Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Riding in the wind!

I just took my new Spyder out for a ride this morning. We picked up the bike in St. Pete, FL and rode it home to Austin,TX. The Texas winds were blowing at about 30 mph. It was not easy holding on. Thanks to a Spyder rider named FloridaJay who we met at Barney's as we were picking up the bike, I was prepared.
    Well, I was kind of prepared. My zip top jacket worked itself open and I treated about 100 drivers on Mopac North to a flash of my white sports bra. Note to self, watch those zippers on windy rides!

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Riding in the wind!

Quote Originally Posted by araignee88
    I just took my new Spyder out for a ride this morning. We picked up the bike in St. Pete, FL and rode it home to Austin,TX. The Texas winds were blowing at about 30 mph. It was not easy holding on. Thanks to a Spyder rider named FloridaJay who we met at Barney's as we were picking up the bike, I was prepared.
    Well, I was kind of prepared. My zip top jacket worked itself open and I treated about 100 drivers on Mopac North to a flash of my white sports bra. Note to self, watch those zippers on windy rides!
    Note to self- start driving Mopac North! :-*

I rode with a buddy who was on a little 250 Ninja. Trust me, the Spyder does fine in the wind compared to other bikes!

"I <3 attention!"
    -DD

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Just a comment - I bought a 1977 Beemer from Barney's. Good people. Enjoy your new ride!

Jack H.

Spyder Garage

Guess that means I have to start sharing the Austin roads with another ;D