Thread: First 50

Spyder Garage

Default First 50

What happened on my first 50 miles.

I cruised country roads at or around 55 mph, never getting out of 3rd gear. To vary speeds, I'd slow down, the accelerate up past the speed limit. Darn thing feels quite responsive during roll-on up through 60 mph. I kept the rpm's high, and used the gears to slow down making sure to put lots of pressure of the rings.

On the last 5 miles, I hit the interstate and finally felt 5th gear. 80 mph is nothing on a cool night at 70 degrees.

I still have the stock shield on and even though I passed a big rig, and then was passed by that same truck, felt no buffering and it was quite different than I thought it would be. My passenger will enjoy the backrest although she's got 20K miles experience as a motorcycle passenger. We agree it's different than the 2 wheeler.

2 (curiosity) visits during a stop to buy a coke.
    Had to let a 2 year old sit on it (pictures)
    Had 1 offer to trade for a firebird
    Was yelled at twice (looks real nice) and (awesome).

;D

Happy Owner
    Chances are the referenced post is positive in nature, may result in a solution, alteration, modification, or highlights an extraordinary event or ride, that's worth posting.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: First 50

Quote Originally Posted by Twodog185
    What happened on my first 50 miles.

I cruised country roads at or around 55 mph, never getting out of 3rd gear. To vary speeds, I'd slow down, the accelerate up past the speed limit. Darn thing feels quite responsive during roll-on up through 60 mph. I kept the rpm's high, and used the gears to slow down making sure to put lots of pressure of the rings.

On the last 5 miles, I hit the interstate and finally felt 5th gear. 80 mph is nothing on a cool night at 70 degrees.

I still have the stock shield on and even though I passed a big rig, and then was passed by that same truck, felt no buffering and it was quite different than I thought it would be. My passenger will enjoy the backrest although she's got 20K miles experience as a motorcycle passenger. We agree it's different than the 2 wheeler.

2 (curiosity) visits during a stop to buy a coke.
    Had to let a 2 year old sit on it (pictures)
    Had 1 offer to trade for a firebird
    Was yelled at twice (looks real nice) and (awesome).

;D

This is only the beginning of your odyssey as a Spyder owner. Have fun and enjoy the journey.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Add to the list:

One punk kid yelled: Hey... Can you POP a Wheelie?

yeah right.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

:bigthumbsup: ;D

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sopher
    Add to the list:

One punk kid yelled: Hey... Can you POP a Wheelie?

yeah right.
    LOL..... .... I've had that one yelled a few times..... along with the outstretched arms and twisting motion like I'm going to gun it when the light turns green so they can see me burn the tire..... LOL!