Spyder Garage

Default Moving to New Orleans area.

Hi LA Spyder Riders.

I just accepted a new job in New Orleans in the heart of the CBD. I will be relocating me and my Spyder from Cincinnati, OH to the area really soon.

Looking for some advice on where to look for a place. My wife and I were down this weekend and looked at St. Charles, St. John and St. Tammany parish areas. We really liked St. Tammany and St. Charles a lot and probably preferred the north shore west area around Mandeville. We saw several Spyders on 190 and 22 on Sunday so I bet several of you are on here.

I am wondering about the daily commute to the CBD. Do any of you so it every day? How crazy/long is it? Any other areas I should look? Right now it is just me coming down but JP will eventually be me, wife, daughter, two dogs and a cat. Any suggestions are welcome.
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac

Spyder Garage

My wife works in Metarie and we live in Ponchatoula right off off LA 22 and Interstate 55. Good day (no accidents, etc) light traffic, 55 minutes. Bad day (you name it...) 1 hour 15 minutes.

If you are living in Mandeville, your commute would be via "The Causeway" (toll road.....toll only one way....toll collected going into New Orleans) and your commute would be 45 minutes average. But "The Causeway" is subject to restrictions based on wind conditions and fog (high winds and fog will restrict motorcycle traffic and place restrictions on how other vehicles move).

The weather here is vastly different that what you are accustomed to in Ohio......we have 4 season here......hot, hot, cool and wet, hot. If you want to, you can pack away your cold weather gear. Don't get me wrong....it can get cold (below 30 degrees) but it is short lived and not worth the effort in digging out the heavy jackets.

If you need any other info, sent me a PM and I will try my best to answer in a timely fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggeek View Post
    Hi LA Spyder Riders.

I just accepted a new job in New Orleans in the heart of the CBD. I will be relocating me and my Spyder from Cincinnati, OH to the area really soon.

Looking for some advice on where to look for a place. My wife and I were down this weekend and looked at St. Charles, St. John and St. Tammany parish areas. We really liked St. Tammany and St. Charles a lot and probably preferred the north shore west area around Mandeville. We saw several Spyders on 190 and 22 on Sunday so I bet several of you are on here.

I am wondering about the daily commute to the CBD. Do any of you so it every day? How crazy/long is it? Any other areas I should look? Right now it is just me coming down but JP will eventually be me, wife, daughter, two dogs and a cat. Any suggestions are welcome.
    Johnny
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015 RT-S (SE6) Special Series