Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CAT REMOVAL ?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Huddleston View Post
    Has anyone made a video to show what the Spyder sounds like after the transplant?
    It just sounds a bit louder and throatier. I took decibel readings before and after. Idle was 75db before and 79 after, 4000 rpm produced 87db before and 89 after.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have a two brothers exhaust and will be installing a Kewmetal air intake. What do you think the CAT bypass would do and sound like?

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    I have a two brothers exhaust and will be installing a Kewmetal air intake. What do you think the CAT bypass would do and sound like?

It will get rid of all the heat that comes up from under you and your passenger everytime you slow down or stop.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Saw one

I was in Caldwell Id. over the weekend. Dealer had an 11 rt on display. The Two Brothers muffler caught my eye, then I looked at the underside.
    WOW, what a clean set up. I took pictures, but have yet to figure out how to post them. All the did, was put a Y shaped collector where the cat would attach to the head pipes, and then run a pipe to the muffler.

It was way clean, and sounded awsome.
    The wife has no idea as to what is about to happen to her ride!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm probably showing my ignorance, but why couldn't you use something like this to replace the cat?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OldCowboy View Post
    I'm probably showing my ignorance, but why couldn't you use something like this to replace the cat?

it has 2 in and one out

Spyder Garage

Default Cat bypass

Quote Originally Posted by the nip View Post
    My 2010 RTS was hot on long rides seems much cooler without cat. (not that hot here yet). Sound, deeper not more noise just richer. Grunt, it pulls harder on low end can feel it with trailer. What I really like is first time ever 32 MPG. OVER ALL A GOOD BARGAN
    The Nip
    Where can I purchase this ? I cant buy it on Long Island ..

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by br79z View Post
    Where can I purchase this ? I cant buy it on Long Island ..
    http://www.pitbullpowersportsinc.com...Id=-3774&fpg=1
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

I ordered one yesterday, It should be on its way. Ill have to take deceble readings before and after. I have an app on my phone for that I just remembered about. After install you are supposed to idle your engine for 10 minutes so the computer can adjust to the new air flow. I have a k&n air filter that has been sitting on the shelf for a while. This may be the time to add it to the mix.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I told my wife I ordered a cat bypass last night. She thought it was some sort of cat torcher devIce.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I have '13 RTS and will eventually remove the cat! My question is, do you have to remove the right side panel? Or can it be done by just jacking it up? Thanks!

Pragmatic Member
    Spyder Garage

My Cat has been removed and replaced with the bypass. Much cooler ride, less weight, and nice note.

Pam

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default CAT RE-MOVAL

Quote Originally Posted by cyclerider View Post
    I have '13 RTS and will eventually remove the cat! My question is, do you have to remove the right side panel? Or can it be done by just jacking it up? Thanks!
    No panels need re-moval........The higher up you can get the Spyder the better ........AND MAKE SURE IT IS....STABLE ... I did this also and removing the muffler first imho makes it easier ........in one sense it's more work ....but in another it makes the the rest easier to deal with , because that muffler weighs a TON ............Mike ................PS, although most don't wrap the bi-pass pipe ....I did because it does get very HOT and one of the reasons for doing this is the HEAT issue.....Also if you wrap it the EXHAUST will SCAVENGE better .....JMHO.....jmho.....PPS, I'm not sure on the V- TWIN if the BAFFLE INSERT is recommended ask Pitbull He sells them & the Bi-pass ............Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 07-10-2016 at 12:06 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    No panels need re-moval........The higher up you can get the Spyder the better ........AND MAKE SURE IT IS....STABLE ... I did this also and removing the muffler first imho makes it easier ........in one sense it's more work ....but in another it makes the the rest easier to deal with , because that muffler weighs a TON ............Mike ................PS, although most don't wrap the bi-pass pipe ....I did because it does get very HOT and one of the reasons for doing this is the HEAT issue.....Also if you wrap it the EXHAUST will SCAVENGE better .....JMHO.....jmho.....PPS, I'm not sure on the V- TWIN if the BAFFLE INSERT is recommended ask Pitbull He sells them & the Bi-pass ............Mike
    I plan on getting the porcelain coated bypass pipe. Would it be worth it to take the side panel off to wrap the header pipes? The recall work has stopped the fuel boiling issue, so should I even bother? Thanks!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default COATING ?????

Quote Originally Posted by cyclerider View Post
    I plan on getting the porcelain coated bypass pipe. Would it be worth it to take the side panel off to wrap the header pipes? The recall work has stopped the fuel boiling issue, so should I even bother? Thanks!
    PORCELAIN COATING ............is this a HEAT retention coating ???...... if so, from what I've read if it is the good stuff ....you can almost hold the PIPE because it doesn't get HOT......and if this is the case, wrapping would be way over-kill ....You should either find a VIDEO ( like from U-Tube ) and see how the re-moval is done ...or get a hand held mirror and put it under the Spyder by the CAT .....No panels interfere .....the CAT will come straight down............And if you wrap the Bi-pass pipe ...you do it BEFORE you put it on !!!!..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    PORCELAIN COATING ............is this a HEAT retention coating ???...... if so, from what I've read if it is the good stuff ....you can almost hold the PIPE because it doesn't get HOT......and if this is the case, wrapping would be way over-kill ....You should either find a VIDEO ( like from U-Tube ) and see how the re-moval is done ...or get a hand held mirror and put it under the Spyder by the CAT .....No panels interfere .....the CAT will come straight down............And if you wrap the Bi-pass pipe ...you do it BEFORE you put it on !!!!..... Mike
    Sorry. I wanted to say ceramic coating. I meant wrapping the "header" pipes, not the bypass pipe. Thanks. Not taking panels off should make it go faster.

Spyder Garage

Default Cat Delete Pipe Deux

I apologize but I've been watching the catalytic removal posts and am seriously wondering what the freak you're talking about. The pictures of the cut away of the catalytic converter are most likely fine for a show and tell in a class room but I cannot even begin to understand what that is all about. A cat delete pipe is an incredibly simple pipe that connects the engine to the muffler. The install is about 20 minutes MAX. If you run the bike up on those floor ramps you can get at any place selling auto parts, it will be easier. I got my cat delete pipe from Pitbull Motor Sports in Springfield, MO. Great install job and as noted, just a few minutes. The bike runs much much cooler and possibly more umph but can't verify it. As for popping on deceleration, there is some but it's minor (and sounds cool). Exhaust is a touch louder but only a touch. Quite pleasant. Here's a link to a video that might be informative. It is actually about the Akropovic muffler but part is the cat delete pipe.