Bromley VT, when it throws a code, goes into limp mode for a second and then back to normal. Came up with "check dps". Check manual, it says"check dps" means see dealer. Restart spyder, check engine light is on but running ok. 1/2 hour later goes into limp mode again, so I get off, call the closest dealer who tells me they are about to close, but if it is dps i should be able to ride home. Starts back up ok, ride over to Wendys for some food and while inside an employee comes over to tell me my lights are on...key is in my pocket... turns out the brake pedal is sticking slightly on, lift it up, start the spyder and all is fine, no engine lite no problem. Rest of the way home <~200 miles> I just kept pulling up on the brake pedal after using it and all is okay. Local dealer here I come!

Spyder Garage

Default Issues..!!

glad the trip was an interesting one. Those panels have been a bit of a hassle but there are threads with solutions and what to watch for. Glad you found the problem caused by the brake pedal should be an easy fix...good luck hope your back on the road soon..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I was at Laconia on the 9th all day. Only an hour drive and hour wait in the roads that lead in.

Mine was the Black RTS with a really loud stereo.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.