Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs down Regret buying this piece so crap !

Like I have said in many other occasions . For the money this machine cost they should have built it way better . All the issues I am having is frustrating and just bout done with it . Between the heat and the battery issues now clutch issues . A clicking noise coming from my left shock then at my first service the tech tells me to stay on top of the oil cus the can am burn lots of oil , then again dealer is also idiots . My sts is not even 1 week shy of being 2 month old . I have been at the dealer 3 times already and the second time I had to leave it for bout a week . Here in the east coast we only have few month of to ride . These issues driving me crazy they just did not equipped these units with a bigger battery . Then they sell all these after market accessories to try to keep the dam thing cool . Again imma spending $20.000.00 I should not have to buy any thing accessories for that . Confidence level is low I am scared of being stranded .

Me too taught it was cool machine in terms of getting one and having fun . I had lots of bikes and all my bikes together I did not have issues like this one . Like any thing else when every thing is working it is fun to ride . Next season I will be giving this to my fiancée or selling it , getting back on my gsxr1000 or picking up a gold wing !
    Last edited by Edsts; 06-03-2013 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Removed wtf for the cussing !

Between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls Texas
    Spyder Garage

It does seem like the more money you fork over, the more trouble you have. That's one reason I buy used. Let the first owner have all the headaches and heartaches. Plus depreciation. Hate that part. You'll be better off fighting through this now though and sell in a few years because of depreciation. Good luck though what ever you do.
    Do things like your life depends on it. It COULD!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow, I guess you really aren't happy with your Spyder. I read your other threads and I see that you had a problem with your tail light staying on after the key was off. Did you add any lighting like HIDs or the fog lights that you were inquiring about? They may have contributed to your problem.

Other than the tail light you complained about the cost of the 600 miles service which at $400 is pretty high so if I were you I would look for another dealer for service. Or make sure you get them to give you an estimate before you have them do any service. I recently had my 600 mile service done on my RT and I was only charged for 1 hour labor (I did my own oil change).

My old Spyder typically used a quart of oil in 3000 miles which I don't think was excessive. My new Spyder has 3,000 miles on it and it hasn't used any oil yet. You should check the oil on all of your vehicles at regular intervals so the Spyder is no different in that.

I'm sure that nothing I have to say will change your mind so I wish you luck in whatever you choose to do with your Spyder.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear.

I hope it works out for you! I expect your issues are attributed to your dealer.

D

Spyder Garage

Default Yeas guys taking it in stride

My sts is fully stock no HID's and LEDs yet , I really want to customize it to my liking . I decided to hold off a bit till I get these issues worked out . The first service was a joke the dealer got me . The report at the end said they inspected every thing and retorque the motor mounts then it also said filter and oil change . Wat a joke I could of done that my self . I usually take all my bikes for the first service . My fiancée wants me to keep it and I really do want to dress it up . For now I am just gonna ride it as much as I can this season .

Spyder Garage

Once in a while we get a complainer. Then takes the to a different dealer and they are happier than Eddie Money running a travel agency (2 tickets to paradice).

$400 for the 600 mile checkup is expensive, and that would make me look for another dealer ASAP. That was the first thing I asked my dealer when I bought it, and even gave me an estimate.
    My 2010 gave me a few issues, but between this website and going to a good dealer, I got over 12K miles until I went to a 2013. Now it has close to 3500 and it has been flawless. Again, thanks to Spyderlovers and a good dealer (which I haven't seen since the 600 mile checkup ).
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I guess you hate your Spyder so much you had to post it twice! Sorry to hear of your experience.

The profanity is unnecessary, though.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The fact that they told you that they retourqued your motor mounts makes me suspect that they took you for a ride. I have not heard of that as any part of a checkup not to mention the 600 mile one. Sorry for your issues but having a bad dealer could be the source of them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How many places are you going to put this?
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 06-03-2013 at 11:23 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    How many places are you going to put this?
    Do I dare; throw the troll?
    Yep, the same post elsewhere...

JT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If we had some idea as to what the bike is doing we could help...
    I did address the complaint of clicking elsewhere...

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer..!!

apparently you have reached the end of your rope, as short as that may be. If you have been here for any length of time you must know you have not had that much go wrong as many others. Your girl will benefit from this unfortunate expierience and when you find the right dealer to work on it you will enjoy it. I find to many folks see the roadster as more of a car than a motorcycle and expect it to ride that way. You ride a gxsr 1000 tell me it doesn't have it's vibrations, creeks rattles and other problems. I worked with them since they came on the market. They had lots of problems but then they are bikes with tons of dealers mechanics and riders that accept them that way. I digress do hope you get yours running to your liking and join the many many spyders running around with no problems or all their problems solved..good luck with all..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't think the troll should be thrown here, however, I do see a huge 180 degree turn from the first few posts where it was stated that BRP hit the nail on the head with the Can-Am....

I'm with the others on the 600 mile service... That dealer obviously doesn't want repeat customers, so vote with your feet before they give you another colonoscopy....My 600 mile service was under $250, and that was from what I would consider now to be an undesireable dealer...

As for the rest of the issues... Step back, take a deep breath, count to 10, and let us know what exactly the problems are...

I was talking with another dealer about the 8 hour set up time my dealer took upon delivery, and he told me the setup isn't very long, but the battery HAS to charge for at least 6 hours prior to installation, or you will have all sorts of gremlins.... Considering how quick they show up when playing with the lights and such, I tend to agree with that statement...

If you have already decided to cut your losses, and get something else, then good luck, but considering some of your past posts, I hope you don't make a decision based on the "emotion of the moment" that you may regret later... They really are enjoyable machines...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Okay Dave; The troll is pulled...

Spyder Garage

Default Still keeping it till next season

Most likely the fiancée will take it over , like one said on here by then all kinks should be worked out . Yes the first week was all good with the unit but with work being busy and only some limited time to ride who wants to be spend time at the dealer . I just really never had these issues with any of my other bikes especially at the first month of purchase . The unit is still fun to ride . I could just do with out the many issues I am having . It's all good thou !

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Edsts View Post
    Most likely the fiancée will take it over , like one said on here by then all kinks should be worked out . Yes the first week was all good with the unit but with work being busy and only some limited time to ride who wants to be spend time at the dealer . I just really never had these issues with any of my other bikes especially at the first month of purchase . The unit is still fun to ride . I could just do with out the many issues I am having . It's all good thou !
    Many times if you ask here first, you will get a better answer than at the dealer. After having to use the references here to either answer questions I had for the dealer, or to set them straight, they are no longer my dealer... Just saying.

I figure since they all have to go through the same training, you can weed out the ones who went for the beer pretty easily...

Spyder Garage

Once you get to know how to work around the and at the same time find your answers here in the forums, as well as going to events, your knowledge will surpass a lot of so-called Service Techs that all they do is brush you off and go for the $$$. And the learning never stops either...
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    I don't think the troll should be thrown here, however, I do see a huge 180 degree turn from the first few posts where it was stated that BRP hit the nail on the head with the Can-Am....

I'm with the others on the 600 mile service... That dealer obviously doesn't want repeat customers, so vote with your feet before they give you another colonoscopy....My 600 mile service was under $250, and that was from what I would consider now to be an undesireable dealer...

As for the rest of the issues... Step back, take a deep breath, count to 10, and let us know what exactly the problems are...

I was talking with another dealer about the 8 hour set up time my dealer took upon delivery, and he told me the setup isn't very long, but the battery HAS to charge for at least 6 hours prior to installation, or you will have all sorts of gremlins.... Considering how quick they show up when playing with the lights and such, I tend to agree with that statement...

If you have already decided to cut your losses, and get something else, then good luck, but considering some of your past posts, I hope you don't make a decision based on the "emotion of the moment" that you may regret later... They really are enjoyable machines...
    Also sorry to hear of the issues with your new . I can totally understand your frustration. It does show through in the posting.

The advice above: "step back, take a deep breath, count to 10", ... is good stuff. At first glance, it looks like you have a real doozy of a dealer. My initial recommendation would be to take it to another dealer and see if they can fix the issues you are having. The high price for the 600 mile service and the bit about torquing the motor mounts raise large red flags to me. Give it an honest try with a new dealer. If problems still persist, I suggest filing a customer service complaint with BRP.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-03-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Okay Dave; The troll is pulled...
    Though all Trolls have a problem... Not all problems are from Trolls. I too think it was a bit early to throw the card on this one.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 06-03-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's why I de-Trolled...
    He posted twice in here with the same speech, and yet again on another forum...
    And who knows where else?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's another forum??

Spyder Garage

No, NO, I agree with you.
    These machines are horrid pieces of garbage.
    You should sell yours as quickly as possible no matter what the cost.
    I'd be happy to take it off your hands for, say $5,000.
    CASH !
    You wouldn't have to worry about the thing anymore...............................
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I know, but frustration can take many forms (and many forums). Though it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he altered the title a bit. I think we get the picture without the verbiage.

It may turn out that you can throw the card at a later date if necessary. I'm not saying it's the wrong card, just maybe played too soon.

Let's hope the OP'er is legit and that the issues get fixed. At this point it's the best possible scenario.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I do agree with what you say, and I too am hopeful for a successful conclusion to this fella's issues.
    That's why I pulled it...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    No, NO, I agree with you.
    These machines are horrid pieces of garbage.
    You should sell yours as quickly as possible no matter what the cost.
    I'd be happy to take it off your hands for, say $5,000.
    CASH !
    You wouldn't have to worry about the thing anymore...............................

I would go and $10. But I would split the ten with you that it has a BIG PAYMENT BOOK attached to the title!!!!

I am curious how the battery became the focal point but not curious enough to do a search.