Thread: 2013 owners

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 owners

The 2013 Spyder catalog shows two grills on the throttle side of the RT one upper and one lower by your foot. Dealer says there is no lower grill anymore just an open space. Is this correct? Thanks

Spyder Garage

There are no grills on the right side of the RT.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydercatjohn View Post
    The 2013 Spyder catalog shows two grills on the throttle side of the RT one upper and one lower by your foot. Dealer says there is no lower grill anymore just an open space. Is this correct? Thanks
    BRP's web site shows the grills also. If you look at the RT Limited pictures on the web site, it shows both with webbed grills.

Spyder Garage

Those are illustrations, not photographs. Chalk it up to the artist's imagination.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

On my first spyder I panicked one night when I thought I had lost a grill like part on a nearly new bike.. Only later I found out the part was never there - even though when I called the dealer I used back then, they initially told me they would order the replacement part for me...
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you mean the accessory catalog? Or the Spyder brochure? I can't find a good illustration or photo of that part of the RT in either one.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    On my first spyder I panicked one night when I thought I had lost a grill like part on a nearly new bike.. Only later I found out the part was never there - even though when I called the dealer I used back then, they initially told me they would order the replacement part for me...
    Similar for me also. Went to the dealer to check out the 's to see if they had missing grills or not.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Do you mean the accessory catalog? Or the Spyder brochure? I can't find a good illustration or photo of that part of the RT in either one.
    The 2013 Spyder catalog , not the accessory catalog, shows a yellow RT-S with a lower right grill. There are holes for a grill on the right which are reverse of the left side. Turning the left grill upside down might fit the right. Anyway I thought the dealer had lost mine and was pretty upset. Called them back and admitted they were were correct. I do not know why they omitted a grill on the right unless it had something to do with radiator cooling.
    BTW Thanks Lamonster for the quick reply.
    Last edited by spydercatjohn; 05-24-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wink Good Reason for No Right Side Grill

I think they decided to omit the grill so your ankle would start to cook faster if you decided to start resting your right foot out on the lower fairing instead of near the brake lever. <smirk>

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 owners

No grill for top or bottom on 2013 RT.

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer