Spyder Garage

Default MAINTENANCE PLAN

WHATS THE DIFFERENCE IN MAINTENACE PLAN AND WARRANTY & IS IT WISE TO GET THE MAINTNACE PLAN??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Some people have purchased maintenance plans that pay for scheduled services for a certain period of time ie 600 mile service, oi changes etc. The extended warranty covers you after the initial 2 year warranty expires. You would need ot have the details of the maintenance plan laid out for you so you could do more research on the costs for these services if you paid for them on an as you go basis.

I did not purchase a maintenance plan.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'd say a warrentee is vital and you should get as long a warrentee as possible but the maintence plan is just pay now for work later. I'd just pay as I go unless there is a big discount savings.

Spyder Garage

Default MAINTNANCE PLAN

THANX THEY WANT $1900 THEY CLIAM IS SAVE $4000-$5000

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Some people have purchased maintenance plans that pay for scheduled services for a certain period of time ie 600 mile service, oi changes etc. The extended warranty covers you after the initial 2 year warranty expires. You would need ot have the details of the maintenance plan laid out for you so you could do more research on the costs for these services if you paid for them on an as you go basis.

I did not purchase a maintenance plan.

Spyder Garage

Default MAINTENANCE PLAN

THANX THEY WANT $1900 THEY CLIAM IS SAVE $4000-$5000

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    I'd say a warrentee is vital and you should get as long a warrentee as possible but the maintence plan is just pay now for work later. I'd just pay as I go unless there is a big discount savings.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: MAINTENANCE PLAN

We got the maintenance plan for the wifes RTS. It covered the 600 mi and 3 more services. I made sure I could choose which service. So I did the 3K and let the dealer to the rest of them up to date. The next one is the 14,500 mile service that is big $$$. And I asked before I agreed to it. For us it saved us over $1K on the services but I would question how much you will be riding and can you take advantage of it. The dealer is counting on you not getting alot of miles and only having to do the lesser of scheduled maintenance for the Spyder. I would just do your research before you decide on how much the services cost in your area. You might find out that it will only save you a few $$$.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Default Maintenance plan

Is the extended warranty included in the $1900. The 3year BEST warranty usually costs about $900. What is the dealers labor rate and what services are covered and for how long? All of these questions will help you decide the true value of the maintenance plan.
    IMO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEYG View Post
    WHATS THE DIFFERENCE IN MAINTENACE PLAN AND WARRANTY & IS IT WISE TO GET THE MAINTNACE PLAN??

For the $1900 you mentioned how many service appointments do you get, and for what length of time?

When I got my maintenance plan it cost $2600 for 3 maintenance coverages each year.
    I put 15-18K miles on the bike each year. I used the plan on every other oil change
    which was the big one where they change the plugs and once a year on the major check.
    The oil changes were approx. $200+ each time, the Majors were approx. $900+ with valve
    check.( If the valves were out of compliance) it was covered.

So in the course of a year I had 4- 5 oil changes of which I paid out of pocket for the two minor ones.

Now BRP has extended the oil change frequency from 3K miles to 4600 miles

Over with out the plan would have cost a minimum of $3900 vs what I paid $2600, so I was ahead of the game by $1300

If you are not putting on the miles, or the dealership is far away from you, or you
    don't like the service you receive, then don't get it, cuz you can only use it at that
    dealership.
    For myself it was the right thing to do. I have the opportunity now that my maintenance
    plan expired to renew it (just an insurance policy the dealer gets reimbursed from),
    the price on renewal is $2900, and with the possibility I may get a new Spyder in the
    next 3 years, I and the extended service intervals I did not take the plan.

I do have an extended warranty on the bike for 7 years that cost me 1K at purchase.
    Used it only once so far. It was offered by Western Ins, with no deductible, however
    next time I will purchase the one from BRP.

Some dealerships don't offer this maintenance plan. Mine did because they keep the
    business coming in but probably get reimbursed at a lower rate from the insurance company.

I tried to get Berts Mega Mall (Supporting vendor)to offer the maintenance plan, but they don't,
    they do have very competitive BRP warranty plans, that are good at all BRP dealerships.

Spyder Garage

Default MAINTENANCE PLAN

I HUMBLY APOLOGIZE 4 JUST GETTING BAC 2 U. IM NOT ON THIS SITE AS MUCH AS I NEED TO. THE PLAN I BROUGH COVERED 3YRS UP TO 5 SERVICES A YR. MOST IMPORTANT IS TO MAKE SURE USE USE THEM ALL. THE NEW MILLAGE EXTENXSION WORKED TO MY FAVOR. IM COMING UP ON MY 14,OOO SERVICE WHICH IS THE FIRST BIG 1 & THAT WILL BE FREE.

Spyder Garage

BRP no longer offers the prepaid maintenance plans. Has not since last fall. Extended warranty out to 5 yrs only.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I am on my second dealer maintenance plan and, for me, it has been worth it. The first plan paid for 6 services - 4 'minor' and 2 'major' in two years. Since I was logging a lot of miles I used those services up in 14 months! My second plan covers more service - unlimited - for 2 years and also includes tire and brake replacement.

The good news is that I have had the tires replaced so that saved $350 right there. I have also had a major service done (valve inspection and rear bearing service) which is over $700 so the plan is still paying for itself. The bad news is that I also own a Vulcan 900 which I have ridden almost daily since September so I am not putting near as many miles on the Spyder as before.

I have a BEST warranty so I'm set and will probably not get another maintenance plan when this one is expired - unless I start riding the Spyder more in the future. I have a 2011 that has 34,000 miles so it is well broken in ...
    Bill
    Pride Runs Deep Semper Tacitus

An armed man is a Citizen; an unarmed man is a subject....

2017 F3 T SE6
    2015 Vulcan Vaquero ABS
    ALR Chapter 401 (Hilliard FL)
    GA & FL Patriot Guard

Spyder Garage

Another side to the maintenance plan is will you have the money later when service is needed. If not and you have the money now it may be worth it to pay now and have the peace of mind that when you need service it is paid for. I know that was one of the deciding factors for my deciding on getting a service plan. I had some cash when I got my new 2013 rs that I would not have later.
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.