Spyder Garage

Default Zumo 660 Audio to 2012 RT Limited

I am wondering if anyone can help me get my Zumo GPS sound back on the Spyder stereo. I somehow lost audio feed from the Zumo 660 that came on the RT limited. It used to provide directions through the stereo speakers. Now there is only audio coming through the Zumo.
    Is there a setting that I may have turned off?
    2012 RT Limited: Utopia back rest, SealBoards, and Shark bluetooth communicators on VCAN Woody helmets.

Spyder Garage

I'd bet on something came loose.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Check that the zumo audio is not muted.
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kinggeek View Post
    Check that the zumo audio is not muted.
    Yes, I have confirmed the volume on the Zumo is at 100%.
    I am thinking there maybe a setting somewhere that I turned off, or something?
    I can see it is connected to the Spyder, because when I turn off the bike, I get the notice asking if I want to leave the GPS on.
    The only think that is different from when sound was coming through the stereo is I added a mini SD card with music. Otherwise can not see anything else was changed on the Zumo side.
    Thanks for the suggestion though.
    2012 RT Limited: Utopia back rest, SealBoards, and Shark bluetooth communicators on VCAN Woody helmets.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionfool View Post
    I can see it is connected to the Spyder, because when I turn off the bike, I get the notice asking if I want to leave the GPS on.
    The only think that is different from when sound was coming through the stereo is I added a mini SD card with music. Otherwise can not see anything else was changed on the Zumo side.
    Like Chris (MouthPiece) said, it must be a loose cable. You will have to remove panels on the right side to gain access. Power and audio on the connections are totally different connections.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionfool View Post

Try removing the sd card and see if that helps,I never could get that mini SD card to work properly on my 2012 Rt Ltd.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Make sure the CB radio is on and it's audio is at the right level. The GPS audio goes thru the CB according to my dealer tech via BRP.

Spyder Phyl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SpyderPhyl

2014 Cognac RT-LTD, SE6, ACE 1330

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pwilbarger View Post
    Make sure the CB radio is on and it's audio is at the right level. The GPS audio goes thru the CB according to my dealer tech via BRP.

Spyder Phyl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the 2013 there is a 3.5mm audio plug back beside the gas tank on the right hand side. Also The ZUMO 660 doesn't require the CB to work. Im pretty sure it would be the same on the 2012. When you take the right side panel off you will see where the audio and the power cable is ran from the front to the back. CB also isn't required on the ST.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Zumo 660 Audio to 2012 RT Limited

This is a new ST. I also have an RT. They are the same. They tap the stock harness for power and audio.

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammer issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen!
    Last edited by rabtech; 06-03-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Spyder Garage

This sometimes happens to my Zumo also.
    The Zumo can get confused and think it's in the auto cradle even though you have it in the motorcycle cradle.
    Try removing the Zumo. Remove the battery and then reinstall the battery forcing the unit to reset.
    Turn the Zumo off.
    With the Spyder off, put the Zumo back in the cradle.
    Start the Spyder.
    This should restart the Zumo in Motorcycle mode.

That's all I've got. If this doesn't work, then you've got something wrong with either the Zumo, the cradle, or the Spyder.

Keep us posted so we know how you made out.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

The very top of the zumo screen it will either show a car icon or a motorcycle icon to indicate the mount it is in.

You can also manually change it by going into settings and changing the mount type.

Make sure you have the volume turned up, can you hear the radio or ipod?

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Try removing the sd card and see if that helps,I never could get that mini SD card to work properly on my 2012 Rt Ltd.

Cruzr Joe
    No avail, I removed the Zumo battery, SD card, and still no audio through the speakers.
    I found the wires that connect the Zumo, and nothing looked suspicious.
    I did notice something else odd. After the Spyder sat for a day, when I went to start it, I never got the startup screen. You know when you have to push the mode button. It started just like I had just turned it off. Went right to the screen like I had pushed the mode button already. I believe Gremlins are living in the electrical system
    Have an appointment set to take it into the dealer. Unfortunately they can not get me in for two weeks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post
    The very top of the zumo screen it will either show a car icon or a motorcycle icon to indicate the mount it is in.

You can also manually change it by going into settings and changing the mount type.

Make sure you have the volume turned up, can you hear the radio or ipod?

harry
    Yes, it shows the motorcycle icon, and I have Sirius Radio connected, it works just fine, stereo works just fine. I have reset the Zumo and re-cradled. Still only sound through the Zumo, not through the stereo.

Spyder Garage

Default Zumo 660 Audio issue resolved.

After taking the panels off and not finding anything, I took to the dealer. They were un-able to find anything. Today I went back to the Garmin site to my dashboard, and sure enough there was a software update. Go figure. I looked at the description of change, and sure enough one of the corrections was to correct LIN Bus communications. Loaded the new version, went out to the Spyder and tried. Issue was resolved. Zumo is now speaking through the stereo again. Not sure how it went bad, but I do not recall accepting any software updates last time I plugged in to computer, and there was nothing showing up a week ago when I looked to ensure I had the latest software.
    Anyway happy it is all fixed. Now I can take it to trade in all fixed. I was not going to leave anyone with less than perfect condition Spyder.

Spyder Garage

What you trading too?

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post
    What you trading too?

harry
    Harley Davidson 110 Anniversary Tri Glide, sorry had posted that in another thread.