Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Seal FloorBoards

I purchased some Seal FloorBoards the other day for my 2011 Spyder RT-S. I was pleasantly surprised at how heavy and sturdy they were when I opened the box they were delivered in. All the components were there, as well as detailed installation instructions. It didn't take me long to install them, and they are just want I wanted. Looking forward to putting many comfortable miles on "Trinity" know that I have these Seal FloorBoards.

Spyder Garage

You will like them a lot. Both our 's are equipped with them.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redbirdz66 View Post
    I purchased some Seal FloorBoards the other day for my 2011 Spyder RT-S. I was pleasantly surprised at how heavy and sturdy they were when I opened the box they were delivered in. All the components were there, as well as detailed installation instructions. It didn't take me long to install them, and they are just want I wanted. Looking forward to putting many comfortable miles on "Trinity" know that I have these Seal FloorBoards.
    Always a pleasure to hear from another satisfied customer. It was a pleasure working with you. Now, get out there and.......

Ride in comfort,
    John
    Seal Floorboards

Spyder Garage

Lots of compliments on my seal floorboards. They let me move my feet all around. Love Them!!
    Vickie Trumbetic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

John,
    Who gets more Postive Press in here: you; or Ron?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls Texas
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    John,
    Who gets more Postive Press in here: you; or Ron?
    I think it's about equal. Two of the absolute best mods.
    Do things like your life depends on it. It COULD!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We're actually blessed with an awf8l lot of great vendors; and friends!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Love my seals pups great mod!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

We're actually blessed with an awf8l lot of great vendors; and friends!
    Hey Bob,

You are so right. We do have great venders. However, good press is the RESULT of paying attention and great customer service. There's no substitute for it. Let's not forget Reggy when we think of positive press.

Ride in comfort,
    John
    Seal Floorboards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    Love my seals pups great mod!

Seal Pups ROCK.

Cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Seal Pups ROCK.

Cruzr joe
    Maybe you need a new sway bar, Just kidding!

Spyder Garage

Everytime I mention how great the seal floorboards are to the boss (my wife), she tells me "I still don't have your list".

(I have a birthday coming up in a couple months)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FlaBound View Post
    Everytime I mention how great the seal floorboards are to the boss (my wife), she tells me "I still don't have your list".

(I have a birthday coming up in a couple months)
    Ok, so what's the hold-up? It's time to......

Ride in comfort,
    John
    Seal Floorboards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post

Ride in comfort,
    John
    Seal Floorboards
    I'm so tempted to give you her cell#
    But...better late than never.
    I've learned looking forward to things, is half the fun.

Good Lord willing,and the creek don't rise
    We'll be in touch

Spyder Garage

Default I agree.....think my dealer does too!!

After playing with another brand , I got full length Seal Floorboards for my RT Limited. The comfort was great & when I combined this with a new comfort seat I was in heaven.

Just got my Spyder back from the dealer for routine maintenance & he couldn't have been more impressed. I would be surprised if he starts carrying them in his inventory.

These are the best investment I've made since buying my Ryde.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Background

I have been riding motorcycle since 1976 all 2 wheelers until the Spyder RT-S SE5 In Dec 2010

Due to a disability I have never been able to use my left leg without the aid of a calliper I was always concerned about how to keep my foot on the LHS Footrest and modified the LHS Footrest with a stop to ensure my left leg would not slide off

I did modify the Spyders LHS Footrest in the same way (See Photo in Album Gallery)

Many had posted about floorboards and this looked like they would my give me more room

I purchased a set of Front and Rear floorboards from Inspector Gadget and they were excellent but I just felt I needed a little more width – Just over the standard width of the OEM Footrests

Having seen photos of the Seal Floorboards and noticed they were about 10” wide decided to order a set from John

I contacted John and he was able to post them to the UK

Within 3 weeks they arrived and I fitted them

I made some changes to the fittings as I like Stainless steel nuts, bolts , & washer etc

I advised John of the Changes just for his info

John

Ref the Seal Floorboards

Fitted them yesterday - Very easy to do and follow your instructions

I did make some changes to the fittings as I like to use Stainless Steel Nuts, Bolts etc

This is what I used on each side

For the Front Fitting

For the main footrest fixture - Some foam rubber under the floorboard - I used 2 x M6 45mm Stainless Steel Hexagon Flanged bolts + S/S Washer for the top and under the Seal Floorboard - S/S Washers under the weights and S/S nylock nuts & Dome Nuts to cover the threads and prevent dirt getting in

For the Rear fitting I used

1 x M8 40mm Flanged S/S Bolt 3 S/S Washers 1 rubber washer 1 Nyloc nut and a S/S Dome nut and foam rubber on the L shaped bracket under the Seal Floorboards
    I Put the M8 Bolts + 1 S/S Washer in from the outside so the head will show and this goes against the L Shaped bracket - after the bracket goes the rubber washer then a S/S washer this goes against the rear passenger footrest on the other side goes another S/S Washer the Nyloc nut and the S/S Dome nut to cover the threads as this bolt is on the inside and this will prevent an dirt getting in

To attach the rear Seal Floorboard I used 1 x M6 30mm Flanged S/S Bolt & S/S Penny washer – Foam Rubber under the Seal Floorboard on top of the L shaped bracket and underneath the L Shaped bracket a Rubber washer and a Large diameter S/S Washer secured by a Nyloc nut and again S/S Dome nut to cover the bolt threads to stop any dirt getting in

Notes

Foam Rubber strip used Black - 50mm wide and 3mm Thick
    This is a closed cell self adhesive Strip – Ideal for isolating from vibration
    It is the closed cell type foam rubber which will not absorb water,

I kept the Rear Inspector Gadget footrest as they are a much better match than the OEM rear footrest inserts and are of the same quality as the Seal Floorboards

View the pictures with reference to the above in my Album gallery

See - http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/a...p?albumid=2903

I have only been out on a couple of trips now and found the Seal Floorboards are excellent and agree with all the positive comments posted on them by other members these will be a great asset when on long trips as they allow me to move my feet around and they have forward footrest built in
    I have not had to modify them with reference to my left leg disability as with the extra width my foot remains firmly planted on the Seal Floorboard

I was so pleased John was able to supply them to me in the UK
    If I am asked for info on them I will advise them of his website and will recommend they get in contact with him
    I can't thank John enough for the excellent Product & Service you provided me with

Very happy to recommend the Seal Floorboards to all

Thanks John
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Looking good Eddie, I checked out your pics and must say you do a great job of providing very viewable pics. I was wondering though what the reasoning behind the foam is? It seems to me that it would possibly allow the screws and Seal Floorboards to move possibly causing extra wear on the fittings.
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    Background

I have been riding motorcycle since 1976 all 2 wheelers until the Spyder RT-S SE5 In Dec 2010

Due to a disability I have never been able to use my left leg without the aid of a calliper I was always concerned about how to keep my foot on the LHS Footrest and modified the LHS Footrest with a stop to ensure my left leg would not slide off

I did modify the Spyders LHS Footrest in the same way (See Photo in Album Gallery)

Many had posted about floorboards and this looked like they would my give me more room

I purchased a set of Front and Rear floorboards from Inspector Gadget and they were excellent but I just felt I needed a little more width – Just over the standard width of the OEM Footrests

Having seen photos of the Seal Floorboards and noticed they were about 10” wide decided to order a set from John

I contacted John and he was able to post them to the UK

Within 3 weeks they arrived and I fitted them

I made some changes to the fittings as I like Stainless steel nuts, bolts , & washer etc

I advised John of the Changes just for his info

John

Ref the Seal Floorboards

Fitted them yesterday - Very easy to do and follow your instructions

I did make some changes to the fittings as I like to use Stainless Steel Nuts, Bolts etc

This is what I used on each side

For the Front Fitting

For the main footrest fixture - Some foam rubber under the floorboard - I used 2 x M6 45mm Stainless Steel Hexagon Flanged bolts + S/S Washer for the top and under the Seal Floorboard - S/S Washers under the weights and S/S nylock nuts & Dome Nuts to cover the threads and prevent dirt getting in

For the Rear fitting I used

1 x M8 40mm Flanged S/S Bolt 3 S/S Washers 1 rubber washer 1 Nyloc nut and a S/S Dome nut and foam rubber on the L shaped bracket under the Seal Floorboards
    I Put the M8 Bolts + 1 S/S Washer in from the outside so the head will show and this goes against the L Shaped bracket - after the bracket goes the rubber washer then a S/S washer this goes against the rear passenger footrest on the other side goes another S/S Washer the Nyloc nut and the S/S Dome nut to cover the threads as this bolt is on the inside and this will prevent an dirt getting in

To attach the rear Seal Floorboard I used 1 x M6 30mm Flanged S/S Bolt & S/S Penny washer – Foam Rubber under the Seal Floorboard on top of the L shaped bracket and underneath the L Shaped bracket a Rubber washer and a Large diameter S/S Washer secured by a Nyloc nut and again S/S Dome nut to cover the bolt threads to stop any dirt getting in

Notes

Foam Rubber strip used Black - 50mm wide and 3mm Thick
    This is a closed cell self adhesive Strip – Ideal for isolating from vibration
    It is the closed cell type foam rubber which will not absorb water,

I kept the Rear Inspector Gadget footrest as they are a much better match than the OEM rear footrest inserts and are of the same quality as the Seal Floorboards

View the pictures with reference to the above in my Album gallery

See - http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/a...p?albumid=2903

I have only been out on a couple of trips now and found the Seal Floorboards are excellent and agree with all the positive comments posted on them by other members these will be a great asset when on long trips as they allow me to move my feet around and they have forward footrest built in
    I have not had to modify them with reference to my left leg disability as with the extra width my foot remains firmly planted on the Seal Floorboard

I was so pleased John was able to supply them to me in the UK
    If I am asked for info on them I will advise them of his website and will recommend they get in contact with him
    I can't thank John enough for the excellent Product & Service you provided me with

Very happy to recommend the Seal Floorboards to all

Thanks John
    Thanks Eddie,

You did a couple of very simple changes and came up with the perfect set-up for you. Your kind of thinking is exactly what prompted me to design the Seal Floorboard in the first place.
    I loved the Spyder, but needed to improve it to fit my needs in order to......

Ride in comfort,
    John
    Seal Floorboards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RT Driver View Post
    Lots of compliments on my seal floorboards. They let me move my feet all around. Love Them!!
    Vickie, I just ordered them and look forward to installing them. Since you are so close we should get together for a ride!

Madonna
    West Springfield
    2018 RT Limited Champagne Dark

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donec View Post
    Looking good Eddie, I checked out your pics and must say you do a great job of providing very viewable pics. I was wondering though what the reasoning behind the foam is? It seems to me that it would possibly allow the screws and Seal Floorboards to move possibly causing extra wear on the fittings.

I decided to use the Foam Rubber for a couple of reasons

The Seal Floorboards will sit flat on the L shaped bracket but you will find the OEM Footrests are at a very slight angle so the Seal Floorboard will not sit flat on them the Foam Rubber fills any gap and does not allow any water to sit between the OEM Footrest and the Seal Floorboard

Foam Rubber will also take up vibration as this will stop any metal to metal contact between the Seal Floorboards and both the bracket and OEM Footrest

The use of Nyloc nuts on all bolts will ensure they remain tight and I used a lager M8 bolt on the rear fitting that goes through the rear passenger footrest hanger - No modification needed as John has drilled the hole in the bracket to allow the M8 Bolt through although it may require you just to screw it in due to the thickness of the paint used on the bracket

Hope this helps
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post

Ride in comfort,
    John
    Seal Floorboards
    Just sent you a PM...

Spyder Garage

Default Seal Floorboards

I got to tell you that my Seals for my RT are terrific, mine are the full boards, I noticed in the previous posts that no one mentioned anything about water, these things actually protect you from water splashing up because they are solid and block out any rain from getting to your legs, after getting caught riding in heavy rain before we could safley stop to dawn rainwear my lower legs were completely dry, the others in the group riding Harley's and Star Stratoliners were not so lucky, they were looking at my dry legs with envy, shoulda bought a Spyder and not a Hog!

Dave
    2011 Spyder RT Limited, drive daily (except when it's snowing)
    2012 Honda Fury VT1300
    1974 850 Norton Commando, drive daily, praying that it keeps running!
    2009 Goldwing GL1800 AD, traded in
    2009 Suzuki M109, (fast bike), traded in
    2011 Nissan Murano SL, S, ride to work

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DRTSB View Post
    I got to tell you that my Seals for my RT are terrific, mine are the full boards, I noticed in the previous posts that no one mentioned anything about water, these things actually protect you from water splashing up because they are solid and block out any rain from getting to your legs, after getting caught riding in heavy rain before we could safley stop to dawn rainwear my lower legs were completely dry, the others in the group riding Harley's and Star Stratoliners were not so lucky, they were looking at my dry legs with envy, shoulda bought a Spyder and not a Hog!

Dave
    That is a nice bonus of a large Floorboard. I can't stop the rain from falling down, but I can stop a great deal of road splash coming up. Nothing like dry feet to help me.........
    Ride in comfort,
    John
    Seal Floorboards

Spyder Garage

Default Got Em!

Brought the spyder up last night for a quick belt adjustment in between services. When I picked it up.. Seal Floor Boards were installed! My darling bride ordered them, and somehow sneaked them to the dealer, and voila. I LOVE them. Now my feet aren't always behind my knees, and I can STRETCH. Left knee was beginning to ache a bit, and I was dreading the cold blast it would get with winter riding. Plus they look cool.

Spyder Garage

Does this company still exist?