Spyder Garage

Default Newbie questions...

Hi all,

New guy here trying to decide on a st-s and an st- limited.

Ive been surfing the forums for awhile now and this is my first post as I plan on buying next week.

Any advice anyone could give would be great.

Also wondering if anyone can suggest vinyl shop around the Fort Wayne area that can do Spyders.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I believe you need to find the best dealer you can for Spyders. I would start a new thread asking people in Indiana to recommend one. Dealer prep must be spot on. Service is key. It makes your buying experience so much better. Look for a maintenance agreement as scheduled maintenance isn't cheap, like most motorcycles.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default RT Sales

I understand RT Sales in Zulu is a very good dealer. Several have bought from them and have been pleased. Good service as well. I can't help you with the vinyl dealer. Thinking about a new seat?
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Your location simply says "Indiana" however you did mention Ft Wayne so you would be a prime candidate to visit RT sales in Zulu IN just outside of Ft Wayne. I've been there a couple times and talked with the owner and if it wasn't 2 hours away for me that would be my primary dealer. I live in South Bend, if your ever around the area or just want to ryde give me a shout.

Kevin
    kmort44@aol.com
    ​KMORT44

Spyder Garage

Default ST-S. vs ST-LTD

I bought an ST-S in January and love it. I did get heated grips added by the dealer as my only option. If you want the luggage, GPS and radio you will want the ST-LTD. But I saved a lot of money by adding aftermarket soft bags as luggage and I have music and GPS on my iPhone. You just have to decide what model you are willing to pay for.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

I have been to both RT and R and D. price wise I seem to be getting a better deal at R&D.

I think the STS will be plenty for me but neither dealer moves as much price wise on the STS as they do on the Limited. They are both awesome.

thanks for the input... Ive got my work cut out for me this week

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD1 View Post
    I believe you need to find the best dealer you can for Spyders. I would start a new thread asking people in Indiana to recommend one. Dealer prep must be spot on. Service is key. It makes your buying experience so much better. Look for a maintenance agreement as scheduled maintenance isn't cheap, like most motorcycles.

Maintenance agreement?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KIDDX View Post
    I have been to both RT and R and D. price wise I seem to be getting a better deal at R&D.

I think the STS will be plenty for me but neither dealer moves as much price wise on the STS as they do on the Limited. They are both awesome.

thanks for the input... Ive got my work cut out for me this week
    I can speak from personal experience on how awesome RT Sales is as they went out of their way to get me back on the road when my Spyder broke down near Ft. Wayne in 2010.

Remember that the sales department is there for the sale but you have to live with the service department for as long as you own the Spyder.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Making up you mind

I am glad it's not me having to make up my mind.

between the st-s and the l version look at it this way. Figure what you want to add to it later on that is BRP significant. Then figure what you want to add that is after market significant, plus labor if your not willing to DIY. Compare your out the door cost and that's your deciding point.

the way I always do it is we haggle over what I am willing to write the check for out the door. None of this we can do this or that its always "out the door" I find I have more leverage and get more freebies that way.

But everyone has their own style so develop yours and good luck. Remember its your money your spending not mine. Let us know if you get your price you asked for!

Spyder Garage

What are the specifics of a maint agreement?

Spyder Garage

Default service

Quote Originally Posted by KIDDX View Post
    What are the specifics of a maint agreement?
    whatever you do try and get them to throw the 600 mile service for free... Down here at the local shop they wanted close to $200 for that. So glad i bought used and loving every minute only thing i would change is that i would have the previous owner extend the warranty and if something failed i'd have him take it to the shop for me.

Spyder Garage

BRP has an extended warrantee called BEST, and one that covers more called BEST Plus, check them out.

john