Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2013 RTS digital display question

Wondering if anyone has had issues with the radio station that is set to display under the speed indicator gets disabled often.

Before getting on a ride, I navigate in the digital display to enable the radio station displayed under the digital speed indicator. Randomly, often after about 24hours of parked and not using the bike, when I turn the key back and start the bike, that radio station indicator display is disabled again. I have to navigate to the settings enable it again.

I am reading through the manual now to make sure this is not a feature and I have to enable it each time.

Thanks again,

Hobbicam

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you press the volume buttons or the channel change buttons does the display come back?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

No, the volume does get higher and lower, and the channel does change, but the screen does not come back until I go back into settings and enable it in that display part of the configuration...

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    If you press the volume buttons or the channel change buttons does the display come back?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hobbicam View Post
    No, the volume does get higher and lower, and the channel does change, but the screen does not come back until I go back into settings and enable it in that display part of the configuration...
    I have 2013 RT Limited and it does same thing.
    but iPod seems to come back.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I sent email to the dealer, he said that mine might need to get a memory module replace. Will be heading in to the shop Saturday morning.

@XRok, how long has it been doing this for you? or was it always since you got the RT? Mine has been like this from the day I picked it up.. it had 4 miles on it... I notice it right away, since that was one of the few things I did during the initial settings while at the dealer. Then I noticed it did not stick, when I went to put fuel in it and turned it back on... from then, I just kept and eye and notice it pretty frequent.

We picked up a RT limited about a few days after, and that was also one of the things I kept an eye on during the settings with that RT. It does not seem to be loosing the settings.

Interesting thing I thought.. if it was memory, the clock seems to hold time, unless it is on a internal capacitor that keeps it going for just a bit longer. Also wonder why all the rest of the settings remain.. like radio station memory.. temperature settings, F/C, speed in MPH or KPH?

unless the all have different memory address location.... weird.. if it works, no complaints or questions..

Hobbicam

Quote Originally Posted by XRoK View Post
    I have 2013 RT Limited and it does same thing.
    but iPod seems to come back.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I sent email to the dealer, he said that mine might need to get a memory module replace. Will be heading in to the shop Saturday morning.

@XRok, how long has it been doing this for you? or was it always since you got the RT? Mine has been like this from the day I picked it up.. it had 4 miles on it... I notice it right away, since that was one of the few things I did during the initial settings while at the dealer. Then I noticed it did not stick, when I went to put fuel in it and turned it back on... from then, I just kept and eye and notice it pretty frequent.

We picked up a RT limited about a few days after, and that was also one of the things I kept an eye on during the settings with that RT. It does not seem to be loosing the settings.

Interesting thing I thought.. if it was memory, the clock seems to hold time, unless it is on a internal capacitor that keeps it going for just a bit longer. Also wonder why all the rest of the settings remain.. like radio station memory.. temperature settings, F/C, speed in MPH or KPH?

unless the all have different memory address location.... weird.. if it works, no complaints or questions..

Hobbicam

From day I pick up from dealer, iPod is staying on, just Radio don't
    Let me know if your problem is fixed by changing memory module.

I just made short trip with friends, and iPod is not always staying on.
    I am calling dealer Tuesday.
    Last edited by XRoK; 06-01-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

From day I pick up from dealer, iPod is staying on, just Radio don't
    Let me know if your problem is fixed by changing memory module.

I just made short trip with friends, and iPod is not always staying on.
    I am calling dealer Tuesday.

So I ended up not taking it in this Saturday.. could not get it down there.. so I will take it in all together on my 600mile checkup.

For now, I get this screen inconsistantly:
    2013-06-03 21.25.46.jpg

Then here is what I do and it goes away..

Arrrrggg!

Should I carry both my keys with me?

Hobbicam

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Should I carry both my keys with me?

Hobbicam
    I don't have that problem, anyway I got 1500 miles on RT-Limited and It seems working properly for last 900 miles after 600 mile check up.
    Dealer told me 600 miles check up has nothing to with LCD memory issue. but it is working.
    I am still having some other minor issue, like frunk is not always open using electric switch and having problem with opening with key.
    Bluetooth Dongle is not working properly - I am dealing with Sena direct for this problem.
    Sena already send me a replacement, but it only take care the 50 % of problem.
    Thank God, my wife loves Spyder (our first one), other wise I would have return the whole package including trailer.

Spyder Garage

I am still having some other minor issue, like frunk is not always open using electric switch and having problem with opening with key.
    Lubricate your trunk latch, and adjust it if necessary. It sounds like it needs some lube and the lost is too tight (or misaligned).
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Lubricate your trunk latch, and adjust it if necessary. It sounds like it needs some lube and the lost is too tight (or misaligned).
    Adjust latch?
    Can you explain little more detail how do i go about adjusting latch

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Adjust latch?
    Can you explain little more detail how do i go about adjusting latch

Thanks
    There are two bolts on the latch plate. Loosen and move as necessary. To some extent it is an art. Might be best for the dealer to do it, since if he latches it irretrievably shut he would have to get it open or repair it.

Do you have a trunk liner? If so, that could be your problem. If it was improperly installed over the weatherstrip, it can interfere. If the weatherstrip is snagged and lifted off, or snags the microswitch, it can interfere. I'd say check the liner, lubricate the latch plate, catch, and loop, and see your dealer if it is still a problem.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 06-10-2013 at 08:31 AM.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    There are two bolts on tghe latch plate. Loosen and move as necessary. To some extent it is an art. Might be best for the dealer to do it, since if he latches it irretrievably shut he would have to get it open or repair it.

Do you have a trunk liner? If so, that could be your problem. If it was improperly installed over the weatherstrip, it can interfere. If the weatherstrip is snagged and lifte off, or snags the microswitch, it can interfere. I'd say check the liner, lubricate the latch plate, catch, and loop, and see your dealer if it is still a problem.
    Thanks, It is brand new and dealer is few hours away.
    I will try what your recommendation and let you know
    Thanks.