Spyder Garage

Question Anyone with Ultimate Seat and Fuel Door?

I ordered an Ultimate Seat with the fuel door for my wife's RT. We received it today. There is a gap between the fuel door and the seat. I've attached a picture looking down from the top of the seat. You can see the light where I am shinning a flashlight underneath the seat.

If you have this seat configuration is your built like this? Is this supposed to be like this?

photo.JPG

Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate Seat

Quote Originally Posted by viiiball View Post
    I ordered an Ultimate Seat with the fuel door for my wife's RT. We received it today. There is a gap between the fuel door and the seat. I've attached a picture looking down from the top of the seat. You can see the light where I am shinning a flashlight underneath the seat.

If you have this seat configuration is your built like this? Is this supposed to be like this?

photo.JPG
    Don't know, but if it were me I'd send it to Des at Ultimate and ask him. He's a square guy. Let us know what you find out.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StillKickin View Post
    Don't know, but if it were me I'd send it to Des at Ultimate and ask him. He's a square guy. Let us know what you find out.
    I've emailed him on this. But I did email him some questions a few days ago and I have yet to get a response.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Does not look right I'd send it back for them to check it out.

Spyder Garage

I have one but there is no gaps like that one in the photo I would call and let them know that you can ride with a seat like that heat will start. to come through the gap .

MODS:
    RT RIDER FLOORBOARDS PART #SPY-RT-FB
    Diamond R, Passenger Armrest for Can-Am Spyder RT
    CAN AM SPYDER RT/RTS/LTD CATALYTIC
    CONVERTER SHIELD SET
    CAN AM SPYDER RT/RTS/LTD RADIATOR BLOCK OFF PLATE
    SHORTEE Antennas 2011Can Am Spyder RT
    Flag mount for trailer hitch
    LED arrow turn single lights for mirrors
    IPS Key Cover
    FH400 License Plate Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit - Can-Am Spy RT
    Hopnel Windshield Pouch - CanAm Spyder
    Can Am BRP (RTS) Spyder Graphic Kit with Trim Kit

Registered Users Grandpa Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NO Gap Here

I have one no gap anywhere very tight
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S
    May God Bless All Of those Who Serve Our Country

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate with fuel door

I have the Ultimate seat (tall Boy) with fuel door , and yes there is a gap on the door side. But I love the seat and the comfort , and I do like the fact you do not have to lift the seat to fuel up. Plus even though I live in New York and there is not a lot of heat here, that has not been a problem. So Over all I would not be with out riding with that seat because of the gap. I guess I saw it before but on the grand scale it did not matter to me. The seat is that much better for me than the stock seat was. PS anyone want to buy a stock seat ?
    Last edited by Yelhelp; 06-05-2013 at 05:16 AM.

Spyder Garage

I got one at spyderfest this year. The 800 miles ride home told me I made a good investment. Have not notice any gaps around the fuel door. I think the door is screwed on see if it can be tighten.

Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate Fuel Door

photo.JPG
    viiiball,
    Please check to see if any of the bolts on the fuel door are loose. Please call customer service if you're still having an issue at 877-672-0288.

I've emailed him on this. But I did email him some questions a few days ago and I have yet to get a response.
    Des is at Americade in Lake George, NY. Not saying as an excuse, but I know that e-mail access is limited for him and they have been extremely busy. Again, please call the Fl store for support if it's needed.

Best-
    www.ultimateseats.com
    877-672-0288
    348 Destination Daytona Lane
    Ormond Beach, FL 32174

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Got an ultimate seat with fuel door at spyderfest and have been satisfied with it. There are no gaps in it. With the door, you can't insert the fueling nozzle in as deeply as if you just raise the seat- which prevents topping off as much as I usually do. On a trip when I need to max out at fuel stops I am raising the seat to get more in the tank, but around town I typically use the door. What has been your experience with fueling?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by muonwhiz View Post
    What has been your experience with fueling?
    I received it yesterday from UPS and did a thorough inspection as Ultimate has only a 14 day return period. During this inspection was when I observed the gap. So I have not installed it yet while I determine if I am going to keep the seat hence no experience with fueling.

I did receive a response from Des today who told me that this was typical and only a part had not been painted. As one poster said earlier my largest concern is now there is a pathway for heat to come up on the legs from inside the bike. I may install it tonight and let the wife take it out for a ride tomorrow and see how the heat issue is.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Seats View Post
    viiiball,
    Please check to see if any of the bolts on the fuel door are loose.
    None of the bolts are loose. I already checked that. The fuel door assembly is very tight against the seat. Looks like the seat and the fuel door just don't mesh at that one point. Looks like the seat just isn't flat enough in that one area. As I posted in the post above my big concern is heat coming through that gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Seats View Post
    Des is at Americade in Lake George, NY. Not saying as an excuse, but I know that e-mail access is limited for him and they have been extremely busy. Again, please call the Fl store for support if it's needed.
    I did receive a reply from Des this morning on this issue. I will call FL once I've decided how to proceed. Thanks
    Last edited by viiiball; 06-05-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Spyder Garage

Upon further inspection what is causing this small gap is a horseshoe shaped piece of metal that is used as a stopping plate for the fuel door. As Des told me in his email response, this appears to be normal. Seat will get installed tomorrow morning. We leave Saturday to head south and eventually see you all in Maggie Valley.