Spyder Garage

Default Outer Banks ride.

A few pics from my Outer Banks trip last week. Had a great ride with my Son and a couple of buddies. Love the Outer Banks.

photo2.jpgphoto3.jpgphoto4.jpg

photo5.jpgphoto6.jpg
    Last edited by StanProff; 05-28-2013 at 01:21 PM.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

My wife, son and I rode the Outer Banks last month for the first time. It was truly a beautiful experience. We spent about 4 hours on ferries with a lot of inquiring minds with questions about the spyders. We absolutely loved it.

Spyder Garage

Default More Outer Banks pics.

A few more pics from the outer banks. Just over 1200 miles on the loop we made back to East Tennessee.

1-photo8.jpg1-photo1.jpg1-photo (11).jpg1-photo (11).jpg
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daltonjl View Post
    My wife, son and I rode the Outer Banks last month for the first time. It was truly a beautiful experience. We spent about 4 hours on ferries with a lot of inquiring minds with questions about the spyders. We absolutely loved it.
    There was about a dozen bikes on the 2 hour ferry from Oracoke to Ceder Island and the bikes consisted of Harleys, Goldwings Yamaha's, Kawasaki"s. The Spyder had an inquiring crowd around on the complete run. I finally went up to the lounge to get away from the questions about it.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StanProff View Post
    A few pics from my Outer Banks trip last week. Had a great ride with my Son and a couple of buddies. Love the Outer Banks.

photo2.jpgphoto3.jpgphoto4.jpg

photo5.jpgphoto6.jpg
    Stan, I like the stripes on your bike. Where did you get them ??

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Yes, that area is really nice. Lots to see and do. Lots of good places to eat. They do have a bike week in April. The ferry rides are fun. Maybe next time you can run all the way to the southern end.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fireplug98 View Post
    Stan, I like the stripes on your bike. Where did you get them ??

Tommy J.
    photo (3).jpgphoto (11).jpg Pete at Powersportswraps (site sponser) can fix you right up. I added the saddlebag stripes just a few weeks ago along with the H.P. decals on the Frunk.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Yes, that area is really nice. Lots to see and do. Lots of good places to eat. They do have a bike week in April. The ferry rides are fun. Maybe next time you can run all the way to the southern end.
    We started at From "Duck" near the top and went south across the water to the mainland on down and over to Atlantic beach and Emerald Isle and back over through Jacksonville. It was a good ride. The water was so rough on the 2 and a half hour cedar island ferry that the bikes got splashed with sea water. Had to hit a car wash on the main land. It was a windy day on the water.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. Looks like a great trip as well.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

photo (3).jpgphoto (11).jpg Pete at Powersportswraps (site sponser) can fix you right up. I added the saddlebag stripes just a few weeks ago along with the H.P. decals on the Frunk.
    Thanks Stan !!!!

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We rode out there in April for the Outer Banks bike week. Another rider from Va. was on his M109 on the ferry, and the ferry backed into the dock and threw him and his wife off the bike. Now he is in a dispute with N.C. over who should pay to fix the bike. He said that the seas were rough that day also.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

We started at From "Duck" near the top and went south across the water to the mainland on down and over to Atlantic beach and Emerald Isle and back over through Jacksonville. It was a good ride. The water was so rough on the 2 and a half hour cedar island ferry that the bikes got splashed with sea water. Had to hit a car wash on the main land. It was a windy day on the water.

You did the whole ride. Good on ya mate. Atlantic Beach/Beaufort is our favorite area.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    You did the whole ride. Good on ya mate. Atlantic Beach/Beaufort is our favorite area.
    I vacation bout every other year on Emerald Isle. It is my favorite vacation area with a lot to see. Hey, The Beaufort Grocery company resturant and deli in Beaufort is our favorite lunch stop . I think that is the name of it, on a side street there in town. I always go for the sandwich called the
    "fuhgetaboutit" on the menu. Hmmm, hungry just thinking about it.

Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    We rode out there in April for the Outer Banks bike week. Another rider from Va. was on his M109 on the ferry, and the ferry backed into the dock and threw him and his wife off the bike. Now he is in a dispute with N.C. over who should pay to fix the bike. He said that the seas were rough that day also.
    Oh man! I can see how that could happen, sometimes the ferry driver can have a hard time at the dock in heavy winds and rough sea. Hope it didn't hurt them! All the two wheeler folks were ask to stay with their bikes on this run due to the rough seas. The time before last when I was on the ferrys it was smooth sailing with clam sea.
    Happy Spyderlovers