Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNur View Post
    "The manufacturer makes a good product."

Not my opinion and from the comment/complaints on this site, I, like I'm sure some others feel, is very difficult to believe.
    Actually, it's a small cross section of folks that complain, it's just that their volume is quite high. There have been a few polls on reliability, and overall happiness, and it was overwhelmingly positive.

Not everyone can be happy, but like in just about every other case in the world... the complainers do it with a higher volume than the regular customers....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well I'm curious...
    Dave,
    I fguess that I missed the story about your ordeal; what went on with your bike?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

"The manufacturer makes a good product."

Not my opinion and from the comment/complaints on this site, I, like I'm sure some others feel, is very difficult to believe.

does IL have a state LEMON Law?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    ... maybe BRP will read his post and say, "hey, we're producing some bad products... we need to fix that".... let the guy vent... companies truly want to know what their public thinks...
    Surely this is an example of hope over experience? Sure, we'd all like very much to think BRP reacts to what is posted, there is some really pertinent stuff here relating to the performance of Spyders in the hands of ordinary owners which IMHO should be heeded. Taking turn signals as an example, sadly there is NO evidence that BRP listens to its customers, if it did it would have redesigned that infuriating cancellation button that so many people, myself included, have had trouble using since day one.

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

One thing I've learned over the past 3 years of Spyder ownership is that you need to research every add on/modification that you make to the stock configuration of the roadster and how it's going to affect the performace of your ride. Many overload the electrical circuitry without looking at a requirement to boost your fuse panels and the additional drain on the battery...I'm far from an electrical genius but I learned the hard way when I attempted to have the dealership install all my modifications and they couldn't deal with it...they seldom ask about what mods you've done unless things don't go right...then they blame it on the mods affecting the computers or electrical systems so I basically spent hundreds of dollars trying to let the dealer install the mods just to have them fail and then get charged additional labor fees to uninstall the mod I was trying to install...With lots of research, much of it from this forum and guidance from the forum mentors, I was able to get every mod installed and working correctly. I realize this doesn't address problems that are associated with dealer prep. I definitely appreciate all the help that's available from members that constitute this forum and it makes my riding experience a whole lot better.

Spyder Garage

Default Regret buying this piece so crap !

To clarify my prior post:
    I am waiting for a WPM (windshield parking brake module). They (BRP) sent one and the dealer installed it, but it was defective. Now waiting on a second one. This is a part that according to the dealer never fails. Strange, two of them on my machine alone?? There was a typo in the line about naming the dealer. I am not naming it at the time because I am not convinced that this is all his fault. I will wait for the finished product, which I am hoping will be tomorrow. What burns me is that I have to call for updates. I call once a week to get the latest update. Why can't the dealer call me when they discover that here will be a delay or just to advise how things are going? Is that too much to ask?

Sent from the corner of walk and don't walk....
    Sent from the corner of walk and don't walk...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Biosafena View Post
    Why can't the dealer call me when they discover that here will be a delay or just to advise how things are going? Is that too much to ask?
    A very reasonable request in my mind................perhaps after you have picked it up and signed off the paperwork bring it to the attention of the head honcho. Tell them "I was extremely frustrated by not getting updates, if I were running your service department I would..............." Give them the opportunity to address their under performance and see if they want to listen? If they don't run, run Forest............. Best of luck your request seems very reasonable to me?
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Biosafena View Post
    To clarify my prior post:
    I am waiting for a WPM (windshield parking brake module). They (BRP) sent one and the dealer installed it, but it was defective. Now waiting on a second one. This is a part that according to the dealer never fails. Strange, two of them on my machine alone?? There was a typo in the line about naming the dealer. I am not naming it at the time because I am not convinced that this is all his fault. I will wait for the finished product, which I am hoping will be tomorrow. What burns me is that I have to call for updates. I call once a week to get the latest update. Why can't the dealer call me when they discover that here will be a delay or just to advise how things are going? Is that too much to ask?

The last story like this (and this one sounds painfully similar) was BIG RED 1.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Rest assured, if this dealer screws this up, I will put his name in neon. My selling dealer has already lost my confidence and my business. I am all for rendering an opinion based upon performance on a completed job (if that ever happens). It was a long winter and the weather finally turned and now my machine sits waiting for parts and repairs. All this on a machine with a little over 3 thousand miles on it. Lord only knows what the vibration problem is. At the rate things are going, that will take another 3 weeks to fix that.
    I know I sound a little bitter. I am just really disappointed that problems take so long to fix. I bought the machine to ride, not pay for and have nothing but a long distance phone bill for calls to he dealer.

Spyder Garage

Since the thread has ventured far away from the OP--may I please add something?

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...justment-issue

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Turn Signal............ I thought a Class Action law suit was being filed on this baby? Somebody was to supposed to notify the NTSB, NAFTA, NRA, USAF, PETA and the IRS about this? One thing for sure about BRP, they sure know how to keep their company brand at the for-front of everyone's thoughts? I mean it is a marketing guy's dream come true? Sorry to make light of others pain but some seriously peeved off folks!
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

I am glad to hear that someone is getting good service. I hear about dealers such as this one in AK and it honestly makes me want to load my machine on a trailer and take it to a place like Pitbull or Cowtown and have them go over the entire machine to get right what the selling dealer didn't. I am jealous of the fortunate ones that have a good dealer close by. I am glad this worked out for you.

Very Active Member MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm totally unhappy with mine and it's up for sale. The sucker, I mean buyer who comes up with the money will be the new owner.
    If I were a buyer, I would be very skeptical of any Spyder in IL being sold by anyone named Dave! Seriously, with all due respect to those with problems, there are many with great machines who are either upgrading or forced to sell due to health or financial issues. We all should respect them as well when posting any complaint. Keeping to the facts and staying professional is beneficial to us all at some point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

Well, always keeping an eye out for a golden opportunity....wonder how much he wants for is machine? Make me an offer I can't refuse. I haven't given up on the Spyder yet. Just trying to slug my way through the maze of poor service and people who just don't care.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Flight Risk's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Dealer service

This is just a statement guys......

i have had some problems with my 2011 RTS SE5, they eventually are fixed. Right now, I am taking it back for a couple of problems.

It is hard to know who to "blame" when we have a problem. Is it BRP or the dealer? I do know one thing for sure....when I call my dealer there is one thing I can always count on, always. If they say they will call me back, I can be 100% sure that they will NOT. Not one time in 1 1/2 years have they ever called me back like they said they would, including denying they ever got a message even if I left it In the voicemail general mailbox, or directly to an extension....apparently the phone service could also be dealer or BRP because no one will take ownership of ignoring a customer. (Trying to smile while writing this)
    Tri-Axis Handle Bars
    Drift HD 720 digital video camera w/ remote
    Russell Day-Long Custom Seat and Driver backrest
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka Stage 1 Plus Shocks
    Original Grip Buddies
    Seal Floorboards DLX
    Two Brothers Exhaust
    GloRyders with remote
    Zumo 660 GPS
    2011 RTS SE5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I worked into my dealer and called service right in front of me to make appointment. Made the appointment, saw the service guy write it down. A week later they denied that I had made a reservation! Unbelievable

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm totally unhappy with mine and it's up for sale. The sucker, I mean buyer who comes up with the money will be the new owner.
    Not a real good selling pitch! JMHO.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
    Not a real good selling pitch! JMHO.

But it's a

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default I am not a blamer...

For me I just keep working on finding the solution to a particular challenge/problem...do I get ...absolutely...so my encouragement to you is to sound off here..but you take responsibility for finding what it takes to solve this most frustrating situation. Cheering for your win in this..
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default But of course I do like to ride when all is well !

Thanks guys for some support . Like many said on here it was just venting . Most if not all of my question are answered on thus forum . As far as the foul language all I have to say is I can show 8 different post of some worse language at the end of the day I do listen to the more experience spider owners . Dealing with a new dealer now and also getting my more experience friends involved .

The Spyder will be going to the fiancée next season by then I will make sure all the inks are worked out .

Will keep moving forward
    Thanks guys !

Spyder Garage

Default Belleville NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Five-O View Post
    Which dealership did you get it from?

The famous MOTORCYCLE MALL !

There model is they sell more bikes than any other dealer on the east cost .
    But the problem is there service dept can't keep up .

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well take some comfort in the fact that as a result of your post they will not get a dime of my money

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
    Seriously, with all due respect to those with problems, there are many with great machines who are either upgrading or forced to sell due to health or financial issues. We all should respect them as well when posting any complaint. Keeping to the facts and staying professional is beneficial to us all at some point.
    Under other circumstances I would agree with you completely but frustration quickly turns to anger when you pay a lot of money for a machine that spends most of its time in some repair shop or other waiting for parts, and when they do eventually turn up don't fix the problem. It's natural to have sympathy with anyone in a situation like this. "Staying professional" is not not easy when you have steam coming out of your ears!

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

This entire issue of dealer competence must become a primary concern for BRP and the Can Am Marketing department or the Spyder line will start to suffer in the new sales arena. I have seen this befor with other motorcycle brands that were great reliable bike but with horrible support. They are no longer with us sad to say.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    This entire issue of dealer competence must become a primary concern for BRP and the Can Am Marketing department or the Spyder line will start to suffer in the new sales arena. I have seen this befor with other motorcycle brands that were great reliable bike but with horrible support. They are no longer with us sad to say.
    My case was just the opposite. Great dealer support, but a true lack of support from BRP in getting my issues fixed. I guess all cases are different. I know my dealer and mechanics worked very hard to get my Spyder repaired but they ran into the paperwork monster called big business.