Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default I'm so mad at myself. May have to be in hospital for back surgery ....

AVOID surgery if at all possible. I have had 5-major back surgeries and post-op physical therapy was tough! Now I am loaded with hardware and an internal pulse generator (fancy name for pace maker type of battery) for "pain management". Ortho guys are great with bone defects but if yours is neurological - go see a neurologist too given you are loosing strength and feeling. Also, you may want to go see someone who specializes in Spinal Cord Stimulators for pain management. Hope this helps & Good Luck!

-Mike
    <Sent using Tapatalk>

Spyder Garage

Default Re: I'm so mad at myself. May have to be in hospital for back surgery ....

Well I have good news and some bad. Dr said he didn't have a problem with me going to Maggie Valley. The bad news is he said that there was an additional area that was affected now. However they were just going to managed it with with epidural injections and Flexeril and other meds.

He said the thigh muscle would come back soon. The main thing was for me to loose some more weight.

He said as long as I continued to loose weight I would get closer to (A.) Getting the pressure off of my back and it wouldn't hurt. (B.) I could actually have surgury to relieve the problem areas.

I weighed 373 at Christmas and now I weigh 331.

So with that being said I think I'm still on for Maggie Valley. I wont be running any marathons but I will get to ride and meet everyone.
    Ill probably have a limp in my step but I shouldn't be hurting.

Dr Prevost is a nice guy. He asked me what I was going to be riding and I told him a sypder and he started asking about it. I knew i honestly couldn't manage a motorcycle because of my thigh but I can manage the trike. And like he said my thigh muscle will get better in the next few days.

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammer issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen!

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Good!

"I weighed 373 at Christmas and now I weigh 331. "You are on the way to better health, my friend. Enjoy the 'gathering'. Looking for more posts in the future that are as positive as well.
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

I feel for you and know what your going through. I know it can be discouraging and at times down right depressing. I just had back surgery three weeks ago and I'm now in recovery mode. The pain is gone in my left leg but, It's the strength that needs to come back. I'm doing some physical therapy and will be following up with the surgeon that did the surgery July 2nd and hope to be back to work shortly after that. I've had a bad case of sciatic pain in my left leg which started around Christmas time. I tried chiropractic care, spinal injections and some ongoing physical therapy but in the end I needed surgery to resolve my issue which was bone spurs pinching the nerve. I've missed out on some rides that I was hoping to go to this year myself. I couldn't do the Americade for one. Most all of my snowmobiling was also halted this past winter as well. All I can say is try to stay positive and you will get to go to more ride meets again. For now just take care of yourself.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: I'm so mad at myself. May have to be in hospital for back surgery ....

Woke up this morning to a better day. My left leg has woke up a lot since yesterday. I also have no back pain. All i really have is that charlie horse kinda feeling in my thigh muscle when I try to walk. I am so freaking glad it is better.

Last night a couple of my friends came by and helped me finish puttting the clamps on the trailer. So that is handled.

I told everyone I work for that I was going to be off this whole week so I am headed out to my garage to finish buttoning up the ST and I'm going to pull the RT on the lift and intall the belt tensioner and a surprise part from BahaRon.

I hope all is going well with Lamosnster family.

By the way, I wanted to say thanks to everyone for the words of encouragment and great info.

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammer issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen!

Spyder Garage

Default Similar issue

I have had a similar problem for about 6 years now, but my issue is caused by constant seating at work and spending hours on planes. I ended up doing a MRI few years ago to learn that L6 and L7 are shifted and are almost side by side to each other. I panicked and went for the MRI when my left leg start getting numb, as yours, but I also had pain shooting up my backside and into my neck. What helps is stretching at the chiropractor. They have a table that you lay on and they tie your upper and lower body and then open the table and slowly stretch you. I started with 125Lb of pull and up to 180lb now. Helps, but literally just for few weeks. Good luck to you!

2012 RS SE - White. Sport rack with Backrest, ISCI Armrests, Two Brothers Exhaust