Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We cannot stop burglar,thieves unless thy're dead. or we can slow them down by having alarms, surveillance

camera. I installed a lot of cameras around my house even most of them are duds. Strange dogs don't

even try to get closes to my property. I have a warning signs "BEWARE DOG BITES" and "

"HOUSE OWNER BITE DOGS"
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If it appeared that they targeted the firearms; could it be that they knew what to look for?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Had 2 break-ins in 2 years. First one, the guns, tv and a lot of rc cars/helicopters taken.
    The second one, I was home in the back of the house, they got in the garage and stole my atv. I really hate thieves. Sorry you had to go thru this. My place is now like Fort knox, cameras, motion sensors, audio recording etc. Taught my Furby to be a lookout for me too.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Robbery

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Well yesterday started off great we had made plans to ride with a Spyder owner from Grand Junction, CO and his wife who are visiting Las Vegas. Joe and I and our Spyder friend Robin met Brent & Staci in the morning and we had a nice but hot ride through Red Rock Conservation area then lunch in Bonnie Springs. It was really nice to meet them and I hope they enjoy the rest of their trip.

We left them in the afternoon and went home and after dinner we took our dogs to the dog park around 9:00 pm like we do most every night. We got back home around 10:30 to find that our house had been ransacked and robbed. They had probably been watching our house and knew our habits and that we had guns. Or maybe they were just lucky. They made a real mess emptying out all of our dresser drawers and dumping everything on the floor in the closets. I wish they would have realized that I just have clothes in my drawers and closets!

I had the same thing happen to me. I used to live in Levittown and would come to my mothers house in a small town called Nanticoke PA to hunt deer for a week of vacation. My neighbor had a key to our house and nothing was bothered. In the local pa per there was an article that said if you are going away. notify the local police and they would watch your house on there runs at night. On Monday morning our neighbor checked our house and there was a window smashed in our bedroom. That is how they got in. I had to cancel mt deer hunting and come home. Not saying the police had anything with it BUT.ssssssssssssss theretehere aaaaaaa wwwwwwwddddddd Ooooour neighbor MMMMMmmmmO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We had warranty work done on our house a couple weeks ago and those workers would have been able to tell that we had guns. Our dogs are good alarms but they were with us. I think we will start leaving 2 dogs at home and invest in some cameras.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

As with all the others, I'm very sorry to read about the thefts. Happened twice to us, the first time they got my wife's engagement ring & we had only been married a year.

I am against capital punishment but if I had a gun & caught people in my house I'm pretty darn sure I would shoot the b**tards.

Hope the insurance claim goes smoothly.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Also very sorry to hear this! We got robbed last year, didn't get much as we came home and they headed out the back, but they knew what we had . New alarm system, IP camera, bars on the windows. It is like Fort Knox which is sad because we live in the country, but we have to protect ourselves.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

As was said sorry just doesn't cover this territory. Glad you and your spouse were not physically injured. "Stuff" can be replaced; you and a loved one can't!!! Glad you're both alright
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

We had warranty work done on our house a couple weeks ago and those workers would have been able to tell that we had guns. Our dogs are good alarms but they were with us. I think we will start leaving 2 dogs at home and invest in some cameras.
    Did you have a gun safe?
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flaggerphil View Post
    Did you have a gun safe?
    Sadly we did not. My husband has been wanting one but it wasn't in the budget.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Boy That SUCKS

That happened to us as well found out who it was our neighbors kid...
    my kid was the same age as him and he kicked his A*# but good, just before
    the police arrived and took him to the slam....

Well yesterday started off great we had made plans to ride with a Spyder owner from Grand Junction, CO and his wife who are visiting Las Vegas. Joe and I and our Spyder friend Robin met Brent & Staci in the morning and we had a nice but hot ride through Red Rock Conservation area then lunch in Bonnie Springs. It was really nice to meet them and I hope they enjoy the rest of their trip.

We left them in the afternoon and went home and after dinner we took our dogs to the dog park around 9:00 pm like we do most every night. We got back home around 10:30 to find that our house had been ransacked and robbed. They had probably been watching our house and knew our habits and that we had guns. Or maybe they were just lucky. They made a real mess emptying out all of our dresser drawers and dumping everything on the floor in the closets. I wish they would have realized that I just have clothes in my drawers and closets!

Spyder Garage

Sure sorry to hear about this. Been there... it sucks.

So guns were stolen? I absolutely hate to hear when that happens.... and it happens a lot. Now those guns will be used for other crimes... sold on the black market, etc.

No offense... but I really wish it was law that guns have to be properly locked up when you're away from them. I think that's only reasonable.

I had some gun safety instructors that went to a restaurant next to my business right after a training class... left the guns in the car and they were stolen while they ate.

Things can be replaced, but it is difficult to regain a sense of security under such circumstances. Sure glad neither of you or your dogs were hurt. I've always felt a good big dog is a great deterrent... but then you risk them getting hurt.

Good luck with your settlement and re-securing your house!

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don't know much about guns other than they go boom but are thieves less inclined to take guns with trigger locks on them? I know many Spyder owners carry concealed weapons with or without a permit. And I can understand their reasons. I am considering getting a firearm in the future myself. America is not in Pleasantville any longer.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

Default Made new friends then we got robbed

Actually crime is much lower then back in the so-called 'good old days'.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Firefly;635507]Actually crime is much lower then back in the so-called 'good old days'.[/QUOTE

It is? I googled up crime stats and found http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

While it is true crime has been declining for the past 20 years, the time of Pleasantville was probably late 50s early 60s if not earlier. Murder today or 2011 is a little lower but look at rape! Three times higher!

Someone once told me the spark for the higher crime rate was the Kennedy assassination. I was 12 then. Six years later, or when the late Boomers were graduating, Vietnam was the daily headline. Look at those stats. It lasted a generation.

I expect this thread to be moved but I like a good conversation without too much debate.
    Last edited by Desert Spyder; 06-06-2013 at 11:01 PM.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Made new friends then we got robbed

I'll send you a PM if your want to discuss my crime stats statement more.
    I don't want to derail this thread any more than I have.

Sure hope they can find these punks that broke into their house. Many, if not most burglaries are done by someone the family has had contact with. In this case, I sure would suspect some of the construction workers!

Spyder Garage

wow.... that totally sucks...

hope there wasnt much damage....

its so amazing what some people do........
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'll send you a PM if your want to discuss my crime stats statement more.
    I don't want to derail this thread any more than I have.

Sure hope they can find these punks that broke into their house. Many, if not most burglaries are done by someone the family has had contact with. In this case, I sure would suspect some of the construction workers!
    Definitely not a random burglary. I believe Ann and Joe knows or have seen the perps.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default The bad guys were either in recent contact, or followed them from the shooting range.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Spyder View Post
    Definitely not a random burglary. I believe Ann and Joe knows or have seen the perps.

When I was broke in I was sitting on my couch waiting for my wife to get the kids ready so we could go to the store. Watched a guy ride is bicycle down the street, and thought that was strange since he was older, and people riding bicycles was very rare for that area. Even kids did not ride their bikes in the street.

Left about 10 minutes later to go to the store, came back about 45 minutes later, wife started making lunch, and I notice file cabinet busted into. Did not get much, but still. While waiting for the police to come I talked to my neighbor across the street, and she said she saw this same guy on the bicycle come up to the front door, knock, and go around to the side door (we used it as the front entrance since next to garage). She did not bother to watch any more than that. He knew we had left as our car was gone.

Ask the neighbors, I would bet someone saw them, but thought nothing of it. Just like my neighbor did not think nothing of it, figured it was someone I knew, as he acted like he belonged there.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I talked to a next door neighbor yesterday and he said that he was out watering his flowers late one evening and he noticed a car that circled the neighborhood. He thought it was odd and he even thought about calling the police but he didn't.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

7 Handguns, 1 Rifle and a ton of ammo along with 3 backpacks to haul off the goods in. All the guns were registered so that helps a lot. I know that our insurance covers guns up to $10,000 but I'm not sure what the answer to Bob's question is.
    and we do have replacement cost coverage.

On the bright side my closets are now organized again!
    Did you happen to have the firearms secured? EDIT--- I see now that you didn't.
    Last edited by WackyDan; 06-07-2013 at 10:58 PM.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Spyder View Post
    I don't know much about guns other than they go boom but are thieves less inclined to take guns with trigger locks on them? I know many Spyder owners carry concealed weapons with or without a permit. And I can understand their reasons. I am considering getting a firearm in the future myself. America is not in Pleasantville any longer.
    Trigger locks do not prevent theft. They are designed to prevent accidental/unintended discharge ( which should never be called an accident anyway). You'd be amazed how easy it is to remove the trigger lock with some hand tools.

That said, even some gun safes aren't all that secure but the point is to buy your valuables time and the more hassle a thief has to go through the less likely he/she will attempt to bust open your safe. This video is a bit over the top, but you get the idea - Some have suggested it is worth more in the long run to build a hidden closet/access door into your house as a far better form of security from theft. Just don't be like my brother... Who insists that the lock on his front door constitutes the security of his firearms .

Don't mean to derail the thread... but it can be the source of good advice for others who have not had the misfortune of being robbed - YET.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We will be buying a gun safe upon our return from Maggie Valley in the meantime the guns and ammo that they didn't get have been relocated to a friend's house.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don't think it is a coincidence at all that this occurred the day after school got out for the summer.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arr MiHardies View Post
    I don't think it is a coincidence at all that this occurred the day after school got out for the summer.
    before

Justin it happened the day before school got out and I really don't think it was kids. They were very methodical even the cop figures they were pros.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622