Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

My wife uses tripadvisor.com to locate local eateries, and so far we have gotten good places.
    Here are the results for LaFayette, but we could use other cities or areas: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g35050-LaFayette_Georgia.html
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    I got word today that the Pizza Hut in LaFayette has been remodeled inside and out.
    I talked to Bobby the manager at Pizza Hut and he is expecting us for lunch after 2pm Eastern time.

GA136 is listed as one of the motorcycle roads for nice scenery and I know LaFayette.

I've traveled through Mentone over the years and it looks like the route I'll be taking to Sequoyah Caverns. I've never stopped there other than the traffic light, but it's been the route to many caves in TAG.
    Since this ride is listed on the TVC-SRA website and the SRA Meetup Groups, it would be real confusing to change the town for the lunch this close to the event.

I would consider Mentone for a future ride event. There is a ride to Little River Canyon on August 17th by the TVC-SRA. That is in that area. I hoping to go if I have my Spyder back?
    So, We're first meeting at Pizza Hut in La Fayette, GA (405 N Main Street) @ 2:00 PM for lunch and then going to Sequoyah Caverns from there? From there we'll go to Mentone on our way to Sequoyah Caverns. What time do we want to arrive there and still have time to tour the caverns before they close @ 5:00 (6:00 eastern time)? Does this give us enough time for the tour? Do we take a guided tour, & if so, which one? Looks like the cost could be anywhere from $10.95 to $30.00 per person depending upon the number of people in our group, tour chosen and duration. Is the planned lunch time too late to give us suitable time at Sequoyah?

Mark
    Last edited by MarkLawson; 08-05-2013 at 10:55 AM.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

We are meeting at the Sequoyah Caverns parking lot at 10:30 am Central time. We will do the cave tour after everyone gets there. After the cave tour, the group will ride up US11 to Trenton, GA where we will turn onto GA136 and head over to the LaFayette, GA area for lunch.

It has come to my attention that some folks are not pleased with the choice of Pizza Hut for lunch. I was sent a link to trip advisor of other places to eat in the LaFayette area. Link below:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...e_Georgia.html

I have also put a request on the TAGNet for cavers to give me some places to eat in the area. I will be posting those suggestions here.

So now, it will be up to everyone to make their own choices as to where they want to eat lunch AFTER the tour of Sequoyah Caverns.

Spyder Garage

Ah, so I missed some very important information, the initial meet time @ Sequoyah Caverns, which you had in the first message. Thanks for bringing it together.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332

Spyder Garage

Default See ya there tomorrow....

Spyder Garage

Default Went "caving" today

Hi, John.

Great idea. Think all enjoyed the tour, I know I sure did. The place is much larger than I had thought it would be. I talked to the two senior citizens running it and asked what was going to happen. One said "See that gate up there? We're gonna put a big lock on it." No further plans were mentioned, so I don't have a clue about the future of the place.
    Sorry you had to drive your truck, that's a good ride over there. I left early this AM and rode all arouind Jones MT and "The Pocket." Had a great time.

Thanks for organizing the day, it really was super. Pretty good turn out, 20 or more Spyders and a few others too. Good job!

Tuck

Spyder Garage

Default Nice Day at the Caverns...

Had a very nice visit to Sequoyah Caverns today along with a bunch of Spyders from AL, TN, & GA. Thanks Cavman for putting this together for us!

P1020039.jpg P1020046.jpg P1020054.jpg Lamonts RS was here...jpg P1020053.jpg

Spyder Garage

Had a great time today John, thanks for pulling this all together!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332

Spyder Garage

When I get my Spyder back, I'm thinking of doing that ride we did today. I was a nice excursion.

I'm glad y'all enjoyed yourselves, as I did too. Good group turn out despite the iffy weather.

Spyder Garage

Let me know when you want to go
    I love it up there. Lots of great roads
    Tuck

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Great Job!

John:

Good job putting this get-together together.

Would like to see more folks take the initiative to do the same. Pick something, announce it and see who shows up.

Thanks! Maybe we can join you next time.

Spyder Garage

I'm wondering who from GA is going to show up in Birmingham this weekend to ride on the Barber's track for a hour? If my Spyder ain't ready, I ain't going in my truck!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    I'm wondering who from GA is going to show up in Birmingham this weekend to ride on the Barber's track for a hour? If my Spyder ain't ready, I ain't going in my truck!
    John, I have a room reserved at the Hampton Inn Friday night. I plan to be on the track Saturday.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332

Spyder Garage

You might want to start a separate post about Barber. I have family coming out of town, so I will not be able to go.