Thread: Handlebar riser

Spyder Garage

Default Handlebar riser

A friend of mine, Spyder owner, and I were looking at the stock riser for the handlebars, and got to thinking, why not make a block that would bolt to that riser, and give the rise and set back to make it more comfortable? We could use the original cap block, and it seems like it would simplify changing the bar position. Like maybe 1 inch up, and 3 1/2 inches back.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Handlebar riser

I think that is a great idea! Wish I had thought of it before I installed the factory riser.

Frank

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

it sounds like a good idea, but probably wouldn't work.

The throttle cable, clutch cable, ignition wires and master cylinder lines would never reach back that far.

RT-S PE#0256 SyderLovers Sponsor Mad Matt's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The problem with the block you mentioned is re-mounting the ignition switch, I am not sure you can save the stock handlebar cover if you do the up AND back block. You can do just an up only block, and that would be easier to install than the BRP riser, and would work out just fine, except once it's taller than the BRP riser, you will lose the steering lock. Once you have to make a new handlebar cover you might as well design for new bars. This reason and other reasons, like the ability of the rider to adjust the bars fore and aft, is why I have gone down the path of the taller bars with a new center cover to re-mount the ignition switch in the stock location. As far as cables go, these bars have around 8 inches of rise and all the stock cables worked belive it or not!

Matt