Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile 2013 Spyder Pricing

I am looking to buy a new Spyder RT Limited; first time ever buying one new. The list price is $29,900; what should I really be able to buy it for?

Spyder Garage

This is one of those question difficult to answer, I went through the same thing 12 months ago. I started looking around the middle of April and I purchase my 2012 RT Limited in late may last year.

Funny enough after joining my first question on Spyderlovers was if people pay retail or get discounts.

The biggest issue is finding the right dealer, a dealer can make or break your purchase with a Spyder, you need to find a good one that knows what they are doing and will maintain your spyder to specs. The 2013 model is new this year (new design) so its going to be tough to find a god deal. Remember the dealer needs to make some money.

My story is an odd one, I had a Goldwing to trade as most Can-Am dealers are just Can-Am dealers they could not give me what I expected for the wing. My local dealer who is fantastic Spyder dealer who knows what there doing even said he had to call around to get some idea.

Around the same time Can-Am was doing a ride event promotion that gave you $500 voucher for accessories, but they didn't run this promotion in MA, so I rode 400 mile round trip to a dealer in Stanford CT. This dealer turned out to be great, they sold a few brands among them was Honda.

I got a great trade in value for the wing, even though the 2012 Limited was still new and still higly sort after in May, I got a great discount off the MRSP. After I had haggled over base price we then negotiated over accessories. I added bunch, CB, Trailer Hitch, Intercom, two headset and all the wiring etc. They matched the $500 voucher with another $500, I paid the rest and as the Spyder was still in the create and I would have to come back free install.

Once purchased I went back to my local dealer, face to face not over the phone and explained the trade and why I went to Stanford. I promised him all my service work and purchased some things from him as good will. His been great BTW, fully understood.

The moral for this long winded answer is the deals are there is you look but its more important to find the right dealer.

If it was me I would do some research on your local dealer options, if your are comfortable riding for the right deal its worth Fly and Ride to some one like Pitbull.

If you do buy from a non local dealer, make sure that your local dealer is prepared to service you, they should but I do know of a couple of motorcycle dealers local to me (none can-am) that only service bike purchased from them.

Go into a dealer and state your intentions, I'm here to buy a spyder 'today', but if I can not get the right deal I'm prepared to walk away. Remember your dealer as to make money to stay in business so they have the right to walk away too. If your just shopping around its hard to get the best deal, being at a dealer ship with the intention to buy that day if the deals right will give them more incentive.

Good luck best bike I've owned so far.

Harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post
    so I rode 400 mile round trip to a dealer in Stanford CT. This dealer turned out to be great, they sold a few brands among them was Honda.
    Harry,
    Great story. I already have to drive 2.25 hours to the Can-AM dealer in my state. Whats a few more miles to a Honda/ Spyder dealer just over the border? I'm thinking hard about trading my '09 GL1800 trike on an RT-S SE5 or a Limited. Right now I'm debating why there is no CB/Intercom/Nav/XM on a near $30K Spyder???????????????????????????
    Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default A deal is not necessarily a good one

Your question is a good one for a civil discussion. But (there is always, a but) what I consider a good deal might not be a good one for you. 2011 thru 2012s were lower in price. 2013s went up about $1,000 on all models.

i have always dealt with a local dealer for the following reasons:
    1. I expect good service.
    2. I expect some service freebies over a period of time.
    3. I know who the owner is and how he deals.
    4. I know the sales person.
    5. I know the parts an service managers.
    6. I know who to go wrap my hands around their neck if I feel I am or have been wronged by.
    7. They all know me and my spouse.
    8. I expect them to make a decent stay in business profit off the sale. Because when I want a goodie, part, or service I don't want to see a sign on the door that reads, closed out of business. We had a local GW dealer that would cut you a deal every time. He grew bigger and moved to a bigger location. Then went belly up! That lasted several years now he is a smaller multi manufacturer minus Honda, open 6 days a week and not busy at all.

Out the door tag, taxes, and everything else included $26k

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bob View Post
    what should I really be able to buy it for?
    That depends; how long before your checking account balance reaches zero??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ledford View Post
    Your question is a good one for a civil discussion. But (there is always, a but) what I consider a good deal might not be a good one for you. 2011 thru 2012s were lower in price. 2013s went up about $1,000 on all models.

i have always dealt with a local dealer for the following reasons:
    1. I expect good service.
    2. I expect some service freebies over a period of time.
    3. I know who the owner is and how he deals.
    4. I know the sales person.
    5. I know the parts an service managers.
    6. I know who to go wrap my hands around their neck if I feel I am or have been wronged by.
    7. They all know me and my spouse.
    8. I expect them to make a decent stay in business profit off the sale. Because when I want a goodie, part, or service I don't want to see a sign on the door that reads, closed out of business. We had a local GW dealer that would cut you a deal every time. He grew bigger and moved to a bigger location. Then went belly up! That lasted several years now he is a smaller multi manufacturer minus Honda, open 6 days a week and not busy at all.

Out the door tag, taxes, and everything else included $26k

Thanks for the input. When you say $26K out the door with tag, taxes, etc., what year and model did you get? How much of it was tax as that varies by state? I have a 2010 Spyder that I bought on used on ebay when I lived in Louisville. I have gotten to know the service department at the dealer in Columbus and we have a pretty good relationship. Thanks again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    Harry,
    Great story. I already have to drive 2.25 hours to the Can-AM dealer in my state. Whats a few more miles to a Honda/ Spyder dealer just over the border? I'm thinking hard about trading my '09 GL1800 trike on an RT-S SE5 or a Limited. Right now I'm debating why there is no CB/Intercom/Nav/XM on a near $30K Spyder???????????????????????????
    Mike

The limited comes with Nav, its not built in like the wing, its the Garmin 660,which is IMHO is better. My wing had NAV (no xm) but I added a Garmin 550 to the wing. Current wings allow you to do ride planing on your computer then take to the bike, earlier models you couldn't do this, so the 550 was nice for road plaining. Its actually quite nice having two GPS's running, I had the 550 doing the NAV and the wings zoomed out for an overall view.

You can add CB, Intercom and XM to the spyder there all plug and play, the CB is not as good as the wings but it works and integrated. The 2013's have a blue tooth option, my 2012 as the wired headset system. If your thinking of accessories buy what you can with the Spyder purchase, any accessories installed at time of purchase are covered by the length of the warranty on the bike. If you install later they only have a 90 day warranty.

The wing you have to add CB as well does not come as standard.

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post
    The wing you have to add CB as well does not come as standard.harry
    My '09 Level 2 came with everything standard:CB, Intercom, Radio, XM, Heated Seat and Grips.
    I'm probably going to get an RT-S, because of color options, and add a ZUMO 665 up on the dash. I'd like to go with a SENA dual bluetooth helmet set up, just to come into the 21st century. This probably means I have to order the BRP Bluetooth Dongle to access the Spyder's audio fuctionalities. Still sorting that part out.
    Mike

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 Spyder Pricing

You should take a serious look at 2012 RT's that are still out there... brand new.. waiting for an owner.

Friend of mine just picked up a 2012 RT Limited --- brand new... for one heckuva price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

2013 RT SE5 $24800 OTD cash no trade about $2500 saving. Depends on dealer so shop around but have checkbook along so dealer knows you are serious.

Spyder Garage

What can you buy it for?It all depends on the dealer.

I just bought my wife a 2011 RT SE5 Limited with 1500 miles for low book from a private seller.Prior to that ,we went to a dealer and she was looking at an 2013 RT SE5 and ST SE5.
    The dealer was going to only knock off no more than 1K on each.Cash did not make any difference.We walked.
    Last edited by Spyder4Tess; 06-02-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder4Tess View Post
    What can you buy it for?It all depends on the dealer.

I just bought my wife a 2011 RT SE5 Limited with 1500 miles for low book from a private seller.Prior to that ,we went to a dealer and she was looking at an 2013 RT SE5 and ST SE5.
    The dealer was going to only knock off no more than 1K on each.Cash did not make any difference.We walked.
    Cash makes no diff to them. they get their cash either way. in some cases they like to finance it for you as they get a little "kick back" from the financier.

Spyder Garage

My experience is ::::

2013 RT Limited is 29500.00 out the door.

2013 ST Limited is 23000.00 out the door.

This is AFTER TAX, TITLE, and DOC, AND SETUP. In other words if you can leave the dealership with the bike for anything less then MSRP after paying all the taxes and fees you are doing ok.

And I ALWAYS work the deal so my accessories are always 20% off the catalogue price if you buy the bike...

Also , if you purchase it and leave happy, it is worth the price you paid......

Spyder Garage

Dealer south of Philly had 2012 LT for $4,000 off list. Don't know if he has any left, or his name. Visited him 3 years ago when I was shopping for a wing trike. He had 3 trike kits still in the box, none on the floor. Said to come back next month. Told him sorry, you were a 3 hour trip to get here, you lose! Tom