Thread: squeeky brakes

Spyder Garage

Default squeeky brakes

any body have this problem ??? how to fix???
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: squeeky brakes

Lots of posts on here and other forum on this topic. I for one have squeeeeaaaaky brakes and 2 different shops have worked on it...still squeaky.

good luck

Spyder Garage

My spyder as squeaked now for 3000 miles. I got a lugh today because I watched BRP's official Indy 500 film footage of the spyder running there. The spyder was squeaking so loud you can barely stand to watch the video. They did as good of a job as anyone of documenting their own problem. I lodged an official complaint about my bike and they said end of June first of July they will have an official fix for it. Nothing like riding the most visible vehicle on the planet and sounding like a big ass dump truck as you pull up to the light.

Spyder Garage

OMG is that the truth.
    At the first service they so called cleaned them ??? but within two rides they were screaming again. Dump truck is the word!!!!!
    HAPPY FORMER OWNER of 2008 PE 3016

Spyder Garage

I had mine fixed last week. It's important to differentiate between the two types of squeaks on the Spyder. The soft, almost avian chirp never seems to go away. I can live with that one.

The cacophony of metal on metal I was experiencing, however, is unbearable. I took my in last week and they replaced the rear pad under warranty- still had to pay the labor since BRP hasn't officially acknowledged the problem. :edit:

Best of luck
    "I <3 attention!"
    -DD

Spyder Garage

Check and see if Brembo or EBC might have a non-squeal pad that might fit. They make good brake products. I had sqeeky brakes on my Goldwing trike and changed to EBC pads and problem went away.

Jim

Spyder Garage

thanks for the feedback .... i have to drop mine off at dealer on tuesday for handlebar riser and there going to try and do something to brakes ... wish me luck ...nothin worse than pulling up at the beach having everybody checkout bike .... and brakes squeal .... i'm thinking of maybe headphones and a very loud ipod hookup might fix the problem full face helmet has eliminated part of it ....
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

where do you send formal complaint ... i think we all should ... get this problem fixed fast...
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Call BRP and they we act as if you are the first person to have ever experienced this problem. But they will assign you a case number. If enough of us complain it might get fixed. I personally think this is their first attempt at a road vehicle and should have used a slotted disk or pad that allowed for the brake to clean itself. This bike has ABS and the rear brake never gets fully engaged. Mine drags and squeals every time I put it into reverse or even in neutral and I roll it backwards. They told me they are aware of the problem. I got that much of a confession from them. I own 4 other motorcycles and none of them have ever squeaked like this one. And I have owned 20 through the years. I love my spyder but they need to fix this problem. My business partner bough a spyder same time as I did. His does the exact same thing. I wonder if BRP being french have heard the saying that 900 French men can't all be wrong. They got a problem. BTW I put a micron pipe on mine and my buddy got the Hindel. Mine sounds way better. Hands down even he agrees.

Spyder Garage

Phone number for brp??? and i've heard both still like hindle personal opinion .....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER