Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JAXPOWERSPORTS View Post
    On behalf of Jacksonville Powersports. I would like say that theres another side to this story. If anyone would like to speak to us personally about this situation, Call us toll free at 888-312-9643 Ask for myself Matt Wells or Doug Floyd

Thanks

In the sake of professionalism. We shall refrain from participating in any type of internet forum squabbling. Regardless of how malicious & skewed some of the accusations may be. It's just not professional, Call us toll free at 888-312-9643 Ask for myself Matt Wells or Doug Floyd

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

In the sake of professionalism. We shall refrain from participating in any type of internet forum squabbling. Regardless of how malicious & skewed some of the accusations may be. It's just not professional, Call us toll free at 888-312-9643 Ask for myself Matt Wells or Doug Floyd

I guess will just assume most of it is true. Would still like to know how a dealer can charged to correct an error code, on a bike under warranty.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I think its in the best interest of your dealership to address the issues on this forum. To ask people to call you to talk about it is just ridiculous, there are several consumers asking for you to clarify the situation at hand yet you want each to call you? You have every chance to try and "clear your name" here, if you choose not to do so then I guess it hurts nobody but your dealership's business in the future. To each their own.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hollylmh View Post
    North Jax Powersports are the ones who had my Spyder for Bike Week, never got it to run, tried to void warranty, and wanted to charge me $175 for not fixing it! Daryl @ Pensacola Motorsports had it running in 5 minutes, no charge!
    hollylmh
    Yellow 444
    NW FL
    thats good to know...i bought from Jimmy at Pensacola Motorsports...I have to take it in for the 1st service and to replace the muffler(burn spot) and make sure im not having shifting problems(se5) I will write up a full report on these guys good or bad...I can say that it was a great experience buying the bike from them

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

it doesnt seem like you were concerned with professionalisim when you were screwing the guy to begin with...sounds mighty fishy to me....I for one will err on the side of caution and NOT do business with JAX as well as pass the word to my buds.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwfranklin View Post
    I guess will just assume most of it is true. Would still like to know how a dealer can charged to correct an error code, on a bike under warranty.

EXACTLY!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder lover Members
    The reason for our recent post was to let you the members know that there is indeed another side to the story
    Jacksonville powersports are nothing but CROOKS!
    We’ve been in business now for over 30 years. We are a BRP Platinum level dealer, I can assure you that we haven’t stayed in business this long and had the success we’ve had selling our brands, Kawasaki, Polaris, Victory & BRP (Sea-doo, Can-am, ATV’s & Roadsters) intentionally ripping people off and deceiving people. We strive to give you the Customer the best possible shopping experience in North Florida, when you enter our store. I do however understand that at times Customers get upset whether it is from mistakes made by us or just general mis-understandings.
    After all we are Human, if we do make a mistake, I can assure you that we own up to it and do everything in our power to make good with the customer
    In regards to Mr. Cook’s (ryno) allegations, I know nothing about the 3-day turnaround. Ryno came into our store at 8:08 AM. We promptly wrote him up at a cost of $259.87 OTD, NOT $378.00???? That includes 2 hrs labor, Oil, Filter & O-ring & Crush Washer. The Customer also complained that his brakes were “spongy” We hook ALL!!! BRP products up to BUDS system during ALL!!! Services to check for stored Fault codes. There was a stored code in the Spyder “
    brake error code”
    That had occurred once; the mentioned code was in the history. It was not a present code in the ECM, his unit had no present codes. And the brakes actually felt fine after the test ride. It was at this time that Ryno became very insistent that we perform the Safety/Warranty campaign 2008-1 which according to BRP’s dealer website, his machine did not qualify for according to his VIN # How can we warranty or perform warranty campaigns on a unit that doesn’t qualify??? He at this time stated that he would pay to have his brakes bleed and how much would this cost him? Per BRP warranty FLAT RATE!!! On the inspection & repair/ brake bleed is 7.00 hrs labor. This is exactly what we quoted Ryno 7.0 hrs at 95.00 per hour labor that comes too $665.00 plus the brake fluid. Where Ryno comes up with $1050.00 to bleed his brakes, I have no idea!!!! It was at this time Ryno became very upset and told us that we were screwing him and he would “bash” us on all the forums, for not performing the brake bleed campaign on his Spyder under warranty. His Spyder didn’t qualify for it, Warranty Fraud is a BIG!!!! Deal and we simply have too much at risk, to start doing things of that nature. BRP will charge back any unauthorized repairs and could take your dealers license from you if caught doing unethical repairs like this. Regardless to the fact, Ryno was back on the road at 10:40 AM the same morning, by the time we got our shop opened and working on his Spyder 30 minutes earlier than we normally open that’s a 2-hour turnaround.

We take great pride in getting travelers in & out and back on the highway to their destinations whether it is a scheduled Service, Tires or Major repair. Obviously Ryno had a bad experience with us, for this I’m truly SORRY!!! It’s an unfortunate set of circumstances. Possibly with clearer communication on BOTH parties part, something like this could have been avoided.
    Thanks for your time
    Matt Wells
    Service Manager
    Jacksonville Powersports

Spyder Garage

Matt,
    Well written!!! I sell Spyders and hope I never have to respond to a thread like you just did. I think that sometimes things just happen and there is no way to satisfy every party involved. Good for you, thanks for responding.
    Now, it's going to be great if this thread stops... you've said your bit, others have said theirs. Case closed???
    Mark

Mark "Spyderman" Adams
    ------------------------------

Spyder Garage

Sounds reasonable. More of an issue between the Spyder owner and BRP instead of with the dealership. Unfortunately, the service guys will catch the brunt of the flack as they are the ones right there trying to tell the customer that the company won't warranty the work. Like Matt said, maybe better communication between both the dealership and the customer may have smoothed over the issue.

Spyder Garage

Gotta admit that this is the response I expected. On almost every forum I'm on you read about someone who thinks the dealer screwed them because something wasn't warrantied. Had a very similar deal during my first service, had a gear position sensor error pop up in the BUDS history. Dealer told me if it happened again than it would be replaced under warranty, 6,000 miles later and no issues with it again.

+1 to Jaxpowersports for giving us their side.
    "I'm the only hell my mama ever raised"

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default jaksonville

We have a place in jax and have a spyder at that location. It only has 350 miles. We were going to take it to that dealership at 600 miles and also wanted to get some accessories. I am looking into a different dealer to deal with at this point. Thanks for the info.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by steven888 View Post
    We have a place in jax and have a spyder at that location. It only has 350 miles. We were going to take it to that dealership at 600 miles and also wanted to get some accessories. I am looking into a different dealer to deal with at this point. Thanks for the info.
    It's really a shame that people believe everything they've read on the internet. Do you know the original poster any better than you know the dealership? Yet you're willing to let one person's comments influence who you do business with.
    "I'm the only hell my mama ever raised"

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well put! Good explaination!

Now from my stand point. I work at a Platnium dealer as well, and I am the Spyder guy. I've had the same training as your techs. I can understand that the flat rate for bleeding the brakes is 7hrs, however that's how long it took me to replace the entire wiring harness, VCM, and bleed the brakes. With just a brake bleed, I could do that in under 2hrs. It takes 2 people, but can be done easily. $1000 is a bit high just to bleed brakes. I'm not burning you, or your dealership, but I know it didn't take the tech 7hrs to do it. Like I said I'm not trying to be negative here. Your letter was very good and professional.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

OK,
    Jax admittedly found an error code for brakes. An old code but a thrown code nonetheless.

So Jax basically tells Ryno there is nothing wrong now, go ahead and drive the Spyder. If the brakes/braking system fails then bring it back to us and we will fix it.

Now I would not call that an appropriate response concerning the most critical safety device on the vehicle.

I know I would ask for a more detailed inspection/evaluation and I don't think it unreasonable to request the brakes be bled. After all there is a history of air in the brake lines on other Spyders. OK Ryno's Spyder was not the approved brake bleeding list but neither were the others until the problem was identified after Spyders were delivered to many customers.

Yes, Jax came out and gave their view, kudos to them. However I don't find that any of their actions reflect a Platinum rated dealership. I know I would be looking for another dealership under the same circumstance even if they wanted to charge me only a dollar to bleed the brakes.

I think the real misunderstanding is one's inability to trust a percieved faulty brake system and the dealerships unwillingness to understand that point.

Jax is not a place I would go.

Spyder Garage

Default jax

What i dont understand is if i read right 7 hr to blead brakes on a motorcycle at the cost of $1000.00 plus WHAT IS UP WITH THAT i do feel that jax motorsports holds a certain responsabality to the saftey of there customers as well as BRP but if there was any questions about the brakes BRP should have been notifed and let them make the call regarding warr or customer pay ....but what ever the outcome i think knowing the issues with brakes and other problems with the spyders it should have been handled differently before it came to this. I do thank jax motorsports for responding .

Spyder Garage

Way back when I remember a dealer saying that it was a 6 hour job to bleed the brakes. That's if you don't timeout and have to start all over. So if BRP now calls it a 7 hour job I think that's fair. It is crazy that it takes that long but all those wiz bang computers that control everything on the Spyder can be thanked for that. That was the main reason I didn't tap into the hydraulics when I did my hand brake.

As far as the codes go and letting him leave with old bad code, he did clear the code and as far as I can tell it never showed back up.

Have you ever hooked up a BUDS and seen all the codes it throws? Mines been hooked up a few times and I always have codes that need to be cleared. This is not a big deal and if there was a current problem it most likely would be showing a code when he brought it in.

Did you know that there's a upload feature on the BUDS? If this dealer would have sent in a warranty claim for the book time I'm pretty sure BRP would have wanted to see the data from that Spyder to pay that claim. I think this dealer did the only thing he could have done and if the customer really wanted to push it he could have paid for it on his dime and then delt with BRP on it.

I don't know this dealer or customer but I do know both sides have been told and if you feel you need more information about this situation you can contact the parties involved. This is not going to be a thread to bash a dealer and give opinions on something you know nothing about.