Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok Now What?

Spyder Garage

Default Ok Now What?

Dealer near me doesn't allow test rides! How the How the he** can you expect someone to drop $30,000 on a RT LT? With NO test ride! And it's the same dealer I bought my wing trike from!! I told him, no ride, no deal. He said come back in 2 weeks. We might have the Can Am truck here. You can ride one in the parking lot. I WANT A TEST RIDE! Sorry, you can't leave the parking lot. Insurance reasons. Even the HD dealer up the street allows test rides. Sorry, we don't allow test rides. Upset in PA.. Tom

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Come to Las Vegas you can test drive at ProShop

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

All I hear from your dealer is Blah Blah Blah... insurance, schmisurance...

Drive as fast as you can away from that dealer never to return. If they cant insure their inventory, then they probably cant pay thier mechanics to be trained properly by BRP to change the oil.
    Run, dont walk in the other direction...

Where is the nearest dealer after that?

Believe me its worth it to buy from a bigger dealer even if you have to drive a long way. I bought mine from a large reputable dealer, and even then, I got the feeling after they had my $$ I was expendable.. so find the best dealer you can and take a test drive.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Dealer near me doesn't allow test rides! How the How the he** can you expect someone to drop $30,000 on a RT LT? With NO test ride! And it's the same dealer I bought my wing trike from!! I told him, no ride, no deal. He said come back in 2 weeks. We might have the Can Am truck here. You can ride one in the parking lot. I WANT A TEST RIDE! Sorry, you can't leave the parking lot. Insurance reasons. Even the HD dealer up the street allows test rides. Sorry, we don't allow test rides. Upset in PA.. Tom
    This is BS. It sounds like they dont want to prep bikes until they are ready to be sold. Plus all you should have to do is sign a BRP liability release form to take a bike out on the street. I have done this a few times.

Spyder Garage

Find a cheap flight and rent one for a weekend in Colorado - you get the test ride and a great weekend vacation in the Rockies!!!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default upset in Pa / test rides

Where are you looking in Pa? I bought from Mosites Motorsports on Rt 30. Ask for Ryan. He let my husband and me take two (an ST and RT). We were out for 1 1/2 hours. I came back to the showroom with the Spyders and made my deal. Great place to buy! Good luck! Jill

Spyder Garage

Default Hanover PA Dealer

We purchased my 2012 RTS-SE5 at Motosports Inc. in Hanover, PA.... test rides allowed... following their salesperson who is on another . They are a good dealer and Ryan who does their Spyder service is extremely knowledgeable! Best of luck!

Spyder Garage

That's messed up, for sure. I rode a Pre-owned 2011 or 2012 RT-S last week from the dealer I purchased my first 2 Spyder's from. I was hoping they would have a 2013 out front to ride. But, they didn't. Hopefully, they will soon. I'm not buying until November. So; I have plenty of time.
    I agree with the other posts. Go to another dealer.
    - Greg

2013 RT-S Circuit Yellow Metallic

Previously owned...

2008 Spyder GS (Full Moon) 32,800 miles
    2011 Spyder RS-S (Magnesium/Black) 31,230 miles

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sure that this is a stupid question, but do you already have a motorcylcle endorsement on your license?
    If you do; go find another dealer!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My dealer let me test drive RT and RS. All I did was sign liability release and show a current state farm insurance card.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by happyspyder2039 View Post
    This is BS. It sounds like they dont want to prep bikes until they are ready to be sold. Plus all you should have to do is sign a BRP liability release form to take a bike out on the street. I have done this a few times.

He has 6 Spyders on the floor ready to go. He is a multi franchise dealer, one of the largest in the country. Has 2 floors of bikes, trikes, atv's, watercraft, tractors, etc.. Even has his own full service restaurant on premise. BUTT, no test rides. Outstanding service dept.. They have 15 lifts, mechanics all over the place. They have 1 BRP certified Tech.. Tom

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 03hdjill View Post
    Where are you looking in Pa? I bought from Mosites Motorsports on Rt 30. Ask for Ryan. He let my husband and me take two (an ST and RT). We were out for 1 1/2 hours. I came back to the showroom with the Spyders and made my deal. Great place to buy! Good luck! Jill
    Jill I'm in N/E PA., Pike County. Dealer is Rusty Palmer's. I also asked at a dealer just ove the N.Y. line, no test rides also. What really gets me is they say the Can AM truck with the demo fleet won't allow rides out of the parking lot. That's B>S. Rt. 30 is 2 1/2 hours away. Tom

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'm sure that this is a stupid question, but do you already have a motorcylcle endorsement on your license?
    If you do; go find another dealer!
    Licensed for over 40 years. And I own a Gold Wing Trike. We are upset to say the least. Tom

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Pa Dealer

He has 6 Spyders on the floor ready to go. He is a multi franchise dealer, one of the largest in the country. Has 2 floors of bikes, trikes, atv's, watercraft, tractors, etc.. Even has his own full service restaurant on premise. BUTT, no test rides. Outstanding service dept.. They have 15 lifts, mechanics all over the place. They have 1 BRP certified Tech.. Tom
    What part of PA? I live in Butler County, PA, but bought the Spyder in North Huntingdon, PA at Mosites Motorsports, which is in Westmoreland County. The closest dealer would not even return calls, (even after BRP referred me to them) Mosites was great. They did not have the Spyder that I wanted, but Ryan found it and I had it within a week. When he gave us the Spyders to test for 1 1/2 hours, we were unsupervised. We just had to show our license with MC endorsement and sign the release. Jill

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Tom... PA Dealer

Jill I'm in N/E PA., Pike County. Dealer is Rusty Palmer's. I also asked at a dealer just ove the N.Y. line, no test rides also. What really gets me is they say the Can AM truck with the demo fleet won't allow rides out of the parking lot. That's B>S. Rt. 30 is 2 1/2 hours away. Tom
    Take a ride out. 2 1/2 hours would be a nice ride if the weather is okay. Ryan will let you take the Spyder for a nice long ride. You won't regret it! Jill

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Luvs2Ride View Post
    We purchased my 2012 RTS-SE5 at Motosports Inc. in Hanover, PA.... test rides allowed... following their salesperson who is on another . They are a good dealer and Ryan who does their Spyder service is extremely knowledgeable! Best of luck!
    Almost 4 hours away. The problem with buying from a dealer far away from home is, service! This dealer I want to buy from puts buyers a head of everyone else. And their servive dept. is awesome. The wing tech has been there 30 years. parts mgr. 20 years. They know bikes! BUTT damn. Tom

Spyder Garage

Talking

Almost 4 hours away. The problem with buying from a dealer far away from home is, service! This dealer I want to buy from puts buyers a head of everyone else. And their servive dept. is awesome. The wing tech has been there 30 years. parts mgr. 20 years. They know bikes! BUTT damn. Tom

Rock, meet hard spot.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Rock, meet hard spot.
    You want my $30,000? Earn it! Tom

Spyder Garage

May have found an alternative. We will be in Altoona, PA. vacationing for a few days. Wife found a rally in Johnstown,PA. an hour away that says the Cam Am Demo fleet will be there. So, we are hopeful. Hope they let us out of the parking lot. Tom

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

You want my $30,000? Earn it! Tom
    Exactly.

Buy it from someone who wants your business. Not someone you want to give your business to.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Dealer, not for long!

From the sounds of things the dealer won't be a dealer for very long!

The person with the $$,$$$.00 always ends up making the rules!

No business stays in business without customers.

Last edited by Bob Ledford; 06-15-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Give Arctic adventures in Rosendale, NY a call. Tom Ferry is the owner. they DO offer test rides!
    If not them; Klinger PowerSports up in Walton, NY They also offer test rides. (Talk to Butch up there)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear of your dielema. I am different from some. I did not test ryde any of my 4 's, but I was sold on them anyway.

Would I drop that kind of money on something I was not sure of? Not only no, but HECK no!

The other problem, is service after the sale. One of my ongoing rants is a dealer who treats customers of the as outcasts if they did not purchase there.

Hopefully time will weed some of the less than customer friendly dealers out. We all get to vote with our dollars.

Let us know how everything works out for you.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thought I'd add some info to this. While at a rally where the Demo truck was at, I dropped the no test ride by the dealer to a rep. All coversation by the other reps stopped, They asked for more info, and phone calls were made. One of which was to HQ's in Canada! Another one was made after that to my local dealer. I wasn't privy to what was said. But, I was told, ALL dealers are to have 2 demo units to be used for test rides. So we will see what happens. On another note, I posted about my test rides in another thread. I was a very happy man! Tom

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yes Tango, welcome to the world of "us Dealers just do what we want, forget about what BRP wants!"