Spyder Garage

Default I can not bash the spyders!

Like the title says! as some of you know I no longer have Hotwheels. Some of you from spyderfest and from my post http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...102#post624102

Now for a update now that I have some miles on my new tri glide.
    First the HD has way more leg room. The overall setting position fits me perfect. Do not have to wait for computer to boot up be for me to start her up.

BUT!! my RT is way more smother ride, the bumps in the road will shake your teeth out on the HD. Any one will out perform in the curves on the spyder. the spyder will out run the HD trike at any time. I hit any bump in a curve, the front wheel will hop and skip to the out side and will need to pull over to clean out your shorts! Wish my spyder didn't have so many glitches... I would not of traded her off. Hope BRP gets it right some day.
    Hot Wheels loves to ROCK!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm glad that your Tri-Glide has you out in the wind...
    Maybe you just need a bit more saddle-time with it to sort out it's handling.
    Please keep us posted about it!
    ...And maybe; one day BRP will have it all sorted out...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

You never know what you got till you lose it.
    Hot Wheels loves to ROCK!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Like the title says! as some of you know I no longer have Hotwheels. Some of you from spyderfest and from my post http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...102#post624102

First the HD has way more leg room. The overall setting position fits me perfect. Do not have to wait for computer to boot up be for me to start her up.

BUT!! my RT is way more smother ride, the bumps in the road will shake your teeth out on the HD. Any one will out perform in the curves on the spyder. the spyder will out run the HD trike at any time. I hit any bump in a curve, the front wheel will hop and skip to the out side and will need to pull over to clean out your shorts! Wish my spyder didn't have so many glitches... I would not of traded her off. Hope BRP gets it right some day.
    Farmboy, you need to spend a little time and get that TG "tuned in". Mine does none of the things you described. However I do agree with the rougher ride comment, but that's a small price to pay. Headed out now on my second trip west and I have no worries at all about the preformance and rideability of mine. OH, forget the lift kit it doesn't help anything except the mufflers.

Spyder Garage

I'm sorry I never introduced myself to you at the Best Western at Spyderfest. I had wanted to, but never got the opportunity in the "snack bar" with all the people.

Chris

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Good info...keep us dated.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Go to tGlide Stuff.com, And get Dennis's 1 and 1/4 inch rear lift kit, A 20 minute install, That will improve the steering and handling 100%, Also it will eliminate the squat look and pipes bottoming out on high curves...
    Also if you get the stage one installed from your dealer, That will raise the red line from 55 hundred to 63 hundred with a big increase in performance......

Spyder Garage

Default Time..!!

Give it time and find the mods that make it ryde to your liking. I never liked traditional trikes or sidecars but may not have given the the time. Ran out of clothing..!! But found the roadster and that was it. Now I do not like bells and whistles therefore have your bare bones RS and have had no problems. They are different beasts with different quircks..give it time..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the update on the TriGlide. I also went as far as going to the dealer when they first came out. The ergos did not fit me comfortably so that was the end of the shopping there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I ALMOST found myself thinking, "What a piece of crap! He's got to buy a 'Stage 1 something or other' to make it run decently, and lift it up so that nothing drags..."
    And then I remembered what I've spent on my bike...
    More than half of the fun is in perfecting a perfect bike even more!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The biggest problem with the Spyder is not the Spyder but the Spyder Dealer with a few exceptions. I am almost at the point of going to a Triglide fully knowing that it does not handle or perform as well as my Spyder '12 RT. I have not had a problem with it nor with the '09 RS that I had prior that was not caused by poor knowledge of the non certified tech staff or lack of attention to detail by the Dealer. Oil leaks, body panels missing fasteners and miss aligned, wires unplugged and not plugged in befor delivery. My '09 RS was delivered to me with 10 psi in the right front tire and 8 psi in the left. When I complained about the hard steering I was told that was normal. Things had changed over the years and my 2012 RT was delivered in perfect condition. But now the certified tech is gone to greener pastures and I have zero confidence in the Dealership once again.
    I am sorry for the rant but this is what will drive folks away from the Spyder platform, not the machine but the Dealer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    The biggest problem with the Spyder is not the Spyder but the Spyder Dealer with a few exceptions. I am almost at the point of going to a Triglide fully knowing that it does not handle or perform as well as my Spyder '12 RT. I have not had a problem with it nor with the '09 RS that I had prior that was not caused by poor knowledge of the non certified tech staff or lack of attention to detail by the Dealer. Oil leaks, body panels missing fasteners and miss aligned, wires unplugged and not plugged in befor delivery. My '09 RS was delivered to me with 10 psi in the right front tire and 8 psi in the left. When I complained about the hard steering I was told that was normal. Things had changed over the years and my 2012 RT was delivered in perfect condition. But now the certified tech is gone to greener pastures and I have zero confidence in the Dealership once again.
    I am sorry for the rant but this is what will drive folks away from the Spyder platform, not the machine but the Dealer.
    You are right on with what your saying. No problem here. A good tech after the sale can make or break your experience.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default guide line for dealers

it would be nice if BRP installed a guide line or measure that the dealers need to follow or they wont get new bikes or license reinstated this poor service from so many dealers is a bother to the bike owners and leave us frustrated because of lack of GOOD tech support

Spyder Garage

Default Loved our 2010 RT . . . .

We put a lot of miles on it in the 2 1/2 years we had it . . . just under 38K miles . . . but we had to have it towed in twice because it would turn over and not start . . . . one time it was multiple relays that took over a month to figure out because our dealer had to have the the french speaking corporate rep on the phone over and over again . . . the second time was a broken baffle in the muffler that caused it to throw a code somehow . . . . we sold it at a loss but it was running sweet. I decided to get an RS like my wife has because they are fairly simple. The dealer suggested we wait for the new ST that was coming out . . . we did . . . and somewhere along the line, with the initial delay of releasing the ST LTD, I started looking for a daily commuter (my round trip of 68 miles a day to the big city to work is getting a little spendy gas wise) and got a chance to check out the BMW scooter. While there are many motorcycles out there, my fake leg on the left side doesn't allow me to shift anything other than a heal & toe shifter. I had sold my 2000 Suzuki Intruder (looks like a Harley Fat Boy only bigger) with 80K trouble free miles on the OD, and really didn't want to go in Cruiser direction. As it turns out, the Beamer is a great daily and long distance ride. . . handles like what I imagine a sport bike feels like, and it will pull right up to 90+mph if you don't pay attention while passing. No need for a Corbin as the seat is great . . . and heated. The only mod has been a wind deflector on top of the electric windshield to quell the wind blast that a shorter rider wouldn't experience. Now my Spyder focus is on Cat's RS, and it is really nice only having one Spyder to maintain. Recently installed heated grips, a power outlet and a Steible horn . . . . good stuff!
    Vaughn
    Spyder Cat's other half
    Passing thru Southern Oregon? Come ryde with us SOreSpyders@yahoo.com

2010 RT-SE5 PE#783
    Mods: Corbin Custom Seat & passenger arm rests; Elka Shocks, RT622 trailer, and lots and lots of gas. . . . and did I mention, a new rear tire?
    2010 RS , custom home made billet Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnCat View Post
    We put a lot of miles on it in the 2 1/2 years we had it . . . just under 38K miles . . . but we had to have it towed in twice because it would turn over and not start . . . . one time it was multiple relays that took over a month to figure out because our dealer had to have the the french speaking corporate rep on the phone over and over again . . . the second time was a broken baffle in the muffler that caused it to throw a code somehow . . . . we sold it at a loss but it was running sweet. I decided to get an RS like my wife has because they are fairly simple. The dealer suggested we wait for the new ST that was coming out . . . we did . . . and somewhere along the line, with the initial delay of releasing the ST LTD, I started looking for a daily commuter (my round trip of 68 miles a day to the big city to work is getting a little spendy gas wise) and got a chance to check out the BMW scooter. While there are many motorcycles out there, my fake leg on the left side doesn't allow me to shift anything other than a heal & toe shifter. I had sold my 2000 Suzuki Intruder (looks like a Harley Fat Boy only bigger) with 80K trouble free miles on the OD, and really didn't want to go in Cruiser direction. As it turns out, the Beamer is a great daily and long distance ride. . . handles like what I imagine a sport bike feels like, and it will pull right up to 90+mph if you don't pay attention while passing. No need for a Corbin as the seat is great . . . and heated. The only mod has been a wind deflector on top of the electric windshield to quell the wind blast that a shorter rider wouldn't experience. Now my Spyder focus is on Cat's RS, and it is really nice only having one Spyder to maintain. Recently installed heated grips, a power outlet and a Steible horn . . . . good stuff!
    Haven't seen you post in some time. Great to see the post and hope that all is well.

Chris

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Now you can Say that you're a conformist.......Why don't folks just say that what they feel like, what don't they want to say?, ..I respect people that are honest

Spyder Garage

Default I can not bash the spyders!

Dude... you could have traded up to a 2012 or 2013 RT and moved on from your lemon Spyder..... or sold it and got into a new Spyder.

But you got lured in to the dark side......;-)

Hopefully you'll tire of the dark side and come back to the light..... ;-)

We'll probably take you back..... ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

*BING*!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 05-28-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Spyder Garage

Farmboy

I still think your a ROCK STAR"........................

Keep on Ryd'in
    ​KMORT44

Spyder Garage

BUT!! my RT is way more smother ride, the bumps in the road will shake your teeth out on the HD. Any one will out perform in the curves on the spyder. the spyder will out run the HD trike at any time. I hit any bump in a curve, the front wheel will hop and skip to the out side and will need to pull over to clean out your shorts! Wish my spyder didn't have so many glitches... I would not of traded her off. Hope BRP gets it right some day.[/QUOTE]

Gee, I could have written this.