Spyder Garage

Default Going to try different dealer...

tomorrow. Will be taking Bruisersbaby's RT to another dealer. 91 miles one way. Need a state inspection and then BUDS check for the limp mode incident this weekend. Appointment made today. Service manager said no problem getting to it while we wait. That in itself is a big change from our current dealer.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default spyder

Good luck Bruiser, let us know whats going on with Kris' ryde and how the new dealer was.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Best of luck with the new dealer taking good care of you. It sounds like you have had enough frustration with your current dealer already.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Yes, good luck on trying the new dealer. Hope they will be a big improvement from what you have been experiencing. It's a shame that some dealers still do not get the concept of customer service.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We'll exoect a full report on our desk Thursday morning... Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Good news..!!

is your off to a good start. Hope you don't have a long wait...good luck..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

After action report. Drove the 91 miles to the dealer. Had a 10:00 appointment. Arrived at 0945 and were promptly greeted, they took BBs Spyder right in. While trying not to go to sleep on the very comfortable sofas we were greeted by any employee that came back to the service area. Offered coffee, which we declined because we brought our own. Took a tour of the showroom. Nicely stocked with V Stars, Honda's and Spyders, 4 wheelers and a mix of pre-owned bikes. The sales staff was readily available and not hiding in offices. Everyone greeted us. They had some BRP clothing and accessories on display as well as other clothing and accessories. Although somewhat tight you could move around. They are in the process of building an addition to the showroom so they can spread out and add more clothing/accessories. The current showroom is probably 2.5 times larger than the showroom at our local dealer. Their shop is segregated with 4 wheelers worked on in one area, motorcycles in another section and Spyders in another section. When they were finished with the Spyder, the service manager took it for a test ride himself. He thoroughly explained what they did. They hooked up BUDS and ran a complete check including all updates/campaigns. He said the only thing BUDS showed, other than past history, was a steering sensor/computer disconnect and it wasn't active. He said this may have tripped the limp mode. The steering sensor looked fine.

Other than that, nothing. He asked us if we wanted his tech to dig further which would require removing tupperware and visually checking connections etc. He said it would take more time and obviously cost more. He said it was our call but his feeling was it would not reveal anything more at this point since the code was not active and limp mode only happened that one time and hasn't happened since. We opted out. Total cost for the inspection and troubleshooting- $36.10. Their labor rate is $70.00 per hour, local dealer rate- $80.00 per hour.

Bottom line. Very impressed. Friendly people. Greeted right away by service manager. Appointment time honored. Knowledgeable people. Nice waiting area. Thorough explanation of what was done. Greeted by all employees. Offered coffee. Test drive by service manager. Fairly nice facility being expanded. Plenty of parking. Separate parts and service areas. Separate parts and service staff.

Local dealer-Waiting area in very small, crowded showroom consists of a small table and two shop stools next to unisex bathroom. Table usually stacked with magazines and sales literature. Small counter for parts and service check in/out. Ignored by everybody until they're ready to serve you, not even greeted or a simple "I'll be with you in a moment". Showroom is crowded and small with clothing and accessories crowded in and not very much to choose from. When checking out you are given the ticket without explanation. If you ask for an explanation you have to wait for the service manager or tech. Parking is very limited with at least two of the six spaces taken up by the owners. Narrow driveway between boats/4 wheelers hard to navigate. Usually blocked by pickups with trailers. Shop has two bays. If you have a jet boat, jet ski or 4 wheeler, you're in. Victory or Spyder, we'll get to you when we can.

Guess what dealer we'll be using from now on?
    Last edited by bruiser; 05-29-2013 at 03:44 PM.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Default Going to try different dealer...

Great to hear. Hope in the new area I am moving too the dealer is a good one. You are lucky to find someone within driving distance and from experience it is worth the drive.

Thanks for the report.
    2009 Spyder RS (non operational)
    2022 Spyder RT Limited
    2022 RT Limited , Carbon black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm glad to hear that the results appear to be positive!
    So; did you find any good places to eat along the way?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hate to say this but at some point we are just going to have to name names. I know we try to be really polite and not flame a dealer just because one person had a bad experience. We have talked about a rating system but no progress and bad dealers just keep on ripping folks off through indifference or greed. The Spyderlovers Forum is a force that needs to used constructively to identify good trustworthy dealers who are worth patronizing. I am not suggesting giving negative comments at all.

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    After action report. Drove the 91 miles to the dealer. Had a 10:00 appointment. Arrived at 0945 and were promptly greeted, they took BBs Spyder right in. While trying not to go to sleep on the very comfortable sofas we were greeted by any employee that came back to the service area. Offered coffee, which we declined because we brought our own. Took a tour of the showroom. Nicely stocked with V Stars, Honda's and Spyders, 4 wheelers and a mix of pre-owned bikes. The sales staff was readily available and not hiding in offices. Everyone greeted us. They had some BRP clothing and accessories on display as well as other clothing and accessories. Although somewhat tight you could move around. They are in the process of building an addition to the showroom so they can spread out and add more clothing/accessories. The current showroom is probably 2.5 times larger than the showroom at our local dealer. Their shop is segregated with 4 wheelers worked on in one area, motorcycles in another section and Spyders in another section. When they were finished with the Spyder, the service manager took it for a test ride himself. He thoroughly explained what they did. They hooked up BUDS and ran a complete check including all updates/campaigns. He said the only thing BUDS showed, other than past history, was a steering sensor/computer disconnect and it wasn't active. He said this may have tripped the limp mode. The steering sensor looked fine.

Other than that, nothing. He asked us if we wanted his tech to dig further which would require removing tupperware and visually checking connections etc. He said it would take more time and obviously cost more. He said it was our call but his feeling was it would not reveal anything more at this point since the code was not active and limp mode only happened that one time and hasn't happened since. We opted out. Total cost for the inspection and troubleshooting- $36.10. Their labor rate is $70.00 per hour, local dealer rate- $80.00 per hour.

Bottom line. Very impressed. Friendly people. Greeted right away by service manager. Appointment time honored. Knowledgeable people. Nice waiting area. Thorough explanation of what was done. Greeted by all employees. Offered coffee. Test drive by service manager. Fairly nice facility being expanded. Plenty of parking. Separate parts and service areas. Separate parts and service staff.

Local dealer-Waiting area in very small, crowded showroom consists of a small table and two shop stools next to unisex bathroom. Table usually stacked with magazines and sales literature. Small counter for parts and service check in/out. Ignored by everybody until they're ready to serve you, not even greeted or a simple "I'll be with you in a moment". Showroom is crowded and small with clothing and accessories crowded in and not very much to choose from. When checking out you are given the ticket without explanation. If you ask for an explanation you have to wait for the service manager or tech. Parking is very limited with at least two of the six spaces taken up by the owners. Narrow driveway between boats/4 wheelers hard to navigate. Usually blocked by pickups with trailers. Shop has two bays. If you have a jet boat, jet ski or 4 wheeler, you're in. Victory or Spyder, we'll get to you when we can.

Guess what dealer we'll be using from now on?
    Are you sure you're not my neighbor? Local dealer.....same same......dealer 2 hrs away no different than your new one, other than everything is already in place. Professionalism IS amazing. Isn't it. Glad you found a happy face at a happy place.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default dealer

well whats the good dealers name and is the bad dealer name as I need a good dealer for service and the two in the Charlotte or Albermerl area is slow by my standers they Both say its about two weeks for any work to even be looked at if you don't want to say them OK please private message email me them

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Kudos to Your Now New Dealer

Glad to hear of such a good experience. Hopefully the 90 miles includes some good scenery and pleasant ryding.

Spyder Garage

While I've been happy with my dealer in Winston-Salem, I'd like to know the one you had the good svc from, just in case I need to try a diff one. PM me please if you don't want to publish it, or I may catch you at Maggie Valley or Lamonts next month.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear the new dealer worked out well for you.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods