Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Spyder Garage

I paid around $280.00. My dealer gave me the check list AND signed off on the 600 mile checkup in my manual.
    BabyBlue

Spyder Garage

Default 2010 RT-S - 20K Miles, Regular Services and Recall Bulletins - No Probs.

First, the Can-Am Spyder RT, RS and ST are not "crap." The 2010s and '11s had some recall bulletins which were easy to attend to and apply. Some of the vitriol blaming the machine for incompetent dealer techs or gouging dealer practices are crap. It's the dealer, not the machine in most cases.

I used to get my Spyder serviced where I bought it, a large dealership in Baltimore, which sells everything metric, as well as Can Am. They turned out to be a wh*re house. They sell Spyders, but they made it clear they don't want the service business - how: Raising the labor rate from $80.00 to $120.00/hr, while servicing everything else at the lower rate. Last year, they did the 12K service and gave me my Spyder back leaking oil. The tech didn't bother to replace the valve cover gaskets after adjusting the valves. Not the Spyder or BRP's fault. This told me that they'll sell 'em, but they either can't keep a certified tech on staff, or they'd sooner focus their service staff on the higher-density inventory, e.g. Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, etc. The dealer is 26 miles from my house.

This isn't to say that every mixed-bag dealership is bad, but some are; and in those cases, here's something that I suggest everyone look for, even if it's a bit further from home. Look for a dealer that sells and services ONLY Can Am ... meaning Sea-Doo, Ski-Doo and their ATV line, or at least has it as their main fare. Here in Maryland, I am fortunate to have such a dealership 42 miles north of me in Hanover, PA. Can-Am is their main line, followed by Polaris. The only road machines on their floor are Spyders. The labor rate is $80.00 per hour. The tech has the highest BRP/Can-Am certification hours of anyone in the US. It is worth it to me to take my Spyder the extra 28 miles round trip to get the better service at the lower labor rate, to include absolute competence. My Spyder is more mechanically sound than at any time since I purchased it in January 2010. If a mixed-bag dealer, ask how many techs they have on hand and how many BRP certification hours they have. This will tell you a lot.

Another item I found helpful is to call BRP customer service, and tell them about your experiences with troublesome dealers. I did this once regarding my original dealer and within a day, I'd received a call from the dealer reflective of a lightning bolt up their butts. Corporate doesn't like dealers giving their product a bad name through crappy service.

My $.02.
    Last edited by SilverSurfer; 07-20-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Edsts View Post
    My sts is fully stock no HID's and LEDs yet , I really want to customize it to my liking . I decided to hold off a bit till I get these issues worked out . The first service was a joke the dealer got me . The report at the end said they inspected every thing and retorque the motor mounts then it also said filter and oil change . Wat a joke I could of done that my self . I usually take all my bikes for the first service . My fiancée wants me to keep it and I really do want to dress it up . For now I am just gonna ride it as much as I can this season .
    Where in NJ are you? I did have problems with my 2012 RTL last Aug! In n out of shop but ledgewood power sports in North Jersey really went to bat for me n got everything fixed! So far so good!!! They did send two of their guys to school to learn how to work on the Spyders! I think I paid like $275.00 for my first checkup!!

Spyder Garage

I started taking my Spyder to a dealer that only sold and serviced BRP/Can Am products about 20 minutes from me and it was a disaster. They simply didn't care about the service part of it...at least with Spyders. They didn't know about some things, they didn't care about others and they outright lied to me about service that was to have been done.

I fired them.

I finally found a dealer a bit over an hour away from me who sells Spyders, Hondas, Yamahas and Suzukis. One of the best dealers and service departments around.

I have to say, the original dealer never has more than a couple of Spyders on display and you pay what the tag says...no dealing at all. However, they have TONS of watercraft around, though I have no idea how their sales are with them. But they really don't care about the Spyders after the sale has been made.

Just goes to show that, unfortunately, you really have to look around for competent dealers and service providers with Spyders. There's a lot of hit or miss out there.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

I would have to agree with you Phil...

they are more focused on the water craft and it seems like the Spyders are an after thought

I dont mind dealing with Dave there, and he has pointed out a couple of things to me, but, the bulk of the service is done by the people in the back who you never see or talk to, and when I bought my bike and my brothers bike, I was not very happy with the 'welcome/thank you for buying here' sort of thing.... it seemed like they did not really follow the BRP delivery/construction check list cause both my brother and I had to bring our bikes in a couple of times for things like the glove box cable not being attached, etc... the little things.....

we too are going to CFPS
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 54spyder View Post
    I wish I could find a local Houston dealer who was that inexpensive. So far my quotes have been 400 dollars and up.

We ended up paying 343.00 for our 600 mile service today at Mancuso Gulf Freeway where we purchased our . It was much better than I anticipated. It took between 3-4 hours.

Spyder Garage

Default Motorcycle mall in Belleville NJ

The service their is horrible , at the end I am always going to feel I payed way too much money for issues that I or any one should have to be dealing with .

Either way bike being sold !

Quote Originally Posted by Stharbor99 View Post
    Where in NJ are you? I did have problems with my 2012 RTL last Aug! In n out of shop but ledgewood power sports in North Jersey really went to bat for me n got everything fixed! So far so good!!! They did send two of their guys to school to learn how to work on the Spyders! I think I paid like $275.00 for my first checkup!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Edsts View Post
    The service their is horrible , at the end I am always going to feel I payed way too much money for issues that I or any one should have to be dealing with .

Either way bike being sold !
    Well, there you go! Problem solved!

Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I have a great dealer, with a extraordinary service dept. I love my 2011 Red RTS. with 16,888 miles, and would not trade it ,not even for a Buick!! Robertson's Power Sports Sanford, Maine

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

The Dealer can make or break a great machine to travel further is not a problem finding great service is, Thank god i have a great Dealer who cares about quality work and their customers ,Thanks CFPS.
    Mike