Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2009 gps garmin 660 question

how and where do i attach the mounting bracket for a garmin 660 on a 2009 rs.

thanks

i have a chanch to buy a 1 year old for 400 but i dont wnt to buy it if i cant get it installed

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have a 2012 RSS and mine is mounted to the handlebars with a BRP mount though it can be mounted to the dash do a querry for garmin mounting on rss many have them.
    You will have to have it wired to a 12v accessory plug that can also be baught through can am or aftermarket on ebay.

Spyder Garage

Default iPad Mini mount for Navigation......

Quote Originally Posted by hecoon View Post
    how and where do i attach the mounting bracket for a garmin 660 on a 2009 rs.

thanks

i have a chanch to buy a 1 year old for 400 but i dont wnt to buy it if i cant get it installed
    Hey, I mounted my iPad Mini on the dash and use that for my GPS, and navigation, works like a charm. Got the mount for sports.com, iPad Mini Spring-Loaded Glare Shield Mount, part # 5421A, $68.95 plus shipping. Check it out.
    Chase the wind every chance you get.....! 2013 Circuit Yellow RT-SE5
    Mods: Bump Skid, foam grips; Tric-LED 3rd & 4th tail lights, Mirror turn signals, & front fender lights; CB, Shortee CB & Radio Antennas, NBV Highway Pegs, USA & CA flags on Rivco flag mounts, Black widow frunk logo, Utopia Driver backrest, Sheepskin Driver Seat pad, running & brake light license frame, Chrome Luggage Rack, Ram mount on dashboard for iPad Mini for GPS, Race Tech shocks all around.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pacog1943 View Post
    Hey, I mounted my iPad Mini on the dash and use that for my GPS, and navigation, works like a charm. Got the mount for sports.com, iPad Mini Spring-Loaded Glare Shield Mount, part # 5421A, $68.95 plus shipping. Check it out.
    the dash and handle bars are completely different on the 09
    thanks anywaay

Spyder Garage

I have a 2008, which is the same. There is a silver plastic piece (right hand side of handle bars) covering the 7/8" bars next to the throttle. You can easily cut (the plastic piece) and remove it with a utility knife. Then, you can use a RAM ball mount along with the mating piece from RAM that attaches to the gps.

I used to have my gps there. I replaced it with a handle bar clock. Let me know if you want a picture of what and where I'm talking about.

Here's an example of the cradle from gpscity.com:
    http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-gar...es-cradle.html
    Last edited by wyliec; 06-15-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I have a 2008, which is the same. There is a silver plastic piece (right hand side of handle bars) covering the 7/8" bars next to the throttle. You can easily cut (the plastic piece) and remove it with a utility knife. Then, you can use a RAM ball mount along with the mating piece from RAM that attaches to the gps.

I used to have my gps there. I replaced it with a handle bar clock. Let me know if you want a picture of what and where I'm talking about.

Here's an example of the cradle from gpscity.com:
    http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-gar...es-cradle.html

thank you
    that is exactly what i need.

Spyder Garage

P1000148.jpg P1000156.jpg

I took out the safety card and mounted mine as per photo
    The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Spyder View Post
    P1000148.jpg P1000156.jpg

I took out the safety card and mounted mine as per photo
    I tried my gps there one time and found it caused the plastic ledge to move too much.

Spyder Garage

I tried my gps there one time and found it caused the plastic ledge to move too much.
    I fitted a piece of plastic made from a chopping board to stiffen mine up and now it doesn't vibrate.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Spyder View Post
    I fitted a piece of plastic made from a chopping board to stiffen mine up and now it doesn't vibrate.

Do you have a close up? Is the piece of chopping board underneath the plastic ledge and what is the thickness? Did you use a RAM ball mount, 2 screw or 1 screw type?

I may try it again on the plastic ledge, if I can see what you actually did.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Do you have a close up? Is the piece of chopping board underneath the plastic ledge and what is the thickness? Did you use a RAM ball mount, 2 screw or 1 screw type?

I may try it again on the plastic ledge, if I can see what you actually did.

Thanks
    The only other pic I have is this one, it shows the mount better.

P1000147.jpg

Just checked the thickness of plastic I had left over, it's 4mm thick, so it bent and took the same contour as the top cover.

Spyder Garage

Is that the reservoir mount I'm looking at? That's where I messed up. You've got your RAM mount running perpendicular on the plastic ledge; I had it horizontal. I like your way better.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebadwolf View Post
    Is that the mount from BRP? I thought about getting that one. It wasn't the money that stopped me. I was wondering if that put the gps in an awkward position for viewing. I like to keep my gaze looking in the forward direction. Do you find that viewing position to be the best for you?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hecoon View Post
    thank you
    that is exactly what i need.
    If you have a Zumo 660, that mount will not work. The zumo should come with it's own mount that you can put a Ram ball on to mount it.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.