Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Could not pass this opportunity up.

I will be trading in my Spyder RT Limited for a 2013 Anniversary Tri Glide. I have wanted one since they started the hype last fall.
    Loved the test ride on equal 2013 Tri Glide demo, and loved the comfort. I am long legged so it was a perfect fit, and the ride was impressive, we took for a 200 mile ride on Saturday. I was shocked the ride was as smooth as it was, and had the wife on with very rough roads.
    13_FLHTCUTGAE_R-Tri-Glide-Ultra-Classic.jpg
    Any way I have a question;
    I have the 4 year warranty with 3 1/4 year left. Does anyone know what I need to do for the HD dealership so the next person to purchase the Spyder can activate without issue?
    2012 RT Limited: Utopia back rest, SealBoards, and Shark bluetooth communicators on VCAN Woody helmets.

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see..!!

If it is transferable I would think you just have to inform them and they will get in touch with new owner. He will have to show proof (title, bill of sale etc). Enjoy your new ride..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    If it is transferable I would think you just have to inform them and they will get in touch with new owner. He will have to show proof (title, bill of sale etc). Enjoy your new ride..!!
    Yes, it is the BEST warranty and states right on it is transferable. I was not sure if I needed to sign anything? I can not find any good info on making the transfer painless for the new owner.
    2012 RT Limited: Utopia back rest, SealBoards, and Shark bluetooth communicators on VCAN Woody helmets.

Spyder Garage

There is a form in the owners manual that the new owner should send in...or he/she could just see a Can-Am dealer and have them help reregister the warranty.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    There is a form in the owners manual that the new owner should send in...or he/she could just see a Can-Am dealer and have them help reregister the warranty.
    OK, thank you, I did not look in there. I will show that to the HD owner, and he knows a CAN-AM dealer so he could set the person up with them if they need help.
    Thank you for the info.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionfool View Post
    I will be trading in my Spyder RT Limited for a 2013 Anniversary Tri Glide. I have wanted one since they started the hype last fall.Loved the test ride on equal 2013 Tri Glide demo, and loved the comfort. I am long legged so it was a perfect fit, and the ride was impressive, we took for a 200 mile ride on Saturday. I was shocked the ride was as smooth as it was, and had the wife on with very rough roads.
    Congrats on the new member of the family, looking good................
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buttsy View Post
    Congrats on the new member of the family, looking good................
    Thank you, we are very excited parents. The wife is already shopping for clothes for the little guy. I ofcoarse am going to be purchasing lots of toy for him. Already have $3,400 in accessories ordered and will be installed by dealer at no cost.

Spyder Garage

Is the fusionfool name from Polaris fusion?
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    Is the fusionfool name from Polaris fusion?
    Yes, name was derived from the 2006 Polaris Fusion 600HO, and became my screen name on the JohnDee.com site. It stuck, and so goes the story.
    Now ride Yamaha's

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you, we are very excited parents. The wife is already shopping for clothes for the little guy. I ofcoarse am going to be purchasing lots of toy for him. Already have $3,400 in accessories ordered and will be installed by dealer at no cost.
    Check out ; tGLIDE Stuff .com., Dennis is great guy and his lift brackets are the best addition you can add to the Tri,
    I have them on my Tri for over a year.

arntufun

Don't forget to purchase leather chaps, vests, chain wallet and doo rags ..... It's a golden rule to look the part when you own a HD.

Only with ya, on that purchase.
    Last edited by arntufun; 06-11-2013 at 09:58 AM.

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Default Could not pass this opportunity up.

Congrats on the new ride! We rode one and I liked it, but the ride was "stiff" so I think the suspension on the demo wasn't set quite right.

And Randy,,, ouch!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You're going to have to lay some pictures on us...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I will post actual pictures, when I get the Tri next week. Had to have it delivered from another dealer quite a distance away. Not many Anniversary Editions left. That is why I am so excited. Took a while to first to come to terms with a deal we could both live with, then even longer to find the only option I was willing to take. It had to be the Anniversary Edition or I was not moving from the Spyder. I will come back here and let the group know what I think, and share some pics with all the farkels. I am not doing a lot of cosmetic farkels though since it is an Anniversary bike. Just the functional stuff.

As for Randy's comment:
    I never got rid of the leather chaps, vests, chain wallet and doo rags. Good to go there. You forgot the club chapter leather jacket, Harley Davidson Boots, and the attitude. Still have all of those as well

arntufun

I will post actual pictures, when I get the Tri next week. Had to have it delivered from another dealer quite a distance away. Not many Anniversary Editions left. That is why I am so excited. Took a while to first to come to terms with a deal we could both live with, then even longer to find the only option I was willing to take. It had to be the Anniversary Edition or I was not moving from the Spyder. I will come back here and let the group know what I think, and share some pics with all the farkels. I am not doing a lot of cosmetic farkels though since it is an Anniversary bike. Just the functional stuff.

As for Randy's comment:
    I never got rid of the leather chaps, vests, chain wallet and doo rags. Good to go there. You forgot the club chapter leather jacket, Harley Davidson Boots, and the attitude. Still have all of those as well

Thanks for having a good sense of humor !!!!!

oil leak.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Thanks for having a good sense of humor !!!!!

oil leak.jpg
    Helps keep the garage dust down.
    Funny thing is I said to the Dealer, I suppose all the days of oil on the grarge floor are gone. He said, and I quote; "Well the most of them". They will take care of me. I know and trust this dealer.

Spyder Garage

Congratulations on your new ride. And yes, it's nice to dress up on the "dark side" once in awhile. I still leatherup when I ride about 50% of the time.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default HD / Spyder compared

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I wanted to wait until we had some miles to compare before posting. We picted up the HD on Thursday and took some side by side pictures.

IMG_20130620_193249.jpgIMG_20130620_193236.jpg

We rode 450 miles this weekend on the HD. The wife loves the extra space she has in the passenger seat. I love the ability to ride comfortable leg placement, and the over all ergonomics of the HD. The ride is only a bit rougher at slower speeds on potholed roads, still not bad, and we knew that going in to the trade. The Spyder air ride is Superior at smoothing out slow speed pothole bumps. The HD shines when it comes to highway speed, and interstate riding. The bike is rock sold at all speeds, but especially Superior at 65+ interstate riding. As to cornering, I never pushed the Spyder real hard in the turns, nor did I with the HD. Over all I do not have any more fear of lifting a rear tire, than I did of lifting a front tire on the Spyder. First full tank of fuel on the HD we got 34.5 mpg and 33 on the second full tank. It was very windy with head wind on second tank.
    Stereo is far superior on the HD. I like that it has 3 setting speaker control. You can have just headset, NAV, CB, intercom to headset and XM to the stereo, or all to stereo.
    Over all very happy, and still love the Spyder, but for my riding style, elated with the HD.
    IMG_20130623_142347.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default MSRP ?

I will be trading in my Spyder RT Limited for a 2013 Anniversary Tri Glide. I have wanted one since they started the hype last fall....
    13_FLHTCUTGAE_R-Tri-Glide-Ultra-Classic.jpg
    I am curious as to what the MSRP is for an HD 2013 Anniversary Tri Glide ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's a real good-looking ride!
    Are you going to track down a "Wild Hogs" patch for the back of your vests?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Remember now that you've gone over to the dark side keep you hands in your pockets now no waving allowed!
    congratulations on the new ride! Be careful and don't be a stranger here!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Stick around and give us reports, "From the Dark Side..."

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    I am curious as to what the MSRP is for an HD 2013 Anniversary Tri Glide ?
    $33,499 for the Anniversary Edition, comes Broze / Black Bronze metalic, fully badged out 110 Anniversary, security system, travel rack on the tour pack, fog lights CB/intercom/AM/FM/CD Harmen Karden stereo.
    Standard Tri Glide starts at $30,999 Vivid Black, and 32,349 for two tone.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    Remember now that you've gone over to the dark side keep you hands in your pockets now no waving allowed!
    congratulations on the new ride! Be careful and don't be a stranger here!
    Met a lot of nice people here, and never discriminate bike for a wave. Saw at least 3 Spyders, and waved to every one of them. 1 did not wave back. Hmmmm maybe he did not like HD's

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

He was trying to change the radio preset... or cancel a turnsignal!