Spyder Garage

Default As I await patiently for the 13' version

of the Baja Ron sway bar, I thought I would ask if anyone with a 13' RT has tried another bar perhaps from the ST etc. to see if it would fit, or if so did it make a difference. I took the front tires to 20 psi and it made a notable difference over the 15 psi that it started with, but I am looking forward to a sway bar upgrade of some type, so I thought I would ask if anyone has done anything to a 13' RT yet over stock. -Thanks.
    Lets ride!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wis2013rtltd View Post
    of the Baja Ron sway bar, I thought I would ask if anyone with a 13' RT has tried another bar perhaps from the ST etc. to see if it would fit, or if so did it make a difference. I took the front tires to 20 psi and it made a notable difference over the 15 psi that it started with, but I am looking forward to a sway bar upgrade of some type, so I thought I would ask if anyone has done anything to a 13' RT yet over stock. -Thanks.
    We have a stock 2013 RT SE5 and it handles very well. I would find out wby you have
    problems with your Spyder before spending money on aftermarket sway bars.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm currently testing the 2013 RT version for BajaRon so I think it should be going into production pretty soon. While the 2013 is a better handling Spyder than earlier models the bigger sway bar from Ron improves the ride on the curves. It isn't as noticeable of a difference like it was on my 2010 but still is favorable to the stock setup.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default It handles extremely well in my opinion....

Quote Originally Posted by spydercatjohn View Post
    We have a stock 2013 RT SE5 and it handles very well. I would find out wby you have
    Much better than a 12' I test rode prior to buying the 13'. I am not complaining, just looking for an improvement to a already well handling machine!
    Lets ride!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the update SpyderAnn01

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I'm currently testing the 2013 RT version for BajaRon so I think it should be going into production pretty soon. While the 2013 is a better handling Spyder than earlier models the bigger sway bar from Ron improves the ride on the curves. It isn't as noticeable of a difference like it was on my 2010 but still is favorable to the stock setup.
    feedback is good, and glad to see its in prototype..
    Lets ride!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydercatjohn View Post
    It may not be "a problem" with the handling, but some just like the performance handling of the Baja Ron bar. I have owned two RTS Spyders and never experienced problems, but after installing the Baja Ron bar on my current unit, I can fully understand anyone wanting it for their 2013. It truly is a night and day difference in the handling. Try it, you'll like it.

Spyder Garage

? to wis2013rtld?

Have you had an opportunity to have it on a super slab with gusty winds or semis (and more particularly car haulers or tankers)?

Mine handles very very good in the twisties and curves. It's the wind gusts that I'm wondering about.

Thanks.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    ? to wis2013rtld?

Have you had an opportunity to have it on a super slab with gusty winds or semis (and more particularly car haulers or tankers)?

Mine handles very very good in the twisties and curves. It's the wind gusts that I'm wondering about.

Thanks.

Chris
    ... after I got the SB for the ball joints replaced on my '13, I really enjoy rYding Valerie! However, as Chris said... It does take a little extra effort on the wind gusts... that is what I am testing
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Default Chris, at first I did notice a little sway on the highway when

? to wis2013rtld?

Thanks.

Chris
    around semis and or in heavy crosswinds. I commute 130 miles round trip on the highway each day with my Spyder when weather permits. Taking the front tires to 20 psi really, really helped. It is much better, but I still notice it a little, and thats why I am excited about the 13' sway bar upgrade. The curves and twisties are not at all a problem, I welcome them with it just being stock. Try 20 psi in your front tires, I think you will notice an impovement especially with semis and crosswinds on the super slabs.
    Lets ride!!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

? to wis2013rtld?

Thanks.

Chris
    Just took delivery of RT Limited yesterday and the 100-mile ride home was great until it became really squirrely when hit with gusty cross-winds coming out of the mountain valleys. I'm on my way out to the garage to raise the front pressure up to 20-psi right now. I, too, look forward to the Baja Ron '13 equipment.

Spyder Garage

Default MountainSeaDog

Quote Originally Posted by MountainSeaDog View Post
    Just took delivery of RT Limited yesterday and the 100-mile ride home was great until it became really squirrely when hit with gusty cross-winds coming out of the mountain valleys. I'm on my way out to the garage to raise the front pressure up to 20-psi right now. I, too, look forward to the Baja Ron '13 equipment.
    Let me know your opinion after the tires are set at 20psi.
    Lets ride!!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default C'mon, Baja Ron!

Quote Originally Posted by wis2013rtltd View Post
    Let me know your opinion after the tires are set at 20psi.
    I guess I'll watch to get my order in when the '13 RT version becomes available. When I checked the tire cold pressure, I found the dealer had already set them at 19-psi so I doubt the extra pound will have much effect. Of course the valley cross-wind gusts can be pretty stiff around here. They really jostle the rider, too, particularly with the upright riding position that the RT design promotes.